Logitech G25 | Official Support Thread

Jeeeeez....

I donno where to start this, just wanted to share with you my extreme good experience with this wheel.

I just have it for 2 weeks now, previuously i was driving a black Momo.
I loved my Momo very much , but you can not mention this 2 wheels on the same page... This G25 thing is just amazing!

From the wheel you get such feedback from the road, bumps, grip of the tyre (and loosing that grip.... lol) that i never experienced before! It is such a precise piece of art, which you cant tell, if you did not try it!

And the pedals.... wow.... maybe this is even better then the wheel itselve. Of course comparing ot the Momo pedals it is not a big deal to improve from there, but what these guys did is phenomenal. Again you can have such precise control and realistic feel, that i can not say anything else, that if you can afford it: BUY IT!!!!!!

I would try different settings in Global Device Settings.
Start Logitech Profiler->Options->Global Device Settings
->change Spring and Damper Effect Strengt for example to 0
All this is matter of taste...so try what you like

Upvote 0
Marko Hartikainen said:
Grats about the new wheel, I hope you enjoy it:D

What I really don't get why are people recommending to turn FF off:S Ok there is a myth floating around that you are faster without FF, but that is simply NOT true in the end.

I turn it off for because on for instance Monza in the curva grande my alfa will lose the fast line because of the bumps in the tracks. My G will trow me to the side if i have FF enabled.

When i drive for fun (with the shifter) its great to have the FF on because you feel every detail on the track!

Upvote 0
Marko Hartikainen said:
Grats about the new wheel, I hope you enjoy it:D

What I really don't get why are people recommending to turn FF off:S Ok there is a myth floating around that you are faster without FF, but that is simply NOT true in the end.

mmm interesting...

so you say: FF on. But get the right setup for it??

Upvote 0
  • Marko Hartikainen

Yes of course right setup for FF is needed, so its informative and not doing things like Stig mentioned at the same time

Upvote 0
  • Marko Hartikainen

Hehe, I ment FF not doing things like you said in Monza for example:D

Upvote 0
"Yes of course right setup for FF is needed"

Marko, would you like to elaborate further on what settings you use?
I just selected Simbin G25 in the menu and modified the effects and strength settings a bit.

Warren

Upvote 0
tnx guys for all the help

well i think i'm 95-99% ready for istanbul tournament....i can put a 2:06 constant now (with my pb with the dpad beeing in the 2:05)....(fast learner i guess :) )

right now i'm using neo's setup (noticed default steering degree is already 200.....& have my speed sensitive steering now @ 0%)
& i noticed parma did have the checkbox for report combined pedals unchecked (& just was about to ask how to make my brake & gas independent from each other :) )

i'm not going to play with ffb for the moment...because i still need a bit to get confy...then in the future i will try with ffb.....

(one thing that did scare the living sh** out of me 2day was that while i was training in offline mode.....when i began braking my G25 just shut off..........then turned back on.....but yeah....once disconnected...i have to restart race again to race with the steering wheel.....then again it had shut off.....i guess the usb was not connected correctly.........
but it scared me.......because it got me thinking about what if it happened in online race or even tournament & may take out potential winner ](*,) :-# )

Upvote 0
  • Marko Hartikainen

wad53 said:
"Yes of course right setup for FF is needed"

Marko, would you like to elaborate further on what settings you use?
I just selected Simbin G25 in the menu and modified the effects and strength settings a bit.

Warren

That I believe is good profile for G25, based on what I've been told, not using G25 myself. I have mine tweaked a little by using GTR2 plr file but its very similar to that.

Upvote 0
  • FOG-Racecarmike

Look FFS, why is everyone so simple minded? It amazes me!

SOME PEOPLE ARE FASTER WITH FFB OFF AND SOME ARE FASTER WITH IT ON! IT IS YOUR OWN PREFERENCE!.

Upvote 0
  • Marko Hartikainen

Whats up with the shouting and "ffs"?

I didnt see any reason for that in this thread, then again English isn't exactly my language either

Upvote 0
Jr-FOG-n00b said:
Look FFS, why is everyone so simple minded? It amazes me!

SOME PEOPLE ARE FASTER WITH FFB OFF AND SOME ARE FASTER WITH IT ON! IT IS YOUR OWN PREFERENCE!.

mike we dont tolerate "ffs" on this forum.. so please lower your tone a bit in a normal discussion which is going on here..

Upvote 0
  • FOG-Racecarmike

All I am trying to say is don't go off-topic on something that is a bit stupid.

Sorry.

Upvote 0
Sorry to say like that Mike, but if this topic is stupid for you then please just ignore it and dont read it. Btw, i think this FF question is pretty much on topic here.

I found lot of articles and posts about the question, FF contra non-FF, when i was looking around which would be the best wheel for me, this thougths i shared already here on the forum at the ECCI topic.

But for some facts:
- i was driving nearly whole my life with FF on (and i think i was not the slowest around....), but when i turned it off immediately i became 0.2-0.3 sec faster per lap (the change happened to me not to use FF after the Curitiba Tournament round)
- I was reading really lot about the topic, before purchasing my ECCI non FF wheel, and what you can call fact here, after the personal preference, is that FF effects because of the nature of technology are coming a little bit delayed, which after a while you do not even realize, because your brain "corrects" them to your senses. So i believe, if it is making you a bit faster with FF turned off, it is not because of the phiysical moves of the wheel over bumps, which makes you out of the ideal line, but that you have the advantage to react on the behaviour of your car without delay, which delay comes naturally with FF effects turned on.

Upvote 0
  • Marko Hartikainen

Fair points you make there Neo and I believe this is the case for you, I have seen similar reports elsewhere too. Still I say that the FF technology itself doesn't slow you down, atleast for me it gives the tiny bit of more info which allows me to setup the car more aggressively and thus faster laptimes.

There are fine wheels in the market, G25 included, these games are designed to drive with Force Feedback on and one should not let the FF go just because of fear that its slower way around the track:)

After all some like Father more than Mother and vice versa:D

Upvote 0
  • Marko Hartikainen

Neo[RPM said:
]Yepp, stg like that Marko. :)

I do not say that driving with FF is by default slower, just shared my own experiences, others may have it the opposite way around.

I guess it is the type of preference only.

Indeed, forgot to say in previous post that I'm also not telling people what to do, everyone should enjoy driving like they feel it works best for themselves:)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 34 48.6%