Lego Hot Rod

Cars Lego Hot Rod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
HivQJsM.png

Meanwhile this is what you said about Feldbergring, perhaps the highest quality track released in 2018, a serious track for serious simracers :whistling:
I stand by what I said, it's not my thing. It's certainly not the "highest quality track released in 2018", what an insult to so many.

There is no such thing as "actual modding". Modding is diverse. It can be fun. It can be serious.
This mod is for fun. Sure, it may not reach the quality standards set by many serious, high-quality mods.

But that's what Gary usually does, anyway. Makes some of the most amazing models out there, in my opinion. He can relax sometimes and make something fun, too. And sharing it with everyone here on RaceDepartment means more people can have fun, too.

There is no need to make modding elitist, mate.
Maybe he should start a blog and keep these half-assed mods there, rather than here. Just an idea.

Maybe he should start a blog and keep these half-assed mods there, rather than here. Just an idea.

Why? RaceDepartment isn't only for serious mods. There are many fun mods on here, and this is one of many.

Like I said, no need to make modding elitist, man.

Could do.

Ooooor, I could post them here, where those who don't take life too seriously can join in on the fun :)

You could, but this is a website looking for annual subscriptions to keep it at the high standard it is at, and I would speculate that flooding it with low quality half-assed mods will not ensure it's survival.

Start a blog.

You could, but this is a website looking for annual subscriptions to keep it at the high standard it is at, and I would speculate that flooding it with low quality half-assed mods will not ensure it's survival.

Start a blog.
You seem pretty keen on reading a blog from me. We could write it together if you want?

How do you determine that the Lego Hot Rod is actually a low quality half-assed mod?

As far as I can tell, the physics are actually pretty good, far better than those literal forza or kunos rips people keep posting on modding websites on a daily basis. Model is also more suited to AC, funnily enough.

You have enough fans here I am sure. You don't need me. Start a blog, keep your "zany" ideas there. What's the problem?

The problem is that apparently you decide now what belongs here in terms of seriousness?

Who died and made you the almighty king of all that is modding?

How do you determine that the Lego Hot Rod is actually a low quality half-assed mod?

As far as I can tell, the physics are actually pretty good, far better than those literal forza or kunos rips people keep posting on modding websites on a daily basis. Model is also more suited to AC, funnily enough.
Well I downloaded it and tried it and it was rubbish, just like the lawnmower. It's a waste of bandwith. I don't understand what it's doing in a forum like this, a forum that is usually of a very high standard. Those low quality rips are banned from here.

You have enough fans here I am sure. You don't need me. Start a blog, keep your "zany" ideas there. What's the problem?
The problem is no one else seems to be so wildly offended by such a silly mod. They are all happy to come to RD get it. You're the only one who wants rid of it, perhaps you're the problem?

Typically when you don't like a mod, you leave a constructive review for the reasons why, and you delete the mod from your PC and forget about it, leave others to enjoy it instead.

You on the other hand seem hell bent on setting some sort of arbitrary 'serious-ness scale' where only the most boring content can be uploaded. Sorry mate but thats not how it works.

The problem is that apparently you decide now what belongs here in terms of seriousness?

Who died and made you the almighty king of all that is modding?
I am giving my opinion, that is all. That's what internet forums are for. Opinions.

I am giving my opinion, that is all. That's what internet forums are for. Opinions.

But you aren't stating an opinion. You are telling Gary to piss off, basically.
That's not an opinion.
Mod Edit: no personal abuse

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is no one else seems to be so wildly offended by such a silly mod. They are all happy to come to RD get it. You're the only one who wants rid of it, perhaps you're the problem?

Typically when you don't like a mod, you leave a constructive review for the reasons why, and you delete the mod from your PC and forget about it, leave others to enjoy it instead.

You on the other hand seem hell bent on setting some sort of arbitrary 'serious-ness scale' where only the most boring content can be uploaded. Sorry mate but thats not how it works.

Typically when I don't like a mod, I explain why. I think this one is half-baked rubbish and only uploaded here to generate thanks and attention for you, which you are getting.

I suggest you start a blog and keep this low standard stuff away from RD, a website which is usually of a very high standard.

Typically when I don't like a mod, I explain why. I think this one is half-baked rubbish and only uploaded here to generate thanks and attention for you, which you are getting.

I suggest you start a blog and keep this low standard stuff away from RD, a website which is usually of a very high standard.
Keep going, I'm enjoying this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back