F1 2012 Logitech G27 Settings for F1 2012 The Game

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Here are my settings for F1 2012 The Game with a Logitech G27 steeringwheel. I must say that out of the box the steering is pretty good already. Especially compared to last years dramatic default settings.

I've added a screenshot with my ingame and profiler settings.

Hope it helps

logitech g27 settings.png

I'm playing on Ps3, my settings are Steering deadzone 2, Steering linearity 15%, everithing ellse 0%, Force feedback 30% envio, 30% feedback strenght, 0% Wheel weight.Now I can feel when wheels loose traction and sliding, with more than 30% feedback strenght i couldn't feel that because FFB was too strong and cover that effects.

This pretty much fixed all the problems i was having in driving with a wheel in 2012 on the ps3. Thanks a lot.

Profiler :

107%, rest are 0% with centering spring checked
243 degrees of rotation, not combined pedals, and checked "Allow game to change settings"

In-Game
All 0% settings on advanced configuration
30-40-30 on the FFB

Paired with Venom's FFB mod edited to provide 1.9 scale gear change on all gears.

I've uploaded the new version of the Real Feel FFB. Its on the mods section :D

Mate, you are a God among men! You've fixed in a matter of days what Codies couldn't get right in a year. I just downloaded F1 2012 from Steam after trying the PS3 demo and the PC FFB was schizophrenic, locking left and right and fading in and out for no reason.

On top of that I've just got burnt with Driver SanFran's lack of FFB on the G27 and I thought F1 was going to do the same but your fix works perfectly.

Thank-you! :thumbsup:

Mate, you are a God among men! You've fixed in a matter of days what Codies couldn't get right in a year. I just downloaded F1 2012 from Steam after trying the PS3 demo and the PC FFB was schizophrenic, locking left and right and fading in and out for no reason.

On top of that I've just got burnt with Driver SanFran's lack of FFB on the G27 and I thought F1 was going to do the same but your fix works perfectly.

:roflmao:
Thanks for the nice words. I wish i could do something much better, but i think its not possible. The FFB file have a lot of problems and miss a lot of important effects. Sadly the effect i really want (and it is in the FFB file by standard) and i can't get it to work is the front wheel lock. No matter which value i use, i can't feel the loss of grip when i lock the front tyres :(
At least for the rear its working, not perfect but its working. CM really need to fix a LOT of things! Lets hope they try! :D
I was playing these days (spent most days making mods) now im back to modding again :roflmao:
Maybe i'll try to mod the FFB again, but no promises for now. If i do it and make it better i'll let you know :thumbsup:

Hi Guys - using G27 on PC, no assists etc.

I have tried all of the wheel setups here ... but I can't get rid of the "loose" feeling in the wheel when turned significantly. E.g. the first hairpin at Spa, when about 3/4 round the wheel seems to lose sensation, feel very loose.

I'm not sure whether i'm about to spin, have any grip etc. as I have no feeling or resistance in the wheel at that moment.

Does anyone know any settings that will help on this, or has anyone encountered this and resolved it?

Many Thanks

Hm...
You can try using one of the mods for the FFB, but still will not help you too much.
The FFB of this game is bad.
Some settings like the front wheel lock doesn't work with any settings on the ffb file, even with a modded file and all settings to 100% in game.
Regarding the oversteer and this loose feeling, again another problem, feels like the game can't handle a good "FFB cross effect" so it feels like, "ok, good grip" then suddenly "oh no, i'll spin" :roflmao:

I am using some diffent settings, cause in my oppinion linearity is the main problem when increasing it`s slider, because it makes the Wheel feel loose around the center...

Profiller:

Overall Effects: 130% (lower will make the wheel shake on straights...)
Spring Effect: 100%
Damper Effect: 100%
Center Spring: unchecked / 0%
Allow Game to Adjust: checked
Degrees of Rotation: 900°

Ingame:

Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Saturation: 66%
Steering Linearity: 0%
Throttle Deadzone: 5%
Throttel Saturation: 15%
Brake Deadzone: 5%
Brake Saturation: 15%

FFB:
Environmental Effects: 20%
Feedback Strength: 10%
Wheel Weight: 10%

BTW: i also tried Saturation @69% with Linearity @10%, just because the most guys out there are using Linearity, but i still dont like it, and set it back to zero...

