PC1 Let's give SMS a little credit here

pCARS is a good sim, with flaws admittedly (which are not hidden and are discussed all over the internet), but is more or less 100% feature complete unlike other recent releases such as AC, R3 and I believe RF2 was not feature complete when released (although stand to be corrected). Xbone flaws are a mystery to all WMD members as we had nothing to do with that version at all. I believe SMS should get some credit for being a small team and releasing a complex game across 3 platforms (unlike the others mentioned) and as I say more or less feature complete.

It's not to everyone's personal tastes but tell me what is?

But, as a marketing and business model it is common sense, just stop trying to tell everyone it is the best things since sliced on every format, because that is why people have it in for you.

I don't think anyone is doing that, at least not me. I'm saying that in the context of everything that happened to get to the point of release, it's pretty damn remarkable. I'm also saying that with the commercial success, it'll be much easier to please more people with new products. SMS had to scratch and claw their way to release.. self-publishing a new IP is a big deal, and now with all the work that's been done, it's going to get better and better. I'm also going to begin jabbing Ian to see if we can make an RPG. Would love to see Andy Tudor and co. take a stab at it.

I hope that David criticizes it with his usual dramatics as well. At a certain point, a person becomes a caricature of themselves. (ooohhh I set myself up on that one - swing for the fence!)

So pcars 2 will be a real sim?
Please try 60's F1 Lotus 49 at Nordschleife dry and rain weather and let me know how much more realism you are looking forward, give me lap time 7.20 to prove that this sim is too easy for you LOL

Really I have driven all possible simulators available and this PC is absolutely the best ever, I have 16 years experience so it's so easy to say that!!! The real crappy one is overhyped Assetto Corsa, that's something I can't drive as it sucks so badly!!! Last time I tried AC today and puke flew...just tested pCars and O' God it's so good...

Please try 60's F1 Lotus 49 at Nordschleife dry and rain weather and let me know how much more realism you are looking forward, give me lap time 7.20 to prove that this sim is too easy for you LOL

Really I have driven all possible simulators available and this PC is absolutely the best ever, I have 16 years experience so it's so easy to say that!!! The real crappy one is overhyped Assetto Corsa, that's something I can't drive as it sucks so badly!!! Last time I tried AC today and puke flew...just tested pCars and O' God it's so good...
<mod-edit: please stay polite and within forum rules>

You just made me choke on my beer.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
lol

not joking though now.

Just reinforcing the thought now. I know that the game was SMS has the game funded by the public, had to look for publishment and all that story. Surely it does deserve that credit, a good amount of games don't get this big, frenzied and watched all over these years. But from my perspective, consumer and player wise, I bought the game for the ideas proposed by then and didn't become a WMD backer because of money issues.
So for the ideas given in the overview and passed to us and the news that came along its way, I went into game of that intention of full immersion, I didn't care about cars or tracks. I went with a game that would overperform the competition with its features. However, the game had faulty features or (PERHAPS, that's my point of view) misexplained/wrongfully developed features.
Whose fault it is I don't know, can't proof, but for me, it took away a bit of the fun for me. Note that I like pCARS a whole damn lot, this May I didn't play more game hours than pCARS, I think only Arma 3 might beat it though. However some of the proposed features were either misimplemented or just is lacking because it isn't coming or it's being developed.

And that is why were discussing.

Other than that. Just please, PLEASE folks try to keep it clean here. Type fair and clean please. This is discussion, not The Maury Show (the He said She said DNA show).

I just don't see any huge gulf between any of the top sims out there atm, imo.

They are all in a pretty close range, none terrible, none too incredible. Sure some aspects of each are great and other aspects are just average, some below average.

IMO they are all very good each offering something different and all racers out there.

Last edited:

At least it can understeer, lol.
watch as shift3 is piloted around the entire track "off track"....

I cant say how the car would act IRL, but i prefer that over the other sims even more unrealistic, if u just touch the gras with one inch of the tire you spin of into infinity. Also the most important is how the tires are on track, and there pCars is years ahead of its competition.

You didn't see that video i posted on the previous page. ...watch it and tell me the physics are realistic.
It seems that this sim is not for you so I can't help you, maybe you should start your own project to create sim good enough. I just told you how I feel this sim and for me it's perfect. You guys who missings multiple setups etc so note that I hate setups so i'm so glad that this sim makes setups so simple :)

One more time, Big thanks to SMS, also thanks to Codemasters, you make my days :)

Into infinity is a bit too much but as we are racing a simulation here it shouldn't be possible to apply full brakes on the grass of course.

No, but hes not braking in the video David linked, just full throttle. But it does look very forgiving il give it that.
Also, if i had to guess, the grass is more forgiving here to easy frustration of going of track.
Either way, it does not matter, we dont race on the grass. This is in no way a gamebreaker, nor does it in any way prove that this is a lesser sim.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.