AC Lotus 98T @ Monza - Sat 26th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm SO in for this. Good race to learn using the H Shifter for the first time :D

By the way, now I know why I couldn't keep the damn thing on the road. I put turbo on 100% and never thought of changing it back. :p Lesson learnt.

The downshifts are especially brutal. I can almost feel my back breaking.

Can I just double check that we driving the modern version of Monza? Not the old-school one?

I don't get how you guys are setting such fast times. I'm like 10 seconds off the pace.

I want to race! Dewald told me about it. He usually laps me at least once, unless I crash into him.

I have only done one race in AC, since buying it on the Steam sale. I hope to get a spot, if I don't have to make way for the Premium Master Race ;-)

I want to race! Dewald told me about it. He usually laps me at least once, unless I crash into him.

I have only done one race in AC, since buying it on the Steam sale. I hope to get a spot, if I don't have to make way for the Premium Master Race ;-)

You will need to apply to become a Licensed member first Rudolph ;)

I'm SO in for this. Good race to learn using the H Shifter for the first time :D

By the way, now I know why I couldn't keep the damn thing on the road. I put turbo on 100% and never thought of changing it back. :p Lesson learnt.

The downshifts are especially brutal. I can almost feel my back breaking.
good too see you here dewald , i think the way kunos has designed this game if the car is designed to be used by the h shifter you have an advantage , could be totally wrong though, and wow this field is getting huge

Wow! Great to see so many signing up :)

@Rudolph Maré
You'll need to apply for a license to race with us. Don't worry it's easy and free :).
Just follow the link that @Lee Williamson has posted and you'll be on your way (thanks Lee!)
Please be advised, it can take up to 3 days for your license application to be processed, simply because we have A LOT of licenses to go through.

-----------------------------------------------
On another note,

Since there is going to be a considerably large field tomorrow night, can I please ask you all to be EXTRA cautious into Turn 1.
As you should all already know, this car can be a serious handful, and you cannot win the race at Turn 1, but you sure can lose it there. And seeing as though Monza has such a tight first chicane, this is doubly so.

Thanks everyone, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night :)
(... And tonight's Cobra event at Silverstone Int. should be damn good too! Plenty of spaces left ;))

+1 on the turn 1 caution. Also what's a good boost for race distance, does 70% last 25 laps? Car really needs an engine temp guage so you can see when you're getting too hot.

+1 on the turn 1 caution. Also what's a good boost for race distance, does 70% last 25 laps? Car really needs an engine temp guage so you can see when you're getting too hot.
70% should be okay, but may be a bit risky towards the end of the race, because I'm not entirely sure if it'll do 25 laps.
60% will do it easily.

Just make sure you've got the engine limiter turned down to like 96% or 95%. This helps save your engine massively!

I must say, the difference in time when actually practising in race conditions is extreme around Monza with these cars.

My best hotlap (so optimum track, quali tyres, 10L of fuel, 100% boost, no engine limitation, no damage and a setup to go with it) is a 1:28.9. This amount of power kills the engine just before Ascari on an outlap with damage on. :p

By comparison, I can barely scrape into the 1:37's while practising in race conditions (green track, medium tyres, a liberal 100L of fuel, 60% boost, 96% engine limit, damage on and a vastly different setup to above).

9 seconds difference. I guess being over 30 kph slower in a straight line at the top of 6th gear might be an explanation to some of that haha. Still though, it's like driving two vastly different cars. It's quite the challenge to master both the qualifying-spec 98T and the race-spec 98T, and considering the amount of time I've driven the car this week, it's been one I've enjoyed. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back