F1 2012 Logitech G27 Settings for F1 2012 The Game

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Here are my settings for F1 2012 The Game with a Logitech G27 steeringwheel. I must say that out of the box the steering is pretty good already. Especially compared to last years dramatic default settings.

I've added a screenshot with my ingame and profiler settings.

Hope it helps

logitech g27 settings.png

Bram, in F1 2011, you had 107 Feedback, and also you did not had ticked Enable Centered Spring. How come you changed them to F1 2012?

Also, do you have any settings to match the G27 for 200° of rotation? Anything more, it feels wired, and usually F1 cars don't turn more than 200 unless a very tight airpin at very low speed (like monaco)

i have 900 degrees of rotation in the profiler. The Game took care of the rotation calibration. When i start the game, the wheel calibrates itself to about 270 degrees. Ingame, all values at 0 (default) give me the best feeling.

long story short: out of the box works great for me :)

I am having real difficulty to set my G27. I need at maximum 240° of rotation, anything more makes it un-real and very difficult to handle a F1 car (as you notice, the most drivers turn the wheel is 90º in 99% of the turns). Now my problem is I cannot match the in-game wheel with mine.
I am also having force feedback issues when my wheel reaches the endpoints (very very close to maximum left or right). I lose feedback. Not sure how to explain it, but as you turn the feedback is stronger and stronger until at about 85% rotation (so if I use 240°, when the wheel is about 105° to the left or right) any more the force feedback dies off, making some very awkward turns.

The best I could come with was for the profiler 101% FF, 0% everything else, center spring checked and 200-240° rotation (tried this range), then in-game all is set to 0 and feedback to 0% envio, 40% and 20% wheel weight

Help :/

does someone feel like the wheel for the first 5 degrees turning left and right doesnt have any resistance? I can't manage to work it out.... someone help pls?
thanks!!
I feel that way too.
The forcefeedback is strange compared to rfactor and other sims.

And Iulian Cezar, I guess it's related to loss of grip, as people are discussing on the forums, there's a lot of understeer in this game, if you turn your wheel too much, you end up sliding the front, and this is why you feel a "deadzone" at maximum lock, when you don't feel feedback anymore, it's time to turn it back a little to regain traction. This is what I think, not sure if it's true.

Btw, anyone got a nice wheel setup with high value locks? I could only find a decent setup on 264º, but I don't like to play with such a low lock angle, in rFactor for example, I use 375º and it's fine, when I'm doing a hairpin, I can turn the wheel to its maximum lock, just like in real life, and in high speed corners I don't need to turn more than, maybe 15º, this is realistic.
At Montreal's hairpin and monaco, for example, you can see the real life drivers turning the wheel much more than just 90º degrees like you do in this game, even the virtual wheel (the one you see in game) doesn't go further than 90º.

I'm playing on Ps3, my settings are Steering deadzone 2, Steering linearity 15%, everithing ellse 0%, Force feedback 30% envio, 30% feedback strenght, 0% Wheel weight.Now I can feel when wheels loose traction and sliding, with more than 30% feedback strenght i couldn't feel that because FFB was too strong and cover that effects.

@bram: With 0% linearity, the ingame wheel moved in slowmo compared my real wheel input. So quickly moving the wheel to my rotation lock had about almost 1 second delay in game. With linearity on 50% is was without delay.
THe rest is all default for me.

I feel that way too.
The forcefeedback is strange compared to rfactor and other sims.

And Iulian Cezar, I guess it's related to loss of grip, as people are discussing on the forums, there's a lot of understeer in this game, if you turn your wheel too much, you end up sliding the front, and this is why you feel a "deadzone" at maximum lock, when you don't feel feedback anymore, it's time to turn it back a little to regain traction. This is what I think, not sure if it's true.

Btw, anyone got a nice wheel setup with high value locks? I could only find a decent setup on 264º, but I don't like to play with such a low lock angle, in rFactor for example, I use 375º and it's fine, when I'm doing a hairpin, I can turn the wheel to its maximum lock, just like in real life, and in high speed corners I don't need to turn more than, maybe 15º, this is realistic.
At Montreal's hairpin and monaco, for example, you can see the real life drivers turning the wheel much more than just 90º degrees like you do in this game, even the virtual wheel (the one you see in game) doesn't go further than 90º.

