Tracks Looking for help to build a new FIA racetrack.

Hello!

I am looking for help on building a track that is about to be built in the real world in my home town. This will be an official FIA grade b circuit in western Canada called "Rocky Mountain Motorsports Park" I have a map of the track plans courtesy of the tracks home page. This is more of a mod request for experienced track builders because my knowledge on such matters is very limited but I have experience with gimp and few other software and am wiling to put effort towards this, so I believe I could be of help to anybody interested.

have a look: http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/pdf/RM-Track-Map.pdf

and here is the website for more info: http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/
Please let me know if you are available to work with me on this project.

Thanks! :)

That layout looks pretty good ! Especially the extended track. Is there any data for elevations of that area ?

I wonder if it wouldn't have licensing issues, as it is new trend - to close mods because licensing.

That layout looks pretty good ! Especially the extended track. Is there any data for elevations of that area ?

I wonder if it wouldn't have licensing issues, as it is new trend - to close mods because licensing.

Yea I thought so too, very exciting. The area in which it is build is relatively flat, out in the prairies, with a view of the distant mountains. I know from living here and seeing the location where it will eventually be built.
oh yea this is something I have not considered.. Well ill I could get in touch with the company and ask for permission (if you would advise this) or just do this unofficially.. though I'm not sure if that will get me trouble..

thanks for reply.

Not sure what you are offering here, are you involved with the track officially and can get CAD/lidar info from the circuit?

no, I am not involved with the track. I just want to do this outta love for the sport and perhaps as mentioned in the above reply, I could get into contact with these people and who knows they may want to help us modders and sim racers out a bit. Thanks for the reply.

no, I am not involved with the track. I just want to do this outta love for the sport and perhaps as mentioned in the above reply, I could get into contact with these people and who knows they may want to help us modders and sim racers out a bit. Thanks for the reply.
maybe worth a try to get involved and offer "free advertising" in the form of a mod, thus clearing out any potential licensing issues (see @Mitja Bonca 's Okayama thread for how it can turn out :(). Maybe you're lucky and the guys even give you something like the aforementioned height map.

The Circuit looks pretty nice, but the area they're planning it isn't the greatest...source, I lived in Calgary for years. If they'd have gone south of the city like where my fictional Upper Bob Creek track is built, they'd have much nicer scenery and some elevation changes, but maybe other issues that might not allow it to happen there...?

I'd help out with your track endeavor, but I don't model, so I can't be much help. I could layout the track and give something to drive on as I've got enough experience making basic stuff with RTB. If you're curious about my (in)ability, you can search for the above track name on reddit as it's only available there.

Otherwise, good luck with the project.

maybe worth a try to get involved and offer "free advertising" in the form of a mod, thus clearing out any potential licensing issues (see @Mitja Bonca 's Okayama thread for how it can turn out :(). Maybe you're lucky and the guys even give you something like the aforementioned height map.
Yea exactly and now that sim racing has become more popular and is used in the official training of some of the worlds best racing drivers id really hope that they would see this as an opportunity and not shoot it down like poor Okayama (that's really to bad man, looks like buddy was doing a really great job on it too!). ah that would great if they would even go as far as assisting in the efforts! we will have to see and thanks for reply.

The Circuit looks pretty nice, but the area they're planning it isn't the greatest...source, I lived in Calgary for years. If they'd have gone south of the city like where my fictional Upper Bob Creek track is built, they'd have much nicer scenery and some elevation changes, but maybe other issues that might not allow it to happen there...?

I'd help out with your track endeavor, but I don't model, so I can't be much help. I could layout the track and give something to drive on as I've got enough experience making basic stuff with RTB. If you're curious about my (in)ability, you can search for the above track name on reddit as it's only available there.

Otherwise, good luck with the project.

Yes I agree with you not the best location but I'm really happy they are making some kind of effort bringing more big time motorsport to western Canada even with the FIA's approval! :)

I believe this track is in the south, no?? southeast perhaps? I know that its starts to get hilly once you head west for a bit out to the foothills, hmm maybe I'm mistaken.. Really great work on your track "Upper Bob Creek" btw man, that's really impressive stuff and I like your attention to the details and the background stuff like the trees and hills.

