rF2 Live Stream: Studio 397 GTE @ Road America - Fri 06Jul18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry to be a pain, but i'd like to switch to the BMW please, thanks.
Steve, you're such a pain… :roflmao: Of course, that will not be a problem! I shall update your entry! :thumbsup:

anyone else feel the cut track rules are a bit harsh on this version ?
The reason for this is that the track is the league version, from the RDLMS. Unfortunately there isn't another DX11 "optimised" version of this track available, and there is very little I can do beyond redefining the track limits but this would take quite a bit of time. Therefore I will be happy to remove penalties tomorrow night, if and when it is appropriate. :rolleyes:

im please - M8 for me
In Please.... Porsche or BWW Please
You have both been added to the list! :thumbsup:

aaaah... for me the German Power BMW
I shall update your entry now! :)

You guys haven't came across any painting templates yet for these cars, by the way? :unsure:
You can find skin templates for these cars in the folders to which the component files are downloaded from the Workshop by Steam. The default, root directory for rFactor 2 resources acquired from the Workshop is '<Steam_install_dir>\steamapps\workshop\content\365960'. To find out which folder you must then open, go to the Workshop page for the car in question; you will see a number in the URL, which is the item ID, and this will correspond to a folder name. Open this folder, and in it you will find the component file as well as the skin template as a .psd file (a template will not necessarily be included for all cars, but a file is included for all of the Endurance Pack cars and also other cars that have been recently released by Studio 397). I hope this helps! ;)

Gonna have to drop out, have to go see a movie that night now :thumbsdown:.
Not a problem - I shall remove you from the list. Hopefully we'll see you again next week! :rolleyes:

You can find skin templates for these cars in the folders to which the component files are downloaded from the Workshop by Steam. The default, root directory for rFactor 2 resources acquired from the Workshop is '<Steam_install_dir>\steamapps\workshop\content\365960'. To find out which folder you must then open, go to the Workshop page for the car in question; you will see a number in the URL, which is the item ID, and this will correspond to a folder name. Open this folder, and in it you will find the component file as well as the skin template as a .psd file (a template will not necessarily be included for all cars, but a file is included for all of the Endurance Pack cars and also other cars that have been recently released by Studio 397). I hope this helps! ;)
There is a much easier way/place :) Just go to the root installation folder of rF2 and there is a folder called 'Templates'.

For example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Templates"

There is a much easier way/place :) Just go to the root installation folder of rF2 and there is a folder called 'Templates'.

For example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Templates"
Ah yes, good point! I had forgotten that the template files were copied to this folder! I'm so used to working with the servers and downloading component files via SteamCMD that the 'Templates' folder completely slipped my mind! :giggle: Thanks for the heads up mate!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.