rF2 Lola T70 Spyder @ Osterreichring '86 - Thu 12 Jan 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for letting us know.
Was looking forward to meeting you on Discord or just on track.
Really hope you can join us for some fun racing very soon. :)

I'm racing tonight, but boy, am I struggling with these cars. I realise they are extremely powerful, but I don't seem to be able to tame them at all. I've tried with and without roll bars, with and without wings. I have tried all I can think of regarding brake balance, diff clutches or lock settings. Lowered the tyre pressures etc etc. See to have it the best I can manage. Running the les powerful engine, no wings no roll vars etc, but still it understeers like a pig, I can't get it to turn in or rotate on the throttle.. I can get it to spin though. Lol.
All I can dovis accelerate on straights and basically turn in really early and coast around corners totally without throttle input. Really strange and not fun at all. So gonna keep trying and will make the race but I will chuck in the towel if I'm just a rolling road block. Perhaps there's something wrong with my install or PC as a lot of rf2 mod cars have seemed really strange me. Hardly any grip basically. Like driving on Ice.

Last edited:
I'm racing tonight, but boy, am I struggling with these cars. I realise they are extremely powerful, but I don't seem to be able to tame them at all. I've tried with and without roll bars, with and without wings. I have tried all I can think of regarding brake balance, diff clutches or lock settings. Lowered the tyre pressures etc etc. See to have it the best I can manage. Running the les powerful engine, no wings no roll vars etc, but still it understeers like a pig, I can't get it to turn in or rotate on the throttle.. I can get it to spin though. Lol.
All I can dovis accelerate on straights and basically turn in really early and coast around corners totally without throttle input. Really strange and not fun at all. So gonna keep trying and will make the race but I will chuck in the towel if I'm just a rolling road block. Perhaps there's something wrong with my install or PC as a lot of rf2 mod cars have seemed really strange me. Hardly any grip basically. Like driving on Ice.
It's a bit of a knack. We will give you a setup. Come in. :)

Thanks Yves & Jan. Don't think I would have made the finish in race 1 without the help of your setups. I did lower the rear ARB of Jan's setup for race 2 but I didn't really have enough time to settle down and warm the tyres In race 2. Touched someone from behind on lap 1, then on lap2 I took Jack out. Sorry guys. Wasn't done on purpose. See you all next time.

Last edited:
thanks guys for the race today and for sharing your setups - very kind of you to do this!

I mistakenly put about 150L of fuel in as the RF2 setup page told me that was enough for 16 laps which i thought might be tight....haha! In the end had some good battles and decent race pace despite the extra fuel, but on the last turn of the last lap I ran into the back of Jack when I was looking at something at the bottom corner of the screen and DNF'd :( Sorry Jack

I must say this car and track combo was a blast and loved all the various car model options to give it some variation too

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and the racing and hopefully see you guys around soon.

Last edited:
thanks guys for the race today and for sharing your setups - very kind of you to do this!

I mistakenly put about 150L of fuel in as the RF2 setup page told me that was enough for 16 laps which i thought might be tight....haha! In the end had some good battles and decent race pace despite the extra fuel, but on the last turn of the last lap I ran into the back of Jack when I was looking at something at the bottom corner of the screen and DNF'd :( Sorry Jack

I must say this car and track combo was a blast and loved all the various car model options to give it some variation too

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and the racing and hopefully see you guys around soon.
Always welcome and don't worry about a couple accidents. So long as you wait for the other guy. We are always super pleased to have new people join the club, so please join us again any time you like. :thumbsup:

Well, I often come on after an event to thank everybody for racing with us. I always say what a great evening it was and how everybody made such a great atmosphere and a fun evening. But tonight guys, you have excelled yourselves. I can honestly say that I had the best evenings sim racing that I've had for a long time. Thank you.

Well done guys.
Thanks for your support, thanks for racing and I hope to see you all again soon.

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Cheers for the racing guys, I enjoyed that :)

Race 1: I made a mistake coming on to the straight when I clipped the grass, then the armco and made a 360, allowing Lennart through. I used the next couple of laps trying to get the tires to settle down temp wise and then have a go at catching him. A few more laps and I was able to slip inside at the Bosch Kurve (I think it was) and keep the lead to the end.

Race 2: I wasnt completely confident in my setup and I also wasnt happy with my driving, so I wowed to improve on both of them. The setup changes helped and my driving was much improved, managing to keep the tire temps a lot further down for the majority of the race, opening up a good gap. It wasnt until the end where I lost concentration and started drifting and thus started killing tires again. In the end it didnt matter, Denis and Lennart were too far back to pose a threat.

Cheers for the hosting Denis, always appreciated :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea