Released Longford 1967

Hi everyone,
here are some fresh pre v0.99 wip videos with Strava's Vintage Formula Vee mod.
resolution right up to 1080 - captured with fraps

lots of stuff has been updated since v0.9 and i hope to have a v0.99 available soon, and later this year an actual version 1.0, after updating more stuff

Fantastic news. I love this track. I can't imagine how you have improved it.

Looking forward to the updated version.

a few things already done:
new road, gravel, grass textures (including bump, specular, add - will do new multi as well)
3D fences - 3D posts, droppers, star pickets with 2d wire texture (no longer a 2D wire+post texture)
race/spectator cars
higher poly models (including pits and control tower)
more effort into shading the models with textures (generally not true baking, but better than nothing)
tannery and newry corners smoothed
terrain has been improved
larger hump on union street (just before the pub)
lots of new, better textures, made by me (plans to replace all third party textures)
i assume there has been other work as well
before 0.99 is ready though i'll have to redo the AIW (<flat affect> yay... </flat affect>)
but generally i'm quite excited by this update!

yeah, it's moving along little by little. last night i laid down a sobject of timber post & rail fence to replace the 2d texture/wall solution used initially

Very nice, league that im at are looking into running this track with the Bathurst Legend cars. So how long till its finished? 5days, 2weeks, 2months? Sorry to be a pain. lol

So how long till its finished? 5days, 2weeks, 2months? Sorry to be a pain. lol
for v0.99, a small chance of 5 days, probably two weeks, should be out in less than two months. again, this will only be 0.99. The main thing is redoing the AIW, which will require me to be in the right mood to do that :rolleyes: i think i know how to sort the issues with the 0.9 aiw

v1.0 might be later this year

Looks stunning woochoo! i cant stop being amazed by this track, it has whats missing from every rfactor track ive driven so far: the feeling of just driving super fast through the country side fearing for your life which was a feeling i could only get back in gpl!

As soon as this 0.99 is released im shutting down iracing and coming back to rfactor and enjoy it all over again :)

keep up the good work!

Thanks guys,
I've decided today is the day for the AIW. The first two hours have been spent remembering the things i have to do for AIWs, like deleting the terrain under the bridges, adding pit and paddock walls, changing certain materials to non-drivable, deleting certain objects. well, it's not that much work, but i haven't even started the actual driving and position setting part! :rolleyes: If only BTB could do pit extension paths...

Sorry, Im a bit dim when it comes to things like this & Im just a little curious....
I thought you'd be able to use the rF tool to add them after doing the BTB AIW?
What about lifting & renaming the file from your last release or has the track changed that much?
Looking forward to your next installment of this classic track woochoo.

G'day Lee,
As far as i know (which might not be far enough) the aiw tool wont make a viable save if the only thing you do is add a pit extension path to a btb aiw file. i did try it quite a while ago and it didn't work. i've also tried, long ago, copy/pasting pits, garages, grid from a btb file to an aiw tool file, but i don't think that worked for me either.

Rather than re-do the whole thing, i'm now trying to just update the old 0.9 aiw with the aiw tool, and so far it's still working. yeah, so far... i'm still working on it 8 hours later...

yep, a few days ago i realised the Flying Mile could be better than it is, but redoing it and the AIW wasn't compatible with my uni schedule for the next couple of months. So I thought it better to give this out now, rather than think about it or work on it while i should be doing uni stuff.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back