LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Wow, thanks, these lockups were killing me.
Does it also solve traffic cars just standing still instead of moving.

That I'm not certain. Although I have seen issues with grey market ie; Facebook mod cars, that are poorly made cause all sort of strange issues with the traffic AI.

I'd suggest testing with Kunos cars first then adding in mod cars once things seem stable.

• Deleted member 197115

That I'm not certain. Although I have seen issues with grey market ie; Facebook mod cars, that are poorly made cause all sort of strange issues with the traffic AI.

I'd suggest testing with Kunos cars first then adding in mod cars once things seem stable.
That was with Kunos cars after I got teleported to the start after crashing.

i found back my physic radius map! (explaining the shaking intensity depending on the location)

lac_physics.png

and a bonus height map just like geography class ^^
lac_height_map01.jpg

1.39 is even worse. 1.36 is the last good one and for triples and VR night driving recommended is 1.33 preview 4, as there is a lighting bug.

Thanks, will try and compare 1.33 then.
Did some thorough testing yesterday testing 1.39 and 1.40, found the problem (FXAA enabled = 50% fps drop, literally), that didnt happen on 1.25. Also all additions in Particles FX make random stuttering and huge fps drops when I hit barrier, grass or whatever - previously I only had sparks off, now with more options available - its basically whole Particles FX needs to be disabled. Not sure if thats because of SLI or just not enough firepower for 3x1080p.
With the above, finally everything is working OK and no more stuterring.
Gonna test the traffic today and see if that changed.

Apologies for my absence from this thread, a lot of real life things had to be put on hold over the last few weeks to get 1.2 out when I said I would, while sending previous supporters the various VIP versions.
I'm still playing catch up, but will get there soon!

A massive thank you to all the messages of love for the Canyons,
For all the support during the development process (almost 3 years, and way over 1,000 hours) Cheers!

Also a huge thank you to everyone helping each other in this Support thread, a great example of the greatness of the community spirit on RD! I salute you all (well most of you anyway)

Special thanks to these awesome dudes!
@Ben O'Bro @Tberg @CobraCat @AccAkut @zerobandwidth @Tigermoto @Michael Krone @krissboo @Afrodeezy7 @Andy-R @guidofoc @Wietie @Joe Pascal @Scarystuff @Bloodflame @Howie2010@Andrew_WOT
And anyone else I may have missed!

A quick reminder to anyone who doesn't agree or understand the move to a store... This has been done to simplify the process for everyone... Namely not having my emails going to peoples spam folders on many occasions (then following that complaining) and a number of people saying... just name a price! (go back through this thread if you like)
I've now done this!

The 100% optional layouts are now all in the UI layout so all different variants are all compatible on all 1.2 servers.
If you don't agree or like this either don't drive the 26 mile FREE version!

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you alter (even an extra space) any of the models.ini's or surfaces.ini's in the la_canyons folder... You will have mismatches connecting to servers which have included these files.

Server admins are recommended to include all these files to prevent anyone with previous versions of LA Canyons connecting to a 1.2 server which WILL degrade performance for everyone! I've changed / altered so many files (including hundreds of physical meshes) that 1.2 is VERY different at it's core! Cheers!

I changed the value of FILE in the file models_traffic_ two_way as described via this update:

[MODEL_1]
FILE=layout_normal.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

For me that solved the long exiting time. Reduced it to less then a second.

The AI "intelligence" behavior of choosing a traffic line and also the opposite direction is a WIP of the creator Ilja. SO I don't think it can be solved right now to change the number of cars approaching you?
ATM I can't reply to all messages... But this is an important one to point out!

If you alter any models.ini or surfaces.ini or add any addon layouts (including extra models.ini or surfaces.ini) you WILL get mismatches connecting to any servers which include these files to prevent cheating... as in adjusting grip levels.

Server admins are recommended to include these (models/surfaces) files to prevent cheating and prevent users of previous LA Canyons versions connecting and degrading everyones performance!

Regarding Traffic
If you're using AI Flood and experience issues, this is nothing to do with this LA Canyons mod.
Go to the settings / custom shaders patch and disable NEW AI BEHAVIOUR.

If you want to try and use AI Flood... possibly a previous or future version of CSP will sort any issues out. The way the track is split down the centreline means that each lane is effectively a 52 mile single lane track (as far as the AI sees it). When AI Flood de-spawns / re-spawns the AI around you... It depends what lane you're in when it does this... The longer you're in the 'Wrong' lane... depends how much oncoming traffic you'll get! If you want realistic traffic that you stay behind... Try using the 'Normal' Assetto AI.....

Using 'Normal' Assetto AI... will however mean that you will need to run more 'Normal' AI to see anyone... The maximum number you can run is 54 (approx 1 car per mile) I'd recommend starting a 'RACE' as I've already dispersed the AI's start postions around the track... So they start spread out!

Race Weekends are only available for the Practice session... the session will lock up if you go to qualifying... simply because the AI doesn't have Qualifying tyres that can last for 78 miles, including a 26 mile outlap, 26 mile hotlap, and a 26 mile inlap....