Sure if you are really interested in helping me out, any help will do! looks like you've already had experience with this sort of things! and a pleasure to meet a fellow calgarian with interests in motorsport and sim racing. thnx for the reply.

Yes I agree with you not the best location but I'm really happy they are making some kind of effort bringing more big time motorsport to western Canada even with the FIA's approval! :)

I believe this track is in the south, no?? southeast perhaps? I know that its starts to get hilly once you head west for a bit out to the foothills, hmm maybe I'm mistaken.. Really great work on your track "Upper Bob Creek" btw man, that's really impressive stuff and I like your attention to the details and the background stuff like the trees and hills.

Sure if you are really interested in helping me out, any help will do! looks like you've already had experience with this sort of things! and a pleasure to meet a fellow calgarian with interests in motorsport and sim racing. thnx for the reply.

This is about where the track would be:
Google Maps link

Shoot me a PM and we can chat about your plans for this track. Glad you like Mont-Tremblant too...it actually turned out okay. I've fixed some of the issues in the build that's here on RD, but haven't uploaded since they aren't too noticeable/worthy.

Damnit, why call it Rocky Mountain Motorsports Park if it's on the flatlands? That's a bummer.

Still, nice to see a new track being built in Canada. I'm still hoping I wake up one morning and time has reversed to the 60s and I can go to Westwood.

Good luck finding some help with this one! :)

Damnit, why call it Rocky Mountain Motorsports Park if it's on the flatlands? That's a bummer.

Still, nice to see a new track being built in Canada. I'm still hoping I wake up one morning and time has reversed to the 60s and I can go to Westwood.

Good luck finding some help with this one! :)

haha yea exactly, my guess Is because the view of the Rockies of in the distance but would of been way nicer if they built it in and around the Rockies with a better view. see Westwood is a track ive never heard of, which is sad since I consider myself a racing junkie. yes very nice to see this new track indeed :)

Yea thanks a lot man, appreciate it and thanks for the reply!

Probably too much of the Rockies near calgary is national park or native land, have to make do with the fictional Lake Louise map.

haha yea exactly, my guess Is because the view of the Rockies of in the distance but would of been way nicer if they built it in and around the Rockies with a better view. see Westwood is a track ive never heard of, which is sad since I consider myself a racing junkie. yes very nice to see this new track indeed :)

Yea thanks a lot man, appreciate it and thanks for the reply!

Westwood was a great circuit in BC. Opened in '59 and was torn up in the 90s to make way for a residential development and a golf course. :mad:

It was a proper old school circuit. Some decent elevation changes and a few tricky corners.

Probably too much of the Rockies near calgary is national park or native land, have to make do with the fictional Lake Louise map.

There's got to be somewhere they could tuck in a circuit. IIRC Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is in a provincial park. Even if they had built it at the foot of the mountains it would at least have some elevation change to it...

Westwood was a great circuit in BC. Opened in '59 and was torn up in the 90s to make way for a residential development and a golf course. :mad:

It was a proper old school circuit. Some decent elevation changes and a few tricky corners.

There's got to be somewhere they could tuck in a circuit. IIRC Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is in a provincial park. Even if they had built it at the foot of the mountains it would at least have some elevation change to it...

I see, that's really too bad! :thumbsdown: Ill have to look it up and see for myself, anywhere in BC is a good place to have a track I say, such a nice place.

Yea Stereo lots of reserved land around there and parks, as far as I've heard they are set on the location just outside of carstairs I even believe all the bylaws have passed, but its been pretty quiet since.:sleep:

Hello!

I am looking for help on building a track that is about to be built in the real world in my home town. This will be an official FIA grade b circuit in western Canada called "Rocky Mountain Motorsports Park" I have a map of the track plans courtesy of the tracks home page. This is more of a mod request for experienced track builders because my knowledge on such matters is very limited but I have experience with gimp and few other software and am wiling to put effort towards this, so I believe I could be of help to anybody interested.

have a look: http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/pdf/RM-Track-Map.pdf

and here is the website for more info: http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/
Please let me know if you are available to work with me on this project.

Thanks! :)
Hi there, did you ever get anything built for this track?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back