rF2 Lola T70 Spyder @ Osterreichring '86 - Thu 12 Jan 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks Yves.
I'm gonna jump on and give this a go now. :thumbsup:
I ran a small front wing and large rear wing in the upgrades menu. Not sure if these settings changed when I loaded Yves setup, but it seems quick and stable to me. Makes the car a rea joy to drive around here. Only change I made is 4th gear 1 click longer. Beat my PB by 1.5s. :)

Last edited:
What is the consensus on the car config?
Saw that there is quite the powerful engine option and also the whole wing thing.

I totally forgot that we are not using MK3/MK3B - but I'll let everything stand anyway! There's MK1, MK2 stuff here.

Oki, so. Here is the base cars - no upgrades.
MK1 - MK2
MK3 - MK3B
1673526822826.png

Here is the cars with the "correct upgrade", so MK1 have MK1 upgrade, MK2 have MK2 etc.
1673526994326.png

Here is the engines:
65 engine in MK1 - 66 Engine in MK2
67 engine in MK3 - 69 Engine in MK3b
1673527120896.png

Wing settings (Very inaccurate but gives an impression):
NONE - SMALL
LARGE - MAX/Penske
1673527340758.png

Worth noting that the larger the wing, the more weight you get. Penske rear wing gives more rear downforce than factory wing, and weighs 1kg more.

Mirrors, Nose and tyre-upgrades have no effect on the performance of the car.

So, from what I can see. Large/Max wings. MK3 or MK3B with the biggest engine is the way to go.
If you want large/Factory/Penske rear wing, is down to driving style I think.
I haven't tested it at all, but lower wings does give less drag, but also less grip.
Worth noting that the Factory and Penske rear wing on MK3/MK3B can be adjusted one click down from the screenshots above, which gives less df and less drag, but still more df than the large rear wing.

@Denis Betty @SimApprentice21 @Jim Carvalho @Redvaliant @vbomfim @Daniel R. @Paul_V @max1966i @Jack Smith

What is the consensus on the car config?
Saw that there is quite the powerful engine option and also the whole wing thing.
@Bumble recommended small front wing and large rear wing to me, so that is what I went with.

You being you - and assuming you'd like to actually race somebody - I reckon you should choose the less powerful engine option..... but only if you want to. :roflmao:

After recieving an unexpected early day off, I'm in. But I do need to figure out all the various car, engine, wing options available first, judging from this thread :)

Last edited:
After recieving an unexpected early day off, I'm in. But I do need to figure out all the various car, engine, wing options available first, judging from this thread :)
Awesome, adding you now.

No biggie as far as I'm concerned - choose the most powerful engine and work out your aero balance by trying a few different wings. I've seen you set a car up and destroy the field in 20 - 30 minutes.

@Lennart Groessl you will now have a worthy opponent with the 480hp engine option.

Have fun guys, see you after the race. :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back