PC1 Let's give SMS a little credit here

pCARS is a good sim, with flaws admittedly (which are not hidden and are discussed all over the internet), but is more or less 100% feature complete unlike other recent releases such as AC, R3 and I believe RF2 was not feature complete when released (although stand to be corrected). Xbone flaws are a mystery to all WMD members as we had nothing to do with that version at all. I believe SMS should get some credit for being a small team and releasing a complex game across 3 platforms (unlike the others mentioned) and as I say more or less feature complete.

It's not to everyone's personal tastes but tell me what is?

"Sim" and "Built towards casuals" should never go hand in hand...
Use the ranking feature to seperate 1st corner pile-ups and clean races.
I really got no clue why nobody dares using iRacing's system when so many
are constantly crying for for clean races in multiplayer.

Regarding tire physics:
IMO most games/sims do it wrong - if the grip levels were just as icey as in many representations on PC, then we'd see about 50 deaths in racing every year.
But of course, going the other extreme isn't a good idea either.
Obviously making some parts of simuliation to suit casuals is the easier way. Iracing services doesn't come for free. However if pcars succeeds maybe there is a hope for a rating system(although I don't know about their plans).

Assetto Corsa going to console now. Does that make it "consolecade"?
The difference is that AC was built around the sim aspect, not around the aspect of catering to casuals / as many potential buyers as possible.

That's obvious once one played AC.

Edit: I see that I attracted the WMD crew! I feel honored! :D

Last edited:
It is pretty sickening over on that website I must say.They are only guilty of loving their game too much though.And it is a good game make no mistake.On a personal level i'm really enjoying it.:)

And the mods! don't forget the mods plus you must make sure when posting to say it's not a moan during the opening sentence.
I was too frightened to post!.They pounce on people like a pack of hungry dogs.And the boot licking of the leader was like an a** kissing convention.I was actually a little bit sick in my mouth:speechless:.I did pick a titbit about the FFb though.The caster in each car makes some difference,I know this applies to RF2,but didn't think it of pcars.

I was too frightened to post!.They pounce on people like a pack of hungry dogs.And the boot licking of the leader was like an a** kissing convention.I was actually a little bit sick in my mouth:speechless:.I did pick a titbit about the FFb though.The caster in each car makes some difference,I know this applies to RF2,but didn't think it of pcars.
Yeah I think unfortunately, the mods have let power go to their heads. I can understand when people are just to lazy to search for open threads they just keep posting the same stuff and to be honest, it's too mixed up with the PS4 and Xboners in there as well. I click on new posts and I just get pages of threads mainly to do with consoles. I will give them credit over there for the way they helped out a guy who'd had a stroke over in Chicago. It restored my faith in forum nature .

Yeah I think unfortunately, the mods have let power go to their heads. I can understand when people are just to lazy to search for open threads they just keep posting the same stuff and to be honest, it's too mixed up with the PS4 and Xboners in there as well. I click on new posts and I just get pages of threads mainly to do with consoles. I will give them credit over there for the way they helped out a guy who'd had a stroke over in Chicago. It restored my faith in forum nature .

It's easy to see how the mods let the power get to their heads with the way the head of the studio acts at times, for instance allowing locked threads to remain open just to mock and belittle people who have complaints about the game. I don't care how or what people complain about in a game, there's no excuse for this.

It's easy to see how the mods let the power get to their heads with the way the head of the studio acts at times, for instance allowing locked threads to remain open just to mock and belittle people who have complaints about the game. I don't care how or what people complain about in a game, there's no excuse for this.
This ^^^

Mr Bell needs lessons on PR in my opinion. But you are right. They belittle, they bully and they mock. Disgusting behaviour. The ones who dislike this very post are some of the worst investors they have and fit the bill perfectly.

Last edited:
The difference is that AC was built around the sim aspect, not around the aspect of catering to casuals / as many potential buyers as possible.

That's obvious once one played AC.

Edit: I see that I attracted the WMD crew! I feel honored! :D
Right, AC, was build around the sim aspect but failed so badly :)

Asetto Corsa Physics model, Pivot Axis
pivot_kottarit.gif

Just tested Assetto Corsa after the Project Cars and difference is huge, PC car turns like a real car, AC car turns like Box with Pivot Axis, this kind of AC s**t is so weird in 2015??? So please stop talking about AC it's history...

SMS should get some credit for being a small team

With over 100 employees working on PCars during peak time you can't call them a small team.

Can someone verify the 100 figure quoted by Bram. And how many of that were temporary vehicle modellers and artists.

But I know your agenda Bram..and it stinks IMO.

Don't want to resurrect this whole childish yes and no discussion again but just to back things up with facts look what another "hater with a stinking agenda" posted on Facebook today.

whoshatingnow.jpg

It's amazing what Kunos have achieved with so little staff.And they are porting AC over to consoles also.I hope they have not bitten off more than they can chew,18 staff members does not seem enough for such a big project.Let's also hope Kunos keep supporting the Pc side of the market,as the single player does need some work.
I'm very disapointed in SMs's broken game now I know how many staff members they have.Can you imagine the sim Kunos or Reiza would produce if they had the same.

Don't want to resurrect this whole childish yes and no discussion again but just to back things up with facts look what another "hater with a stinking agenda" posted on Facebook today.

View attachment 96844

Nice post.

Us haters are still waiting for the accusation against you to be explained. But his big voice has gone oh so quiet. ;) :rolleyes: He is still very active on the WMD forum mind. But here, he seems to have lost his voice.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back