Modding Questions Thread

Download Ryder Database Editor, now open:
  • F12013/database/database.bin
  • Go down to the string: track_model. Open it.
  • Search column: p3_grip, q1_grip, q2_grip, q3_grip, race_grip. Correct values are between 0 and 1, higher means more grip.:)
Remember that this change affects only player :):roflmao:

I would have to do the Mod myself to make a video showing how to do the Mod the Video would be Empty,,,
I have Just asked Ian
A Staff member why 2 of my Guides have been taken down without any notice or information to why?
So to be honest there is no point making a Guide because they keep being taken down
<Snip>

Though I haven't removed them personally, I did see them and let them stand as is. Strictly speaking they break the rules, and I should have flagged them for removal myself.

Every modder needs to read this sticky, especially if they are new to RD, but they rarely do ..... :(

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2013-modding-forum-explained.73612/

Note the GUIDES category below

uploading_zpsc6ff0320.png

How to upload and share your mods?

In the brand new F1 2013 Resource Manager you'll find five different categories under which you can file your project(s):
Cheers
Graham :)

Last edited:
I do not know where the Career Helmets are without looking, But You should be able to swap the data over manually without going into the Database,
Throw me a Link to where the information is stored and ill mod the Helmet=s:thumbsup:

Hi chargingcar,
I've found some files in characters\models\2013 like "highelmetcareer_driver.pssg" or "highelmetfernando_alonso.pssg"
I've tried to rename the name of the second files into the name of the first one, but in the game it doesn't changed anything.

But i'm think that this file is the helmet (i hope this is it !).

Hello! In Grand Prix mode I want to select more than 19 races for a season, but the limit is 19. I can't find something in the database, which i can edit to have more than 19 races.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hi chargingcar,
I've found some files in characters\models\2013 like "highelmetcareer_driver.pssg" or "highelmetfernando_alonso.pssg"
I've tried to rename the name of the second files into the name of the first one, but in the game it doesn't changed anything.

But i'm think that this file is the helmet (i hope this is it !).
Hi yes Thanks for the Question:thumbsup:

The issue is that just renaming the face of the file will not work as his.
If you open the File with the PSSG Editor inside the There is the PSSG DataBase.
Far left is the DataBase then Textures and Cubemaps.
Stay far left inside the DataBase.
And inside the First Library Just go down and Rename the file names.
Just open both files at the same time Copy the information from the first file and paste it into the second one you are replacing.

Hope this Helps;)

I'm renaming (cars and interiors folder's) classics to modern files, but I get the wheels of the two, anyone has any idea that can be?
wx404ppeybv6iv7fg.jpg

Last edited:
I'm renaming (cars and interiors folder's) classics to modern files, but I get the wheels of the two, anyone has any idea that can be?
wx404ppeybv6iv7fg.jpg
This issue is because there is two "Generics" Overlapping in the Game.
To solve this issue for Example you need to swap the 2013 which is named "generics"
To the car you are swapping which is named Genericsc1.
I already have a file which is already Converted

This issue arises due to the generics of the 2013 and its node data are set to a fixed position in 3D Space.
And the Car you are swapping as Node Data inside the Lod itself.
So you end up with the Generics being positioned inside the 3D Space twice.
Just swap this Generics file out this will solve the problem;)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/my027ptv4j3sas4/generics.zip
Just make sure you keep the Original,

Sorry just looked This Mod is not possible from C01/C02
This generics I have just posted is for cars C12/C15
It his possible to do it with the C01/2
But you will have to make everycar in 2013 C01/2 And use them generics:thumbsup:

This issue is because there is two "Generics" Overlapping in the Game.
To solve this issue for Example you need to swap the 2013 which is named "generics"
To the car you are swapping which is named Genericsc1.
I already have a file which is already Converted

This issue arises due to the generics of the 2013 and its node data are set to a fixed position in 3D Space.
And the Car you are swapping as Node Data inside the Lod itself.
So you end up with the Generics being positioned inside the 3D Space twice.
Just swap this Generics file out this will solve the problem;)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/my027ptv4j3sas4/generics.zip
Just make sure you keep the Original,

Sorry just looked This Mod is not possible from C01/C02
This generics I have just posted is for cars C12/C15
It his possible to do it with the C01/2
But you will have to make everycar in 2013 C01/2 And use them generics:thumbsup:

Hi yes Thanks for the Question:thumbsup:

The issue is that just renaming the face of the file will not work as his.
If you open the File with the PSSG Editor inside the There is the PSSG DataBase.
Far left is the DataBase then Textures and Cubemaps.
Stay far left inside the DataBase.
And inside the First Library Just go down and Rename the file names.
Just open both files at the same time Copy the information from the first file and paste it into the second one you are replacing.

Hope this Helps;)

Yeah thx for the answer, but it's difficult to understand the file...
I have some "shaderinstance" in the First Library, I modified them, but it doesn't changed anything. Do I have to change the value of each part of each shaderinstance ? (it'll be impossible because each helmet hasn't the same number of "shaderinstance")
If you have any idea, it will help me.

I have some "shaderinstance" in the First Library, I modified them, but it doesn't changed anything. Do I have to change the value of each part of each shaderinstance ? (it'll be impossible because each helmet hasn't the same number of "shaderinstance")

You must have 2 Different types of File you can not change the values in the "shaderinstance" as the Files are protected.
Tell me what you are trying to do and ill make it now for you I have a spare 5 minutes,

Also where are the files?:thumbsup:

I still can not understand what you are trying to achieve?
The Career File is the Main Node data file for the Career Helmets yes?
So to change Alonso to the Career File will not change anything,
If you was trying to Make the Helmets with the Fins on to play TT and Online you need to swap the Career Node File to the File that as the Gen00 Atributes file;)

If you tell me what you are trying to do and what for there may be an answer:thumbsup:

ok :)

So, As you have seen, this year, there are differents shape for helmets, which are based on real models (Schuberth, Arai). Alonso (or Massa or Rosberg) have a Schuberth one. And the helmet shape for career driver is a simple helmet, without anything special.
My wish is to put the shape of Alonso's helmet for the career helmet.

Do you understand ? :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 182 87.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 28.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 35.1%