AC Lotus 98T @ Monza - Sat 26th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Chris

Premium
019.jpg

Saturday Night is open-wheeler night!

"Back to a time where man was forced to wrestle machines that had 1200 brake horse power, and yet weighed only 540 kilos. You best pack some spare underwear for this one."

Special Notes:
  • Book your slots in time from 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT) onwards which leaves you with a 60 minute time frame to complete your booking on the server. If you can't book in time make sure to sign out before 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT) so your spot can go to somebody else.
  • Passwords are sent via private message on the forums before the booking starts
  • Minimum number of sign ups for event to go ahead: 4
Cars: Lotus 98T
Track: Monza

Booking: 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT)
Practice: 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT)
Qualifying: 20:30 AEST (10:30 GMT)
Race: 20:45 AEST (10:45 GMT) 25 laps

Racing Club Rules: click here
Teamspeak Password:
click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Our racing clubs are first and foremost meant for gaining online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's not about who wins, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit! The more fun we make it, the more inclined people will be to join in and make the grids bigger.

Priority access
In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event.

Entry List
  1. Chris Stacey
  2. Sun Levi
  3. Jack Trooper
  4. Tony Binelli
  5. David Armstrong
  6. Noel Spence
  7. Jamie Pyatt
  8. Michael Young
  9. Dewald Nel
  10. Ashley Cowan
  11. Justin Talent
  12. James Scanlan
  13. Aki Korhonen
  14. Lee Williamson
  15. Paul Luck
  16. Michael Stead
  17. Jan Salat
  18. Available
  19. Available
  20. Available
  21. Available
  22. Available
  23. Available
  24. Available
  25. Available

Last edited:
Ok, I'll sign up.
But I just want ever one to be aware of the **** Your Pants Feature.

I was cruising around nicely in this thing on default settings, really enjoying it. Getting confident under braking and 1.5 seconds a lap faster then just becoming consistent. I then notice the 60% on the dash for the turbo boost. Somehow I discover Ctrl+3 makes it 30%, Ctrl+4 makes it 40%.
Well Ctrl+0 makes the boost 100% and you basically **** your pants.

Just read the boost is changed by just using the numbers. No need for the "Control Key" and the number. Also apparently it destroys the engine after more than a lap.
I assume most of us run with damage off which may present a problem as 100% is worth as much as 4 seconds a lap at Monza.

Put your thinking cap on @Chris Stacey.

And Jack - The acceleration of this thing in 2nd and 3rd. I have never seen anything like it!

Just read the boost is changed by just using the numbers. No need for the "Control Key" and the number. Also apparently it destroys the engine after more than a lap.
I assume most of us run with damage off which may present a problem as 100% is worth as much as 4 seconds a lap at Monza.

Put your thinking cap on @Chris Stacey.

And Jack - The acceleration of this thing in 2nd and 3rd. I have never seen anything like it!

Until Kunos model the engine damage sufficiently, it's probably wise to stay away from 100% boost. Haha

But, it makes it more strategic.
I just wish we could assign the boost +/- to something on the wheel, or shifter rather than having to reach for numbers on the keyboard

This thing is killer the gear change from 2nd to 3rd gets me all side ways.
I'm pushing as hard as i can i just got 1:32:2xx with 80% Boost if i go to 100 % boost i just keep sliding and wasting my tyres. So keep practicing I Suppose.:rolleyes::geek:

I'm pushing as hard as i can i just got 1:32:2xx with 80% Boost if i go to 100 % boost i just keep sliding and wasting my tyres. So keep practicing I Suppose.:rolleyes::geek:
This thing is beyond crazy.
The torque when the turbo kicks in is just plain scary haha

I think I'm actually in love with it lol

In for this already. This car is all sorts of awesome. The rush of acceleration when you push the turbo to 100% is ridiculous! :D

1:32?! I'm pushing my ass off with 80% and my best atm is only 1:34.142! And I can't see where I can gain any more time

1:32?! I'm pushing my ass off with 80% and my best atm is only 1:34.142! And I can't see where I can gain any more time
WOW Every dog has there day !!!! haven"t reproduce that 1:32 but hitting
1:33:3xx consistently. I just blown away at how deep you can go under brakes and how early you can hit full throttle,(Except that first Chicane) I'm still losing time through Ascari I think that's what its call the left and right hander before the back straight . I just had a run on Qualify tyres and got a 1:31:225 with 100% Boost :).

Sun Known you and the others you will nail it I'm sure of that.:thumbsup:

Damn man, I was running on quali tyres and low fuel when I got the 1:34! :unsure:I was running default setup with tweaked gear ratio, Gonna need more practise before this race for sure hahaha

Practice is for sure the word of the day for this one haha.

I did a 1:39.9 with 60% boost, medium tyres on a green track.
I then tried to go up to 80% just to see what kind of time I could get... In the wall. lol

WOW Every dog has there day !!!! haven"t reproduce that 1:32 but hitting
1:33:3xx consistently. I just blown away at how deep you can go under brakes and how early you can hit full throttle,(Except that first Chicane) I'm still losing time through Ascari I think that's what its call the left and right hander before the back straight . I just had a run on Qualify tyres and got a 1:31:225 with 100% Boost :).

Sun Known you and the others you will nail it I'm sure of that.:thumbsup:

I have worked for hours to try and get within 2 seconds of you @ 80%. Studied ever word of your post to find the answer and the word "consistently" is p*ing me off.

The only thing consistent about this week will be the phone call my work gets everyday at 8am "Oh sorry can't shake this cold, better stay away".

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.4%