Modding Questions Thread

Yes, it can be very helpful mate.

//EDIT: If it is from 170 line in EGO CTF Editor, I think I solved it myself.
I Just made a Quick Guide The video is in the Guides Section.
At least people now can just watch these Quick Guides its faster than looking on the Forums;)

Hello, I tried to change the fields to adjust the speed of AI in qualifying because AI is too fast in race compared on Q3.
I edit these fields with last Ryder Editor for F1 2013:
easy_dry_lap_time_adjustment
easy_wet_lap_time_adjustment
hard_dry_lap_time_adjustment
hard_wet_lap_time_adjustment
in track_model.
By setting these fields , for example . with " -0.5 " , the AI of F1 2012 was faster in qualifying than half a second on Q1, Q2 and Q3.
Now changing these values with F1 2013 I haven't see any difference in the qualification. Why?
Instead, the total number of laps I was able to change them.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this or if there are other changes to be edited to change at will the speed of AI in qualifying, ...and the difficulty of legend or expert?
Is F1 2013 protected and activated the restrictions do not change the parameters for the AI? (Track_model, track_difficulties, AI_driver..).
There are no changes if I apply changes to the values of these fields. :(

Someone was able to change the values of the speed of AI with also reflected in the race?
Thanks

Hello! I'm searching for a way to resolve a problem: i'm using a steering-wheel without pedals but pressing a button to accelerate the result is that the throttle is so sudden and the car spins. Is there a way to make throttle more gradual (using buttons and not pedals)? Or a way to increase the traction control to avoid this loss of control?

I made the ingame settings using a 0% for throttle saturation but is not enough....i'm looking for "some internal file" modification to reach an improvement.

Thank you.

Hello, I tried to change the fields to adjust the speed of AI in qualifying because AI is too fast in race compared on Q3.
I edit these fields with last Ryder Editor for F1 2013:
easy_dry_lap_time_adjustment
easy_wet_lap_time_adjustment
hard_dry_lap_time_adjustment
hard_wet_lap_time_adjustment
in track_model.
By setting these fields , for example . with " -0.5 " , the AI of F1 2012 was faster in qualifying than half a second on Q1, Q2 and Q3.
Now changing these values with F1 2013 I haven't see any difference in the qualification. Why?
Instead, the total number of laps I was able to change them.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this or if there are other changes to be edited to change at will the speed of AI in qualifying, ...and the difficulty of legend or expert?
Is F1 2013 protected and activated the restrictions do not change the parameters for the AI? (Track_model, track_difficulties, AI_driver..).
There are no changes if I apply changes to the values of these fields. :(
Someone was able to change the values of the speed of AI with also reflected in the race?
Thanks

I think it no longer uses track_difficulties from the database. Try changing track_difficulties from the XML files in folder :\\F1 2013\tracks\difficulties

I'm guessing the file ai_track_difficulties.xml affects all eras. Maybe you can adjust each era by editing the file in their respective folder. I have not tested it yet. Please let us know if it works.

As for the other parameters, I have no idea.

So is it actually possible to use 2012 helmets? I.e. disable the fin or whatever they added.

To a degree yes. Unfortunately I still haven't found the off switch for the fins in the new database.......another option might just be to have the rear fins done in a carbon effect or something...although that wouldn't look too great.

I need the visor viewers on the helmet in f1 2013 does anyone know how to create? mmm i m in err post sry.

The d3d11.dll used with f1_2012.exe will have to be sort of re-compiled in order to "chain-in" (if you will) the new f1_2013.exe (if it is how it's done). Experienced DX programmers (other than myself) should have a solution soon, let's hope.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back