AC Lotus 98T @ Monza - Sat 26th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Honestly, I don't think I understand the car enough to be as competitive as the other events. Out of all the cars we've raced this is the worst car for me at the moment haha, This event is going to be an interesting one!

and of all the events we've done I considered it to be just for fun, no matter what position your in but just enjoying the race & battles, but this one seems to be serious ahaha,

this is going to be good! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've just managed to set a 1:31.6 while hotlapping with engine damage off, and I honestly think that that is just about how far I can push the car with 100% turbo, no engine limiting and qualifying tyres on a setup that is basically like default apart from slight gear changes and a tweak to aero. Maybe half a second max.

So yeah, your PB lap is definitely a good one Jack. :)

There is no way in god's name 31's can be done consistently though, that's for sure. The amount of torque in the lower gears once the turbo really kicks in means any low traction slow corner is a pain in these things, and funnily enough Monza just so happens to have two chicanes just like that along with the always difficult Ascari. :p

The winner here is likely going to be the guy who is the most consistent and finds the best balance between setup, speed, driveability and engine damage in the race. That's what I'll be focusing my practice on for the rest of the week anyway. :)

You really do feel all of the horsepower throwing this car around Monza though. Excellent combination!

And don't worry Tony, I managed to destroy 7 engines across quali and the race in the US server event at Vallelunga earlier today. I don't think that record will be beaten any time soon. :p

All the events we've done I considered it to be just for fun, no matter what position your in but just enjoying the race & battles, but this one seems to be serious ahaha,
this is going to be good! :thumbsup:

Just hit the nail on the head Sun I do this Just for fun. I don't care a toss where i finish as long as i have FUN. In all the races that i have run it's Fun that has won.

There is no way in god's name 31's can be done consistently though, that's for sure.

The winner here is likely going to be the guy who is the most consistent and finds the best balance between setup, speed, driveability and engine damage in the race.

Agree 100% with you there but is sure does feel real good to hit 1:31 Thou.
:thumbsup:

The only thing I'm worried about for this event is turn 1 of the first lap.
Cold tyres + too much power + very tight chicane = potential disaster.

We're going to have to be very generous in giving each other space if we want to get through the first chicane cleanly.

ok guys found a program i have had on my pc for ages and had forgotten about it , you can map buttons on your wheel to your key board , so you can change boost as you go a long conveniently, its called xpadder

100% barely controllable....?what? 100% its the only way to drive lotus 98t. dont understand.kunos released this awesome car with huge hp and you guys want drive like sunday driver..why dont stick whit lower hp cars then?

100% barely controllable....?what? 100% its the only way to drive lotus 98t. dont understand.kunos released this awesome car with huge hp and you guys want drive like sunday driver..why dont stick whit lower hp cars then?

If you're driving with tyre and fuel simulation off, and with mechanical damage turned off, then of course it'll be easier.
With everything on, 100% is not easy to drive.

This is a racing simulator, and with that, we try to replicate realism, and in reality the Lotus 98T was not able to run more than 2 laps at 100% boost (5.5 Bar), before the engine starts to hurt. That's just a fact, look it up.

At 60% boost, it can still do 300kp/h.
I'd hardly call that "Sunday Driver".

And, now that server controls will be coming in soon, we will enforce that mechanical damage be turned on.

Last edited:
If you're driving with tyre and fuel simulation off, and with mechanical damage turned off, then of course it'll be easier.
With everything on, 100% is not easy to drive.

This is a racing simulator, and with that, we try to replicate realism, and in reality the Lotus 98T was not able to run more than 2 laps at 100% boost (5.5 Bar), before the engine starts to hurt. That's just a fact, look it up.

At 60% boost, it can still do 300kp/h.
I'd hardly call that "Sunday Driver".

And, now that server controls will be coming in soon, we will enforce that mechanical damage be turned on.
ok

I might bring tea and biscuits maybe a few sandwiches if its a Sunday drive, I raced at Mugello last Sunday with the same setting 100% damage and so on, from what I gathered everyone enjoyed it

Should be ok at 10% boost but anything over then goggles are advised
clear.png

With a bit more practice I've been able to achieve 1.37's on an optimum track, med tires with damage on (60%boost). I'm really enjoying this car just need to nail those kerb runs that give you so much time :p

Oh yah, sigh me up please.

Last edited:
With a bit more practice I've been able to achieve 1.37's on an optimum track, med tires with damage on (60%boost). I'm really enjoying this car just need to nail those kerb runs that give you so much time :p

Oh yah, sigh me up please.

You may want to try practicing on a "Green" track, because those are the track conditions we'll be using :)

When the track is green, it's actually not too shabby, there's still decent grip.
Dusty tracks however, they're a totally different kettle of fish :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years