Resource icon

EA Sports WRC Make Your Own Liveries Tutorial 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I noticed that when loading the livery in Unreal Engine I lose quality.
Capture d'écran 2024-02-29 100114.png

By changing the compression setting on BC7 I get the original quality back but in game it affects the result (discolored livery).
Capture d'écran 2024-02-29 100133.png

Is there a special adjustment to make to maintain the original quality?or should we deal with this loss of quality? Thx

Last edited:
I noticed that when loading the livery in Unreal Engine I lose quality.
View attachment 734234

By changing the compression setting on BC7 I get the original quality back but in game it affects the result (discolored livery).
View attachment 734235

Is there a special adjustment to make to maintain the original quality?or should we deal with this loss of quality? Thx
I just use the default compression settings so I'm not sure. If you're getting colour problems try tweaking the specular map slightly and see if the problem persists

"Inside should be your texture files. They will be in .uasset and .uexp formats (potentially other formats such as .ubulk depending on what texture compression settings you have chosen)."
After converting the files, I noticed a fourth file: ".uptnl"
Capture d'écran 2024-03-05 122445.png

I think this file is giving me problems with the T_Body_S texture.
For now,I just modified the Puma livery of the game (Loubet).If I include this texture in the livery,my livery is matte without this shiny effect.
loubet.jpg

"Inside should be your texture files. They will be in .uasset and .uexp formats (potentially other formats such as .ubulk depending on what texture compression settings you have chosen)."
After converting the files, I noticed a fourth file: ".uptnl"
View attachment 735921
I think this file is giving me problems with the T_Body_S texture.
For now,I just modified the Puma livery of the game (Loubet).If I include this texture in the livery,my livery is matte without this shiny effect.
View attachment 735922
Try right-clicking on your textures in Unreal Editor, pressing "Edit" and then ticking the box marked "Never Stream" in the "Level Of Detail" section. This should leave you with just a .uasset and .uexp file for your textures

I have checked multiple times and my mod folder has the correct folder hierarchy but when I create the .pak file and put it into the files it doesn't show up in FModel, tried downloading a mod for another car and it loaded into FModel and ingame, trying to make a livery for the '08 Subaru.

I have checked multiple times and my mod folder has the correct folder hierarchy but when I create the .pak file and put it into the files it doesn't show up in FModel, tried downloading a mod for another car and it loaded into FModel and ingame, trying to make a livery for the '08 Subaru.
Fmodel can be a bit fiddly sometimes, try making a new folder on your desktop and place your pak file inside. Then set the folder as the directory you want Fmodel to use and it should then only have your pak file to load which should solve the problem

Fmodel can be a bit fiddly sometimes, try making a new folder on your desktop and place your pak file inside. Then set the folder as the directory you want Fmodel to use and it should then only have your pak file to load which should solve the problem
Still doesn't work, tried making a new pak file and it does not work either, follow the tutorial exactly so don't understand what the problem could be.

Still doesn't work, tried making a new pak file and it does not work either, follow the tutorial exactly so don't understand what the problem could be.
What's the name of the mod folder that you're trying to turn into a pak file? And have you double checked all of the names of the files and folders to make sure there's no spelling mistakes?

What's the name of the mod folder that you're trying to turn into a pak file? And have you double checked all of the names of the files and folders to make sure there's no spelling mistakes?
I changed the old folder to something more similar to the mod I downloaded, the name of the pak file is "Subaru_Impreza_WRC08_P.pak", also double checked the folders for spelling mistakes.

Concerning the specular map,do you know what color should we use for the carbon parts?

In the original game file(Ford Puma),carbon is in orange.
Capture d'écran 2024-03-08 085943.jpg

For the moment,I have matte or glossy black.No carbon effect.
Some modders may use the same colors as those in the game for this specular map.To have the same shiny effect on the bodywork,we must use a brighter red.
Capture d'écran 2024-03-08 090456.jpg

Concerning the specular map,do you know what color should we use for the carbon parts?

In the original game file(Ford Puma),carbon is in orange.
View attachment 736630

For the moment,I have matte or glossy black.No carbon effect.
Some modders may use the same colors as those in the game for this specular map.To have the same shiny effect on the bodywork,we must use a brighter red.
View attachment 736632
I don't actually know, I don't think I've had to do carbon parts before. I'd use the same colour that it uses as default and then if its not quite right, then start slightly altering the hue

Here they are, the glass and visor are not a priority and can wait if there is a problem with them.
Google Drive link
Ok I had no trouble with the pak file so the problem was either a format/spelling mistake in your folder or a problem with your settings in Unreal Editor. From what I saw of the livery you need to remove the black background from the Glass_S texture as the windows are currently not transparent, and you need to make a Visor_S texture.

Ok I had no trouble with the pak file so the problem was either a format/spelling mistake in your folder or a problem with your settings in Unreal Editor. From what I saw of the livery you need to remove the black background from the Glass_S texture as the windows are currently not transparent, and you need to make a Visor_S texture.

Thanks alot, im pretty sure it is a problem with Unreal Editor settings. Have no experience with it but will try something.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 34.2%