McGuinness, Flintoff and Harris Confirmed as New Top Gear Trio

Reid was crap, trying too hard to be the "captain slow" James May a like. Got really irritated by the predictable "I look good in this" nonsense too.

Line up sounds alright to me.....although I hope Harris calms down a tad, is he really like that or is he trying to be too much of a Clarkson (i.e the ass of the show).

Gonna miss Matt tho, at least he gave bikes a decent shout out (unlike Clarkson the blithering idiot).

I just hope they do their own thing. The other 3 on Amazon are really poor imo the same rehashed format has died a death.
Fully agree. While i loved the old Top Gear seasons until the late tens (after that it deteriorated already with less and less political uncorrectness, probably forced by the BBC), i think the dreamteam was just **** in Amazon. Americanization absolutely killed it. Since the move i even think Top Gear had been better then Grand Tour every single season, even with the horrible red-blonde bloke with glasses. Especially last season i quite liked Top Gear. Glad that they kept Harris, he was the best one. Don't know the two new guys, but i am sure to give them a try. Didn't know Harris before as well and was pleasently surprised. They should just get rid of Sabine, she is ridiculous (in a bad way), coming from a German.

Might work. I think they should do their own thing as well, both TG and GT have been milking a dead cow in a format sense. Nothing has been that great anywhere since the "holy trinity" left TG and I thought the work Chris Harris did pre-TG was really good. "Chris Harris on Cars", anyone?

Last edited:
I thought the last season of Top Gear was actually really good, much better than the first season since Clarkson left and even better than the first season of the Grand Tour, which also has gotten better in its second season though.

Unless they also change the format with the new presenters, this looks like a big downgrade. I'll definitely give it a try though.

What, did they just pick random names out of the "guys who have nothing to do with cars" hat? :O_o: Shame, the last two season with Joey, Rory, and Monkey were actually really good IMO and they had a good chemistry. Also a shame to see Rory get demoted, that fella really grew on me and he would be a main presenter if it were up to me.

Agree with Andy here, McGuinness and Flintoff in particular are really top blokes, so this could well be a good thing for the show. Looking forward to seeing how it goes, as since post Clarkson era I've had no interest in it at all... well worth a stab to freshen things up.

Remember folks, Top Gear is an entertainment show featuring cars, not a car show.... it hasn't been a car show since the mid 1990's!
Is in german that funny word - jain - yes and no mean. Car show for sure. But.. Known trio which build this show estabilished some unsurpassed pattern. Not only for this guys or this from 25 and 26 season but for everybody in the world. If someone will make car show first watch all TG episodes from season 1 to...23 i think, than try doo hes job and at the end give to audience...mostly 10-20% of this standar which wanted to achieve. So...Maybe this new trio is good but simply...Not good enough to make TG as it was with C,M and H...

I think its silly that people are just writing it off, get over the fact clarkson and that lot have gone, if anything its good because we have 2 shows now and i think this one might be alright, be open minded going into this, personally i think the hosts are good too.

Initially saw the picture and thought huh ...Racedepartment posting something about boy bands ? :D lol

Could be good though ....Let's wait and see

Is in german that funny word - jain - yes and no mean. Car show for sure. But.. Known trio which build this show estabilished some unsurpassed pattern. Not only for this guys or this from 25 and 26 season but for everybody in the world. If someone will make car show first watch all TG episodes from season 1 to...23 i think, than try doo hes job and at the end give to audience...mostly 10-20% of this standar which wanted to achieve. So...Maybe this new trio is good but simply...Not good enough to make TG as it was with C,M and H...
How do you know? You haven't seen them yet.

How do you know? You haven't seen them yet.
Just because that what I write. I'm sure, because every other car show (TG too) try and is less a half good as was. That's why. Even poorest episode of TGT was better as last 2 seasons of TG. I don't expect it will be better as TGT is now. And as I write, before season 25 TG was a car show which was watchong by people all around the world, now...Mostly peple dont care about TG. Is for brits which means - boredom. And most important thing - hemistry. When Clarckson came to the garage and watch on guys, say "Hammond You idiot" it was fully natural...When the same thing try last trio it was only acting - rigid and artificial. You can try doo this what C,M and H doo, but You never be C,M or H...Thats why.

Just because that what I write. I'm sure, because every other car show (TG too) try and is less a half good as was. That's why. Even poorest episode of TGT was better as last 2 seasons of TG. I don't expect it will be better as TGT is now. And as I write, before season 25 TG was a car show which was watchong by people all around the world, now...Mostly peple dont care about TG. Is for brits which means - boredom. And most important thing - hemistry. When Clarckson came to the garage and watch on guys, say "Hammond You idiot" it was fully natural...When the same thing try last trio it was only acting - rigid and artificial. You can try doo this what C,M and H doo, but You never be C,M or H...Thats why.

But you haven't seen the new one yet so how do you know?

To those saying we can't know if it's good or bad yet because we haven't seen it... that's akin to saying we can't know if the next DC movie will be bad or not, but we know, we all know!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%