I hope it is as you say dead zones on the 10% left and right thanks, now I'll see to configure it.

I am also having force feedback issues when my wheel reaches the endpoints (very very close to maximum left or right). I lose feedback. Not sure how to explain it, but as you turn the feedback is stronger and stronger until at about 85% rotation (so if I use 240°, when the wheel is about 105° to the left or right) any more the force feedback dies off, making some very awkward turns.

The best I could come with was for the profiler 101% FF, 0% everything else, center spring checked and 200-240° rotation (tried this range), then in-game all is set to 0 and feedback to 0% envio, 40% and 20% wheel weight

Help :/

You are turning the wheel to far, losing grip with the front wheels and understeering. Thats what that feeling is.

My settings:
Degrees: 400
Overall: 107%
everything else 0 and centering spring off. Allow game to make adjustments.

In game: everything set to 0
FFB: 30-80-30

There is not point worrying about your wheel not matching the in game wheel. Because if you are looking at your wheel and are so easily distracted by that i dont know how you can complete a lap. :)

Hi there...

I'm new comer to this game. Just ordered it, maybe arrive tomorrow...
Reading this thread is like everybody adjust the wheel setting to their liking. I mean, whether we are supposed to conform to the actual situation?

In simulation, the setting should reflect the "actual feel". Our job is to adapt to the situation. That the simulation game is. So, is the default setting for each wheel reflect the "actual feel"? Is there someone on this forum actually ever driving F1 Car? How does it feel when compared to this game?

The point is, how the wheel settings that correspond to the "real situation", like riding the actual F1 Car?

Yusuf, i think most of it is down to personal preference really, it also depends on your wheel Degrees in your Wheel Profiler ( 540,420,360,320) etc , then it's matching it up in game, which is where the Saturation and Linearity comes in, the rest if all down to you, how comfortable you really feel ingame (FFB Settings etc)

I found that sometimes the profiler wasnt recognising the game, causing all sorts of strange things. I set the profiler to always use F1 2012 (persistant in settings if I remember). Then I used my wheel settings in both the game profile and the global profile. I also launch the game from the profiler. This seemed to give some sort of method to the madness...
For anybody interested my settings are 107,10,12, centre spring ticked and 50%, SWS boxes ticked and 236 rotation, and allow game to adjust settings.
In the game I have all 0, with FFB at 50/100/50.

Microsoft Xbox360 Wireless FFB wheel settings

Steering DeadZone 2%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 47%
Throttle DeadZone 10%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Break Deadzone 0%
Break Saturation 0%

Force Feedback Options

Environmental Effects 20%
Feedback Strength 50%
Wheel Weight 40%

Unfortunately i believe some tinkering needs tbd from track to track:(imo

After much discussion on the Codies forum and to-and-froing with various setups, it was a conversation I had with someone who has real single seater experience that convinced me to up my rotation and keep the game settings as default. (I have a G27 for what it's worth, but try similar settings with any other good wheel.)

As a result, my "happy setup" is as follows:

Profiler
102% overall
370 degrees of rotation (it would likely work well with 400 too)
Everything else enabled but at 0%
Allow Game to Adjust Settings (very important)

In F1 2012:
Input device overriden to Wheel (gets rid of lag, like last year)
3% brake deadzone, because I have a heavy left foot.
All other settings to 0% (linearity etc) to get 1:1 real:virtual wheel rotation.

Force Feedback settings:
Environmental Effects set to just 10% - only to give a little feedback over kerbs, it's not helpful FFB (just a standard rumble whatever you're driving over) so it gets distracting at higher percentages.
Feedback Strength and Wheel Weight both set to between 40% and 60% (as you prefer)

I can nail apexes, feel the understeer coming, feel the back stepping out, feel locked wheels, feel wheelspin and feel the DRS open with these settings. Very pleased, particularly given my previous settings (just terrible, so terrible).

To get the very last few percent of maximum lock (for Montreal hairpin etc) you have to gently pull the wheel to its extreme which is also useful to help you stop overrotating and getting oversteer. If you flick the wheel too quickly into a corner, you will feel it (and you can feel the tyres bite when they regain traction). The rest of the time, the rotational amount is pretty much perfect. If I've missed apexes I've usually been heading towards them too fast! A few gravel baths have taught me my lesson...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.5%