McGuinness, Flintoff and Harris Confirmed as New Top Gear Trio

I think LeBlanc really left at the wrong time him and Harris were starting to really work, they both have talent behind the wheel and they bounced off each other really well, no usual misunderstanding between american and englishman which was good to see but i mean Paddy McGuinness really? yes he may be a petrol head or "car fan" but this is the guy that does a show with the catchphrase "no likey, no lighty" just cant take him seriously.

Agree with Andy here, McGuinness and Flintoff in particular are really top blokes, so this could well be a good thing for the show. Looking forward to seeing how it goes, as since post Clarkson era I've had no interest in it at all... well worth a stab to freshen things up.

Remember folks, Top Gear is an entertainment show featuring cars, not a car show.... it hasn't been a car show since the mid 1990's!

Flintoff & McGuinness are nice blokes but how much do they know about cars?Have they even driven on track?They should have chosen one of them & the third person should have been an ex pro driver like Perry McCarthy,Johnny Herbert,Mark Webbber,Alex Brundle or Chris Hoy.

Just think, a whole lifetime of paying the licence fee...must amount to thousands. The beeb will give that and a whole lot more besides to this pair of er… "great lads" to make a car show that most car people wouldn't give a second look to.

Thats the wonderful way that the bbc is funded!

Andy Wilman and his three stooges made car shows that were entertaining. So far the new lot have been trying to make entertainment that's also a car show. Can't blame Chris Harris for taking the money though, no wonder he's smiling.

Ha, about all I have ever gotten out of a Top Gear "car review" is:

- The sheet metal is shaped in an aesthetically pleasing fashion
- When you press the gas pedal to the floor, it makes a pleasingly loud noise and lots of smoke

If I want an objective assessment of how a car actually drives/performs, for me it's straight to YouTube to watch a bunch of videos and look for commonalities across the assessments.

It actually was a serious car show once; had a bunch of proper reviews and then possibly a section on motorsport. Problem was it was pretty dry & dated, so the ratings gradually slipped until they gave up. Evo's vlog reviews manage to be informative and entertaining so I don't see why it's not possible, really.

Clarkson has always been a repetitive twat who thinks he's far funnier than he is, even when he wrote for Performance Car & never liked him; the other two were ok & the stunts they all managed to pull were outrageous & mostly entertaining. Haven't actually watched TG for years though.

They have to keep making the show no matter what. To do otherwise would be like admitting they made a mistake. We know they did, they know they did, they know we know they did, but the show must go on.

If they keep making cast changes it's only going to get worse. It's about chemistry, which doesn't happen overnight. LeBlanc/Harris/Reid were starting to develop some. People forget it took a few seasons for the Clarkson/Hammond/that fat guy nobody remembers/May iteration to really get good too.

Problem is that Top Gear is basically surviving on life support only these days. Meanwhile The Grand Tour certainly isn't perfect but with S2 being much better than S1 (god that awful American bloke) I have good hopes S3 will just be as entertaining.

Completely unimpressed with the lineup desperately trying to create chemistry I just don't get it. They're must be some willing ex pro drivers out there with a good personality. Irvine, Jenson, Mansell (Joke)

But Flintoff tho! and Paddy wtf Flintoff has been trading of the one of the lads with seemingly poor IQ for years, is this just another show to sit and join the rest of the country being drip fed drivvle I'm sure the BBC wants the whole nation brainwashed. I just can't see him making indulging TV, and paddy this one I don't get at all a non edgy comic famous for a show where he plays a dumbass and a dating show what about Jimmy Carr I mean the clue is in the name with this one but nooo, crappy scared of sex scene BBC stiff upper lip cop out pansy TV channel have to take the safe bet because they are so scared of using the bleep and complaint letters from middle class morons who's inheritance has rendered them useless friggin snobs. They forget that one of the main reasons why it was so lived was because Clarkson didn't hold back he wasn't scared of a BBC royal rollicking the new show stinks and always will stink they should have gone ultra car nerd and brought in people we can at least respect. Major major disappointment.

I think LeBlanc really left at the wrong time him and Harris were starting to really work, they both have talent behind the wheel and they bounced off each other really well, no usual misunderstanding between american and englishman which was good to see but i mean Paddy McGuinness really? yes he may be a petrol head or "car fan" but this is the guy that does a show with the catchphrase "no likey, no lighty" just cant take him seriously.

Agree!. LeBlanc was doing a good job. So sad he had to commute somehow from the States...

If you like it good for you :) .....but don't rant on with bs

I don't know if I like it or not because it has not started yet. That is the point. :rolleyes: So you have the nerve to say that even though you have never watched this yet to be released series with these new guys? Childish comment from you to be honest but an expected one.

What the hell is the matter with you lot of non car lovers? Get a frackin grip of yourselves. The show hasn't even been filmed yet so we have to give it a chance before passing judgement. Would you rather have more pathetic cookery shows or big brother type shows? This is about fast cars, having a laugh and hopefully it will be good because Flintoff and Paddy are ace blokes and they just do everything for a laugh.
So give it a chance before you write it off and turn the TV over to the next soap opera. :rolleyes:

Yeah I felt the last series they made was very good TV. Clarkson and the other team although great to watch, can sometimes go so completely overboard it's just not funny anymore. The new BBC team were starting to gel nicely and in all honesty I found some of the shows more entertaining than the Grand Tour.

They did the right thing by having the odd appearance of Eddie and the other members of the team, that seemed to work well too.

However I'm slightly disappointed that the BBC have decided to change the lineup again (just as the other one was starting to work).

I know I'm repeating myself but if you watch the earlier Top Gears, some are painful to watch. The crowd are not laughing, the three hosts are not interacting very well. In was only until about series three that the trio of Clarkson, Hammond and May really started to get along (I think there were also production and script writer changes as well). So as @Andy_J mentions, please just give it a chance.

As far as internet goes. I do watch Leno's Garage and a few others as well. However there is still a market for a motoring program on a Sunday night. I would much prefer that to another reality show! lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back