Released Longford 1967

Well, it took a few months to get organised for v0.99 for rF1.
It will be available quite soon (and this time you know I mean it, because this time I've got SCREENS & VIDS!)

Sunshine

Overcast

Rain

And the videos, featuring the '67 Dan Gurney Eagle (which was never anywhere near Longford, but it's probably the most similar drive to a Tasman car available in rFactor)

One lap, Gurney Eagle, sunny

One lap, Gurney Eagle, cloudy

One lap, Gurney Eagle, rainy

Hope you like it :)

Thanks guys :)

A rough list of what has changed, what is new, etc:

- New building models: Pub, Tannery, Barn on Tannery Straight, Pit Straight Foot Bridge, food stall and toilets.
- New object models: starter's drum, start finish signs, small camera/spectator towers, culverts/drains, wire fence panels and gates, fuel/oil drums/barrels, aluminium/timber sponsor boards, small toolboxes, oil cans.
- Many more polygons in road (~rF2 specification @ ~1.5m squares = 6 panels wide X ~1.5m long). Bumps are geometry, no TDF bumps.
- Many more polygons in road-side terrain.
- Animated flags and bunting.
- New grass clump textures. More grass clumps.
- New and more car models (spectators, race entrants waiting in paddock, ambulance).
- Higher-res bush textures (most of them).
- New gravel textures.
- New water texture (thanks cgtextures.com :) )
- Added/redone spec and/or normal mapping on a few things.
- Less 2D 'bush walls', more 3D/X-plane bushes.

probably other things too... such as:
- Return of the rainy and overcast versions.
- Flying Mile has been realigned and is more accurate than ever.
- Kink near the end of Tannery Straight now has a more accurate elevation profile.
- King's Bridge now has more even arch/hump.
- My first ever sky textures (dawn, day (lightly cloudy & overcast), sunset, night (blank) :D
- New photo horizon.
- Scratch-made wet road textures, inc. my first ever cube map :D
- 'Helicopter' camera set (Group 4).
- New white painted fences (start area, viaduct, bridges etc).
- Fewer shadows here and there, should improve performance a little.
- More detail on external road (opposite the pub).
- New tram model in the paddock (Used as race control in the '50s & subsequently as the police headquarters during race weekends - Originally Launceston's Tram #4)

Ive run out of superlatives without encroaching on using expletives to describe just how damn good this track is!
CAN it get any better for rF1?
Only by having fresh beer come out of my PC when I pull in at the pub I'd think!
Well done woochoo, it's a mighty fine work of art you've created & shared there.:thumbsup:

Hi Kennett,
No conversions are planned by myself (except I will be updating it for rFactor2). I'm not against someone converting it (not for rF2), with permission, but I'd much prefer they convert for GTL/GTR2/Race at the same time. Would your group be willing to do all three?

Great to see people sharing work, great proyect, great attitude.

I'm tired of seeing people posting project, with very little work and many foreign objects and textures that prohibit making changes to its routes.

As if they feared that the glory is the other person take .... in this world of mods, not much glory to say, no fame or glory, but I have seen some superlative work, better finished the work of major gaming companies, because some have passion for what they do and invest long time to work.

It is very rewarding to see people with talent and good attitude, thank you for this lesson in good manners to moders

Congratulations woochoo, you truly have a passion/skill & knowledge for track making. One would have thought that your v0.97 was well past a finished project but you seem to keep pushing the boundaries for rF1 track making. Kudos to you for your patience and effort a magnificent job....would have to be the highest quality rF1 track going around.

I am near the end process of my own Aussie track, thinking it looks fairly good but after seeing this it makes my think I have a long way to go. I would love to be able to chat with you about how you have gone about things.

anyway keep up the great work as I see it's still v0.99 so you must have a few more things up your sleeve before you call it finished.

Thanks for the post Luquido. It's an interesting topic.
At the end of it all I've put in a lot of time and effort, and having as many people enjoy it as possible is about as good a reward as a modder can reasonably expect. I don't necessary want people to change Longford, particularly before I'm finished, and particularly without asking, but straight conversions (with permission) help other people enjoy it too, so thanks Kennett :)

Thanks Shawdad and Nibiru.
As for things up my sleeves, I'll have to do the work before I can stick it up my sleeves :p After that though... :D

woochoo I was just about to download this (I can't believe I only just remembered to come and download the updated version :confused:) but Gamefront is giving me a 'file not found' error... any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: I did just find there is a link on the rFC page to an upload at uploaded.net, so here is the link for anyone else interested, but unfortunately the download is very slow for guests D:

http://uploaded.net/file/anh0defe

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back