• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured McGuinness, Flintoff and Harris Confirmed as New Top Gear Trio

Discussion in 'Car Culture' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Michael Payne

Michael Payne

Ratings:
    +6
    I hope they come up with their own ideas and change the format. Since Clarkson, May and Hammond left, the have had a succession of presenters basically doing the same tired format with a few minor changes. They need to come up with something completely different and do their own thing and not just put new presenters into the same format.

I have watched Grand Tour on Amazon, and just feels like more of the same - but possibly even more over the top, more stupid, more and bigger explosions and 'killing off' the celebrity guest each week. Every episode is practically the same just hosted in a tent from a different country. I also wish they would give Mike Skinner a non speaking role like the Stig.

2. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +343
    could be worse they could have ponied up millions of license payers dosh for James Corden <shudder>

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +343
    more people than those that care about your opinion! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rw3

rw3

Ratings:
    +115
    I enjoyed the new series once they got rid of Chris Evans, I hope the new show is as good but I have my doubts about Flintoff and while Paddy is good entertainment in other shows I have a feeling he may be a bit too close to Chris Evans in style to work - not sure getting rid of Rory was a good idea either, he provided a good counter-balance to the other bigger names.

Re grand tour.. disappeared up its own arse somewhat so I gave up on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thombike

Thombike

Ratings:
    +76
    WTF with You men? Ar You sick?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Thombike

Thombike

Ratings:
    +76
    Can be :D

7. Thombike

Thombike

Ratings:
    +76
    But You know...some of people have...a St. Thomas syndrome :) If can't touch, can't believe...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    Go away or I'll report you for stalking me.:p:sneaky: Oh and try and type in English.

9. Richard Dastardly

Richard Dastardly

Ratings:
    +230
    Was actually pretty annoyed when Harris got this gig, because his own series just stopped completely. I guess you need to pay the bills somehow though. He had time to run Blancpain Endurance this year too, mind you ( and came 2nd in AM class, iirc ).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thombike

Thombike

Ratings:
    +76
    You are already reported. You know why.

11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,534
    Both of you behave.
    tenor (11).gif

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Thombike

Thombike

Ratings:
    +76
    Because I have My own opinion about show which is no more show...Ok...

13. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +3,609
    But how do you know? You haven't seen it yet. ;):whistling:

14. Simon Gardner

Simon Gardner

Ratings:
    +211
    If this show is to survive it needs to be a complete revolution just like it was in 2003 compared to the old 90's Top Gear. They've had a couple of opportunities to do something completely different, instead it seems like they are desperately trying to recreate the chemistry that existed between Hammond, Clarkson and May and only making minor changes to the format. I still can't believe they haven't chosen a woman for one of the main presenters and thats not about equality it just seems something that is so obviously lacking.

15. belevezero

belevezero

Ratings:
    +30
    I believe Chris Harris is Iranian. At least that's what I vaguely remember him telling Joe Rogan on his podcast.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.