Hi Guys - using G27 on PC, no assists etc.

I have tried all of the wheel setups here ... but I can't get rid of the "loose" feeling in the wheel when turned significantly. E.g. the first hairpin at Spa, when about 3/4 round the wheel seems to lose sensation, feel very loose.

I'm not sure whether i'm about to spin, have any grip etc. as I have no feeling or resistance in the wheel at that moment.

Does anyone know any settings that will help on this, or has anyone encountered this and resolved it?

Many Thanks
It is normal, just a signal that front wheels are lost any grip at this point. Try 320 degree lock in profiler and 0% linearity and saturation in the game. If you still experience this then it is car setup. Try to stiffen car's frontend (it is too soft by default on most of the tracks).

Hey guys. I'm back and I hoped that with all the recent patches, I would be finding a good setting for my G27 to race like I did in 2011. However, I still don't seem to be able to find one.

First, my in-game FF is greyed out, except environmental and on-off switch. Why would that be?

Second I have in Logitech GLOBAL profiler
107%
0%
0%
0% - UNCHECK Center Spring
236%
CHECK Allow game to Adjust Settings.

I have the same options in Specific Game Settings:
107%
0%
0%
0% - UNCHECK Center Spring
236%
CHECK Use Special Game Settings
CHECK Allow game to Adjust Settings.

In-game, it seems that linearity does not change anything for me.

It also seem that as more speed I have, the slower/fewer the in-game wheel and tires turns compared to the amount I have to turn my G27. It feels really wired.

I really need help :/

I'll be trying this tonight I think, I've been incredibly unhappy with wheel response and FFB in this game both pre- and post-patch.

In fact I'm going to crosspost an earlier post from today on the Codies forums in case anyone has a solution (or at least an answer):

Christopher said:
There are still some worrying underlying problems with the wheel code.

I have a G27 and play on a PC. If I customise the default G27 profile in the game whatsoever by even adding just one custom key map, when I next reopen the game the steering in-game seems mapped to a full 900 degrees of lock (even though I specify ~300 degrees in Profiler). The only way to keep steering behaviour consistent between game loads is to keep all keys bound as default and only use the default G27 profile, which is inconvenient.

More annoying is that the wheel doesn't "hard lock" when you reach the end of the steering rack's motion. The wheel becomes harder to turn, but you can still turn it well beyond the theoretical maximum. In other games, the wheel forcefully locks and you'd drag the table with you if you tried to turn it further. It also locks perfectly OK outside of the game to whatever rotational limit is set in Logitech Profiler.

I also still feel there's a lack of feedback; when your tyres go past their optimal slip angle there's no real tactile feedback or sensation of loss of grip, you just slide off into barriers.

I've tried 250, 300, 400 deg of lock and a larger amount feels more realistic and allows me greater accuracy than the v small amounts (I end up just slipping the front tyres too much with extreme lock, and I'm quite a gentle progressive driver). I use 102% total with everything else set to the same 0% defaults as others use and allow game to override. There's gentle amounts of in-game feedback and wheel weight etc.

Just can't find that 'magic' spot with a more realistic feel, even the six year old RACE 07 has a vastly superior game engine in this regard.

Hey guys it seems I've got something not quite right with the G27, the centreing spring force seems to be too strong. I've tried disabling it and it doesn't change. It makes it quite difficult to turn the wheel.

Anyone had this?

Good G27 game for simcade fans, but does require good driving form in the wet.
Works well with my G27 but very arcadey dry weather physics.
Only $13.50 on steam, worth buying at that amount.
decent sound effects here and there, easily the most polished F1 game, granted it took a bunch of patches.

Hi, i just bought my wheel, and im having some trouble getting the settings right.
theres something wrong with the ffb i think. so when i play the wheels ffb goes to the left very much so its har to center the wheel, and when i center it it says like a little click and then it stops going to the left, and in some cornes it seem like the ffb is gone,.,
and when i have done a turn to the right the same thing happens where the wheel goes very strong to the rightr..
i have tried szeveral settings that u have posted... the wheel works great in other games, i have tried to reinstall the drivers... and i have heard that their are some ffb mods... any1 u could recommend?
Martin

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea