F1 2012 Logitech G27 Settings for F1 2012 The Game

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Here are my settings for F1 2012 The Game with a Logitech G27 steeringwheel. I must say that out of the box the steering is pretty good already. Especially compared to last years dramatic default settings.

I've added a screenshot with my ingame and profiler settings.

Hope it helps

logitech g27 settings.png

Everything was working just fine yesterday, and today i tried to play and i can't feel any weight in my G27, it's like the FFB is gone, but only inside F1 2012, outside of the game it's working just fine.
Anyone experiencing something similar? The wheel feels so light right now, can't play like this.

My god what have they done with the FFB in the G27? I just can't feel anything.

G27 FFB on PC post patch 4.

The patch 4 FFB issue is a little odd, I was playing co-op with a friend just after the patch and my FFB was fine, my partner on the other hand complained about having almost 0 FFB with only a slight amount applied at lower gears.

We both use G27's, both had patch 4 installed so it seems strange that only one of us experienced a lack of FFB.

When I load F1 I use keyboard controls to get into the game, navigate menu's and my wheel once on track. This could be a red herring but the FFB issue may only appear when using the G27 wheel + d-pad exclusively (no keyboard one in-game).

I am at work so cannot test this theory at this time but for those that can no longer feel FFB in their G27 after patch 4, do you navigate menu's with your G27 or keyboard?

just tried the demo. i don't know how different it is from retail game but oh well... played a lot with the settings to see if i would like the handling model at all. it's not brilliant but decent, i just miss braking ffb, i never know if i'm locking tyres.

i compared it to iracing f1's and people setting steering lock on the higher side are absolutely right, 300 and lower is way too low. matching in-game wheel may look pretty, but it doesn't help when it feels so twitchy.

linearity doesn't seem right at zero. it feels less sensitive the closer i get to full lock. at 50 it feels spot on.

i don't like environmental fully off cos i can't feel the kerbs and the grass, and i ride on the grass a lot, lol

i played a bit with pedals saturation to put them to my liking, at default i felt braking to be a bit weird.

g27 profiler i put:
100% ffb
370° rotation

in-game ffb
environmental eff: 10%
force feedback: 30%
wheel weight: 10%

advanced settings
steering deadzone: 0% (but 1% is fine)
steering saturation: 0%
steering linearity: 50%
brake deadzone: 0%
brake saturation: 31%
throttle deadzone: 0%
throttle saturation: 9%

Hi guys, i was really upset with this game's FFB so after trying some mods, i decided to make my own mod.
It should works for all wheels, but since i use a G27, i came here to see if any of you could try it and tell me what do you think. Please, if someone have the time, try it and tell me about it.

Download here

Took me 2 days, but i guess now its good, effectsetup was completely redone.
What are the changes?

Steering wheel - Now its heavier when the car is stopped, it gets lighter when you start to run and then gets havier again when you are at 200kph or more.
Suspension - Increased x4, now its possible to few bumps and kerbs, when you ride high kerbs you can feel the wheel trying to push you to the track.
Track - Racing wheel doesn't look "dead" anymore when you are on track.
Gear - Shifting up/down effects, 1st stronger effect, 2nd gear strong effect, 3rd gear medium effect....
Front brake lock-up / rear wheel spin - The brakes lock up doesn't seem to look right, i did a lot of tests and barely feel anything. Rear wheel spinning is better, you have a stronger feel when oversteering and if you spin at high speed you feel the racing wheel trying to move with violence :D
Forgot to say...

My effects in game are:

40% / 50% / 40%
You can increase or lower it as you like, the effects work with any settings.

The force was OK but I use 20/50/40.
Hi Peter.
I've uploaded a new version. My friend asked me for a lower weight on the wheel and thats the one i uploaded now.
Kerbs effect - reduced
Tarmac - reduced
Wheel weight - reduced
The problems with the reduced weight is that the suspension effects seems too light and the wheel weight when car is stopped doesn't apply, it feels very light, but for everything else it works.
I tried something more like GSC or rFactor.

Hi Peter.
I've uploaded a new version. My friend asked me for a lower weight on the wheel and thats the one i uploaded now.
Kerbs effect - reduced
Tarmac - reduced
Wheel weight - reduced
The problems with the reduced weight is that the suspension effects seems too light and the wheel weight when car is stopped doesn't apply, it feels very light, but for everything else it works.
I tried something more like GSC or rFactor.
That was the new version I tested.
I like Wheelweight with the original settings I used 20/100/100.

That was the new version I tested.
I like Wheelweight with the original settings I used 20/100/100.
Nice!

I don't like the version with a lighter wheel. lol
Its because with a heavier wheel if you play on Monaco for example, you can feel the wheel trying to push the car to the sides. With a light version its much harder to feel these things :(
I believe i'll do the 2 versions and make a mod then lol
Thanks for the feedback!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back