Modding Questions Thread

To a degree yes. Unfortunately I still haven't found the off switch for the fins in the new database.......another option might just be to have the rear fins done in a carbon effect or something...although that wouldn't look too great.
I Have an Awesome idea But can not find what I am looking for.
I want to Change the Track Filter in the Classic Mode.
If the Track filter is a Overlay Texture that fits the Entire Screen We Could change the Track Filter into the Main Cockpit View So you would see the inside of the Helmet in Head cam view like in Pcars.
maxresdefault.jpg

To a degree yes. Unfortunately I still haven't found the off switch for the fins in the new database.......another option might just be to have the rear fins done in a carbon effect or something...although that wouldn't look too great.
Well, there's always the option of making another Senna helmet for me...*cough* :p

Thanks guys!

I need the visor viewers on the helmet in f1 2013 does anyone know how to create?
I Just asked where it His The only way to do it would be to Change the Classic Filter overlay OSD, Into the 2013 Season the The Classic Filter would have to be a Overlay Texture that fits the Entire Screen,,
maxresdefault.jpg

I think it no longer uses track_difficulties from the database. Try changing track_difficulties from the XML files in folder :\\F1 2013\tracks\difficulties

I'm guessing the file ai_track_difficulties.xml affects all eras. Maybe you can adjust each era by editing the file in their respective folder. I have not tested it yet. Please let us know if it works.

As for the other parameters, I have no idea.
Well, I tried to edit the file with a hex editor track_difficulties.xml.
You can now edit the difficulty!
You are still unable to change the speed of the AI in qualifying.
It would have to find a way to use only the file database.bin

Well, there's always the option of making another Senna helmet for me...*cough* :p

Thanks guys!
Someone Cleverer than me Could make a DLL , Or AXE File like the 2012 DataTracker This would enable us to do this mod,,
I have the Software but not the knowledge;)

any idea how to mod files for the scenario modes in the game ? I want to increase the number of flashbacks in especially the classic scenario modes. Thanks

how can I create Car-skins? Can i open the carliverys with pssg-editor? Than export them to desktop? Than open it with paint for example and than convert to pssgeditor and thats it??

I Have an Awesome idea But can not find what I am looking for.
I want to Change the Track Filter in the Classic Mode.
If the Track filter is a Overlay Texture that fits the Entire Screen We Could change the Track Filter into the Main Cockpit View So you would see the inside of the Helmet in Head cam view like in Pcars.
I think your assumption is wrong, at least, it's not normal way to do. If there was setting in somewhere, it's just color value for lighting or modification factor of color. Because using texture for color filer is completely nonsense.

BTW, if you tried to find someone(not me) who is willing to make that mod, please do. I'll be happy because I can scrap my plan and spend my free time for other stuff.

I think your assumption is wrong, at least, it's not normal way to do. If there was setting in somewhere, it's just color value for lighting or modification factor of color. Because using texture for color filer is completely nonsense.

BTW, if you tried to find someone(not me) who is willing to make that mod, please do. I'll be happy because I can scrap my plan and spend my free time for other stuff.
The Colour Filter as Only a Slight Change in Value , So From Clear to Vintage in my opinion they Could have Just used a Orange Texture Overlay with a opacity of around 15%.

I was Hoping it was a Texture mainly to do the Mod , If it his a XML Setting then the Mod is not Possible within the Game ;)

LOL ,,, You are wrong m8 ,,, My assumption is right it is a Texture I think you have not made a lot of CM Mods its just a Texture Overlay like I was hoping it was :D

LOL ,,, You are wrong m8 ,,, My assumption is right it is a Texture I think you have not made a lot of CM Mods its just a Texture Overlay like I was hoping it was :D
Maybe, my assumption IS wrong. If so, I apologize to doubt your judgement.

But I'm a little angry and dissapointed because you implied I'm a less experienced and less knowledge person just because I have not make A LOT OF MODS. I don't have make a lot mods because I don't create mod if there was no challenge or no personal interest. I also have no interest in rehash mod.

I never expected someone say like that.

Last edited:
Maybe, my assumption IS wrong. If so, I apologize to doubt your judgement.

But I'm a little angry and dissapointed because you implied I'm a less experienced and less knowledge person just because I have not make A LOT OF MODS. I don't have make a lot mods because I don't create mod if there was no challenge or no personal interest. I also have no interest in rehash mod.

I never expected someone say like that.
We was Both right in Theory m8 ,,, It His a Texture but the Settings like I thought are Inside a XML File like you Suggested I tried it,
If someone gets around to it before me Then Great!!!
The Texture Files are inside track under postp_
Also the XML Files are inside Track.
So someone have a mess around I thought of this Mod months ago when I saw a Question inside a Forum after watching a Classics Video on YouTube,,,
I Also know how to Mod all The the .NFS Files so they would be like Every Other Car
Which would enable people to Make skins I also Thought a Way to do this Months Ago.
I will do this when I get Around to it , Because its Slightly time Consuming;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.