AC Lotus 98T @ Monza - Sat 26th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
i dont understand chris i ran about 8 laps in a row and all was good , are we running damage on
Of course we're running damage on. Where's the skill in it being turned off? Make sure you have fuel usage and tyre wear turned on as well.
The 98T can only run like a maximum of 2 laps in real life with 100% boost before the engine gives up.
If you run at 50-70% with the engine limiter set to around 96, then you won't blow your engine at all.

engine damage off please
Nope. Sorry mate.

i always have tyres and fuel turned on ,i always thought damages were off
No damage has always been on.
At the moment it only effects engines, and not bodywork or anything like that.

I don't understand, the real life counterpart of the 98T cannot run at 100% boost (5.5 bar) for very long, so why should we be able to? It takes a lot of the realism, and strategy out of it if we allow damage to be turned off in this case.

Same here. Because I just select the pro option and dont fiddle with all the options :/ but ill run what others are running to make it fair for the race.
Well, typically damage being turned off makes no difference because with most cars, it's very difficult to damage your engine (I.e. Formula Abarth and GT cars). So if you have damage turned off for those events, it makes no difference, as you're not gaining any competitive advantage.

For the 98T however, it's quite easy to damage it, so we trust that you'll turn damage on so that it's:
A) More realistic,
B) Fairer for those that have it already turned on,
C) More strategic in saving your engine, and thus making you a more skilled driver.

As I said earlier, as long as you don't run 80% or higher for too long, and you have the engine limiter to 96 or less, you won't damage your engine very easily, let alone blow it.

The only way you'll blow it is if you miss-shift.
:)

I think the issue with the 98T with engine damage on is that it is difficult to limit damage unless you're using a clutch. The car doesn't play well with paddle shifting at all as you'd expect. For those of us that don't use a clutch anything higher than 60% is not going to allow the engine to last a full race, and even 60% pushes it. There's a way around it (lift to 0% throttle to simulate a clutch then upshift), but it's sort of unnatural and slow. :) That being said, I'll still race even if I'm going to run at low turbo to survive. It could be one of those races where half the field DNF due to blown turbos. :p

Sign me up please Chris.
This forum has been very interesting. I am blowing up all the time, even at 80%. I think Justin is right about the paddles. Every gear change just sounds like it would be hurting the engine, particularly downshifts. Chris,where do you adjust the limiter???

Chris,where do you adjust the limiter???

In the car setup screen.
2014-07-21_00001.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%