Modding Questions Thread

As far as I know, all the carrer helmets are in bespokehelmets....those are the skins
If you Mod I could Explain how to go about it , It should not be that complicated:thumbsup:
Might be easier for you just to put up a vid, rather than trying to explain.

Languages other than English speaking, may find it easier to follow.

Just a thought.

As far as I know, all the carrer helmets are in bespokehelmets....those are the skins

Might be easier for you just to put up a vid, rather than trying to explain.

Languages other than English speaking, may find it easier to follow.

Just a thought.
I would have to do the Mod myself to make a video showing how to do the Mod the Video would be Empty,,,
I have Just asked Ian
A Staff member why 2 of my Guides have been taken down without any notice or information to why?
So to be honest there is no point making a Guide because they keep being taken down:thumbsdown:

So I will Just get down to it.
I read a lot of information on the Forums from Codemasters and tech stuff online.

Codemasters only make the .NFS Files for the PC!!!
Because of People ripping the Cars for rFactor and such,

So Basically if you look inside nearly every XML File and settings you will see such things like PS3 XBOX PC ,,,
This is Because Codemasters will write one Code and Database,
With reference to all platforms rightly included,

So what is needed is just for someone to "Download" A Copy!!!
Of F1 2013 From either PS3/XBOX
Which needs to be the "Classic Edition"
Which they will have all the Cars from "C32/C35

These Files will contain all the Textures and the LOD!!!

Copy all the Files "C32/C35"
Then Copy the DataBase File and Just simply insert then into this Game!!! Enjoy!!!:thumbsup:

But aren't the xbox and ps3 file formats completely different?
Some are m8 , Yes but there is Software available online to Extract the information for them files,,,
But there is no Software for the .NFS Files so like I said earlier in another Comment that I know how to do it and get it working but its a Time Consuming thing may take about 5 Hours.
In total My Problem is that last week I spent over 30 Hours looking for a Copy before Release and I had to download a lot of crap!!!
And I have ended up with some kind of Spyware on my PC It put a Extention on my google account and shared all my personal information and passwords.
So to be honest I could do this myself but I am not risking no more of my personal data;)

But aren't the xbox and ps3 file formats completely different?
There is an easier way to do if this way is too hard m8,
Use the Ryder25 DataBase Editor ,,
And add a New Custom Livery into the C32/35 Folders as they are already Provided:thumbsup:

Hi, Can somebody explain to me how can i make my own helmet? What file do i need to open,with which proogram? @ML2166 can you give me a guide?
If you go to http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ And Download the PSSG Editor ,,
Once you download it place the Entire file on your Desktop and leave it as his,

If you then Open the selected PSSG File at the bottom it says EXPORT and IMPORT
Export the Files ,
Where ever you are located inside a Folder tracks/korea for example this is where the Exported files will be sent to ,,,

The Exported Files Just open them inside Photoshop CS6 and Edit them,,,
Do you Have Photoshop?
If so but you have not edited the files Before you will need a Plugin from Nvidia,
This is called a nvidia dds plugin this is found here https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

My Version is the 3D CS6 but the standard Version works just the same ,, But if you have the 3D Version you will need to Download both 32 and 64 bit DDS Plugins to open the File.

Once you have edited the file Just reopen the original PSSG File that you exported the textures from and and at the bottom again just press IMPORT Textures;)

Hi, Can somebody explain to me how can i make my own helmet? What file do i need to open,with which proogram? @ML2166 can you give me a guide?
Location of the Helmets but same instructions as in previous message;)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\f12013\characters\bespokehelmets

I don't know if its been asked yet but are the helmets are the same as last year's? Meaning can I use my helmets from last year in this year's?

David, all should be good in the bespokehelmets file. So if you are talking about career helmets, I think you are good to go....if you are however talking about driver helmets Button, Alonso etc etc....then no, they won't work this year as the helmet models are different.

David, all should be good in the bespokehelmets file. So if you are talking about career helmets, I think you are good to go....if you are however talking about driver helmets Button, Alonso etc etc....then no, they won't work this year as the helmet models are different.

So, we can use the same 3D template you've provided to make career helmets?

Thank you for the response ML. It is the career helmets I'm asking about. Is the model for bespokehelmets the same as last year? I have templates and helmets that I made last year that I was wanting to use this year in career mode. Thank you for your help

Thank you for the response ML. It is the career helmets I'm asking about. Is the model for bespokehelmets the same as last year? I have templates and helmets that I made last year that I was wanting to use this year in career mode. Thank you for your help

I painted my helmet on ML's template for F1 2012 and they fit perfcect on F1 2013.
So the bespokehelmets are the same as last year. Even the wing on the bespokehelmets work (the wing is only used in some cutscenes).

edit: changed fin to wing

Last edited:
Mercedes wheel too high

...is more higher. it can be corrected in race car model?

Attachments

• 2013-10-09_00001.jpg
    2013-10-09_00001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 331
Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure it's been vaguely answered somewhere but I have specifics.

Could somebody fluent in skinning for 2013 (or 2012 if same methods apply) message me and let me know a few things.

Firstly, when it comes to actually making skins I am experienced, just not for F1 specifically.

Right, what I want to know is : Programs and methods needed for file locations, extraction/conversion before editing (if needed) and then conversion/compression (if needed) to put the file back into the game. Also if there are any special rules or things to know when editing (including any Photoshop plugins needed). Then is there an outside of game viewer to "test" the car skin.

If anybody wants to post this here to answer questions of similar nature for others feel free, but could I please get a copy of the response PM'd to me here at the forums.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea