LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi

Tracks LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi Luccaring 1.0 - Legacy HD edition

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey guys..lots of time we no updates, sorry about that.
We are currently in "pause mode", waiting to see if the thing can be ported to ACC in the upcoming months. And not much progress has been done on the new layout (work work work).
Yet...I wish to share with you the following AI update made a few months ago by our fellow simracer Topuz: i intended to release it with a new major update, but that doesn't make much sense right now so i thought you could enjoy it already ;)
Let me know if AI races get any better with it ;)
http://http://directo.it/AC/luccaring_ai_update_by_topuz.zip
have you been following the recent "old" AC modding scene? People have been making full illumination settings for your track (and all others) to race in night settings - there is plenty of life left in AC, while ACC is fully encrypted for now and not in stable enough state that would prompt anyone to dig deeper, for many months to come.
And you'd probably reach many more racers if you keep to AC too.

have you been following the recent "old" AC modding scene? People have been making full illumination settings for your track (and all others) to race in night settings - there is plenty of life left in AC, while ACC is fully encrypted for now and not in stable enough state that would prompt anyone to dig deeper, for many months to come.
And you'd probably reach many more racers if you keep to AC too.
Agreed. AC has years of life left in it, is very mod-friendly and has a massive established user base.
ACC is an unknown quantity that is still early in development.

That's fantastic to hear. Luccaring is one of my favorite tracks.

I am the guy who made the tracklight config for Luccaring for the shaders patch. If you want to play around with it, extend it or even include it with your track, i'd be happy to donate my work to you guys, as you clearly have the more coherent vision for the track in your heads.

Here are a few screenshots of Luccaring with my tracklight config:

avQ4zEE.jpg

CZCHzKu.jpg

v9ciMLC.jpg

FuYMiZn.jpg

That's fantastic to hear. Luccaring is one of my favorite tracks.

I am the guy who made the tracklight config for Luccaring for the shaders patch. If you want to play around with it, extend it or even include it with your track, i'd be happy to donate my work to you guys, as you clearly have the more coherent vision for the track in your heads.

Here are a few screenshots of Luccaring with my tracklight config:

avQ4zEE.jpg

CZCHzKu.jpg

v9ciMLC.jpg

FuYMiZn.jpg
For some reason I never came across this. Incredible, this mod looks seriously fantastic :)
Going to test it tomorrow, and with your kind permission i’ll happily include it in the package (testing / publishing might take a few days more than i expected, as usual doing our best to not screw something while we fix something else).
Again, great contribution, really much much appreciated!

For some reason I never came across this. Incredible, this mod looks seriously fantastic :)
Going to test it tomorrow, and with your kind permission i’ll happily include it in the package (testing / publishing might take a few days more than i expected, as usual doing our best to not screw something while we fix something else).
Again, great contribution, really much much appreciated!

Awesome! If you need any help with installation, join us on the custom shaders discord: https://discord.gg/P7JTynN This is also where you can get the latest version which is pretty much recommended right now, as the last publicly released version is rather old. I'm @Kavoriken on the discord. If you need any help, ping or direct message me.

Also if you really want to go all out on this, there's a lot that could be done for the night look with rather simple model changes. Building windows for example could automatically be illuminated at night if they had a seperate mesh or were a seperate material. Also, if you disabled ksemissive on the street lanterns and instead let the tracklight config handle it, they could be turned off during daytime and only be on during night time.

Awesome! If you need any help with installation, join us on the custom shaders discord: https://discord.gg/P7JTynN This is also where you can get the latest version which is pretty much recommended right now, as the last publicly released version is rather old. I'm @Kavoriken on the discord. If you need any help, ping or direct message me.

Also if you really want to go all out on this, there's a lot that could be done for the night look with rather simple model changes. Building windows for example could automatically be illuminated at night if they had a seperate mesh or were a seperate material. Also, if you disabled ksemissive on the street lanterns and instead let the tracklight config handle it, they could be turned off during daytime and only be on during night time.
Thanks! We will definitely look into modifying meshes for the purpose (not for the next release of course), and have a deeper look at the system. Actually we just “branched” the track for a conversion to rF2 (will take a few months), and splitting meshes for night cycle was on the todo list...so this and a few more things are on our list now :)

The previous topuz ai file helps a lot, AI does a better job to avoid kerbs and being launched into walls.

If you ever release an update, mind taking a look at the starting lights? They light up very dimly in white.
Now that there's Sol and the impressive light config uploaded for this track, there's no need to have pit lamps and lamp posts showing bright white all the time. Thanks!

Last edited:
https://imgur.com/a/fmA6dUL
Hello, we had a race earlier and I came across this. It was on the exit of the first chicane IIRC. The car was "beached" basically and I couldn't move even though the tyres look like they're touching the ground. The sidewalk doesn't even look like it's touching the car, which is odd.

I downloaded the SD version from here, and really liking it, AI are still slightly retarded, hopping the kerbs etc. Is the project still alive and were the changes to the track indicated previously in this thread ever made? Ill donate to grab the HD version assuming it didn't just die a year ago? @irSindaco , and was an rf2 version ever released?

I agree that the AI could be better, but since we have used the track a lot in real races, I have never been bothered enough to make new AI line and limits, but I might take a look at it eventually. I can recommend the HD pack, it looks really nice. If you use google maps and go to street level, you can recognize every building, statue, tree, signs, gas stations. Everything is in the track! Last I heard they were working on an update. Would be nice to hear about the progress.

Hi,
First of all sorry for this extremely late reply. Currently that can be done via the config with something like:
Code:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = pitbox-lights, lampioneType?-Q?_SUB3, lampioneType1-Q4_SUB1, lampioneType1-Q1_SUB1, lampioneType2-Q1_SUB1, lampione-ball-Q1.001_SUB0, lampioneType1-Q2_SUB1, lampioneType2-Q3_SUB1, lampioneType1-Q3_SUB1, lampioneType2-Q4_SUB1
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH
KEY_... = ksEmissive
VALUE_... = 12, 25, 50
OFF_VALUE_... = 0
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = lights off during day
I haven't gone through that list of meshes in much detail to simplify it, as it was only a test (I don't use this tweak personally), but it shouldn't need many corrections. Just beware that lampioneType3-Q4_SUB1 can't be included in the wildcards. Also, if the original emissive values vary for other than 12, 25, 50 on some of the listed objects, another adjustment should be added.

The problem with this approach is that lamps miss a proper texture/material, so they won't really look nice as plain gray. It's something that ideally should be sorted on an eventual update by the author to look good, instead of just removing the emissive when they are off.

Something that was bugging me were starting lights not working with seemingly everything set up to do so. It looks like the lights objects's materials are pointing to wrong texture, but are properly mapped. So starting lights can be enabled via config too:
Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = AC_SEMAPHORE_RED_?, AC_SEMAPHORE_GREEN
RESOURCE_0=txDiffuse
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_0=assets-vari.dds
Screenshot_austin_mini_cooper_s_appk_luccaring_17-5-120-14-4-40.jpgScreenshot_austin_mini_cooper_s_appk_luccaring_17-5-120-14-4-44.jpg
I guess it's something else to be definitely solved on an update too :) Hopefully @irSindaco will see this.
Cheers

PS: AppK Minis, GTAs, and 718RSs brought me back to this track :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play