F1 2012 Logitech G27 Settings for F1 2012 The Game

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Here are my settings for F1 2012 The Game with a Logitech G27 steeringwheel. I must say that out of the box the steering is pretty good already. Especially compared to last years dramatic default settings.

I've added a screenshot with my ingame and profiler settings.

Hope it helps

logitech g27 settings.png

hi
i need help.
firstable sorry for my bad english.i´m german ;-)
in F1 2011 for PS3 i have the settings from logitech.com. with the same settings in 2012 i can´t drive any car. every turn i´m in teh sand or make a circle. is anybody here who can help me ?? i know u all have the same problems like me :-.

i tested different settings. here my actually in 2012 for PS3:
Wheel:
0%
67%
1%
0%
10%
1%
10%

Force Feedback:
on
10%
60%
100%.

It´s okay, but i´m very slow.
in 2011 the setups from KYLE_DUNNING works great for me but in 2012......they are horrible..

thanks for help..

Well, I recently bought a G27 ( Like what? 2 months ago ), And I have been using my Xbox controller as a wheel since F1 2010. I am quite fast with it, my times are very competitive and comparable to many top times, I also used no driving aids except for auto gears, believe me, that's a pain when using a controller lol.
But, using the G27, and the same settings I use for the car when I use my controller, I just can't cope, I had even to decrease the AI difficulty, and I never played lower than Legend! I was always faster than the AI, now even on Professional I seem to have some problems against them.
I am around 7-10 sec slower than my controller times, and it's like the car oversteer-understeer at every corner, and I don't make a bad use of the gears, also how could I be almost 10s slower just for shifting like a potato? I also used every possible setting for the wheel, some are more confortable for my driving style, other less, but still the same! I am slow.
Do you guys think I should revisit every single setup for all the tracks, and try to tweak them? I am almost doing a comparison vid between the two and posting here, so anyone can give me a solution!
I feel like an idiot, all I ever wanted was to drive using a wheel, and now I simply can't =(

So, my own reasons for that, though I am only expeculating.:

- The way I brake, I am locking almost every corner now.
- The way I downshift the gears may cause understeer? Because in order not to fu** up the
engine, I am downshifting almost all gears together at very low revs.

But could only this be the reason for so much time? If you guys have any other idea...

Last edited:
@Luis Mendonça People should stop overrating car setups as this game is NOT a simulator with physics that can be changed in the setup screen. It are basically some minor tweaks based on set per track made by codemasters.

The car setups should hardly have any effect on racing with a wheel.

If you start to race with a wheel (excellent choice) you need to do a couple of things first.
  1. Disable all driving aids in the game. No auto gears, no silly driver lines, no abs, tc or whatever. Switch them off, wave them goodbye and NEVER touch these settings again :)
  2. When you have disabled all driving aids, step away from your pc or console and walk towards this handheld controller you were previously using and pick it up. Proceed with step 3.
  3. Now walk towards the nearest window in your room and open it.
  4. Take the controller from step 2 and throw as hard as you can through the open window of step 3. (to prevent a big mess make sure you've double checked you really opened the window)
  5. Now feel liberated as you are now officially a beginning simracer, simulating real racing with the device it was meant to be driven with: a steering wheel with pedals.
  6. Try to setup the wheel according the tips in the opening post of this thread.
  7. Give yourself TIME to get used to the wheel and don't go searching in your neighborhood for the controller you've just thrown away in step 4.
  8. If you race without driving help you start from scratch again, forget all the techniques you have learned before and practice. You'll see that within a couple of days you are speeding up fast and most of all and this is the important part of simracing: you will actually enjoy racing more than with a controller. Don't think in laptimes, think in enjoying your racing experience.
  9. Give yourself more time.
  10. And give yourself ALL the time you need and eventually all works out.
Welcome to the club of G27 cool guys :barefoot:

@Bram Hengeveld
Thank you for this fun answer! Lol

The only driving aid I was using was auto gears with the controller, I am trying to get used...
The brakes are really a pain for me now, but something that is helping me a lot to
get used to these is Toca 3 and rFactor.
I must keep my xbox controller around for playing Fifa, but I will never again use it to race!!!! Hehehe
I will give my self some time, that's true. I am very happy to be a part of the club!! Lol
I don't hope to be a Senna, but at least to be better than Badoer:roflmao:!!!
Good to know I only need some practice :D

Has anyone got to the bottom of a good g27 set up? Or it it just flawed? This game really feels like its been half ass thought of in this respect. Tried a few set ups and its from one extreme to the other. Its not my driving style, i can adjust myself to the car. Its more there is something missing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back