And finally... anyone getting crashes... This is mainly because you're trying to race on a layout that has no AI line... Refer to this Layout Guide (included in all 7zips and at the store download page)
layout_guide.jpg

This details all layouts with AI availability, whether the layout has track cameras, number of Pit Boxes, which online layouts have the Gymkhana and available game modes.

Inside every 7zip I include an Install Guide, follow it carefully and it you will avoid most (if not all) of the issues seen in this thread recently.

(A huge thanks to my Sister for helping with the massive amount of admin involved in me being able to bring this project to you! And when I said I would!)

If you alter any models.ini or surfaces.ini or add any addon layouts (including extra models.ini or surfaces.ini) you WILL get mismatches connecting to any servers which include these files to prevent cheating... as in adjusting grip levels.

The only file that servers use is the surfaces.ini. I have often removed models from models.ini files for various tracks to get better performance.

The only file that servers use is the surfaces.ini. I have often removed models from models.ini files for various tracks to get better performance.
Cheers dude I stand corrected... I'm obviously not a server admin :D
Could have swore I've been told about the models.ini's!
I thought it was for syncing dynamic objects... Which are referenced in the corresponding models.ini

Server admins are recommended to include these (models/surfaces) files to prevent cheating and prevent users of previous LA Canyons versions connecting and degrading everyones performance!

Regarding Traffic
If you're using AI Flood and experience issues, this is nothing to do with this LA Canyons mod.

If you want to try and use AI Flood... possibly a previous or future version of CSP will sort any issues out. The way the track is split down the centreline means that each lane is effectively a 52 mile single lane track (as far as the AI sees it). When AI Flood de-spawns / re-spawns the AI around you... It depends what lane you're in when it does this... The longer you're in the 'Wrong' lane... depends how much oncoming traffic you'll get! If you want realistic traffic that you stay behind... Try using the 'Normal' Assetto AI.....

Using 'Normal' Assetto AI... will however mean that you will need to run more 'Normal' AI to see anyone... The maximum number you can run is 54 (approx 1 car per mile) I'd recommend starting a 'RACE' as I've already dispersed the AI's start postion around the track... So they start spread out!

Race Weekends are only available for the Practice session... the session will lock up if you go to qualifying... simply because the AI doesn't have Qualifying tyres that can last for 78 miles, including a 26 mile outlap, 26 mile hotlap, and a 26 mile inlap....

And finally... anyone getting crashes... This is mainly because you're trying to race on a layout that has no AI line... Refer to this Layout Guide (included in all 7zips and at the store download page)
View attachment 347974
This details all layouts with AI availability, whether the layout has track cameras, number of Pit Boxes, which online layouts have the Gymkhana and available game modes.

Inside every 7zip I include an Install Guide, follow it carefully and it you will avoid most (if not all) of the issues seen in this thread recently.

(A huge thanks to my Sister for helping with the massive amount of admin involved in me being able to bring this project to you!)

As much as I want to experience "proper" 2 way traffic - I'm just happy driving everywhere and not seeing other cars or just cars in the same lane and traveling in the same direction as me. Gives me plenty of overtaking opportunities. TBH I end up using both lanes or driving on the left (the right side lol) most of the time anyways!!

• Deleted member 197115

Regarding Traffic

Using 'Normal' Assetto AI... will however mean that you will need to run more 'Normal' AI to see anyone... The maximum number you can run is 54 (approx 1 car per mile) I'd recommend starting a 'RACE' as I've already dispersed the AI's start postions around the track... So they start spread out!

View attachment 347974

(A huge thanks to my Sister for helping with the massive amount of admin involved in me being able to bring this project to you! And when I said I would!)
This info is golden, can we please have it in mod FAQ.

Quick question: I assume that blue, yellow and finish flags as well as the wrong way sings will stop showing up in every other situations that are not related to the track?

Does that mean that if you want to see yellow and blue flags in regular races you will have to use the backup files?

Apologies for my absence from this thread, a lot of real life things had to be put on hold over the last few weeks to get 1.2 out when I said I would, while sending previous supporters the various VIP versions.
I'm still playing catch up, but will get there soon!

A massive thank you to all the messages of love for the Canyons,
For all the support during the development process (almost 3 years, and way over 1,000 hours) Cheers!

Also a huge thank you to everyone helping each other in this Support thread, a great example of the greatness of the community spirit on RD! I salute you all (well most of you anyway)

Special thanks to these awesome dudes!
@Ben O'Bro @Tberg @CobraCat @AccAkut @zerobandwidth @Tigermoto @Michael Krone @krissboo @Afrodeezy7 @Andy-R @guidofoc @Wietie @Joe Pascal @Scarystuff @Bloodflame @Howie2010@Andrew_WOT
And anyone else I may have missed!

A quick reminder to anyone who doesn't agree or understand the move to a store... This has been done to simplify the process for everyone... Namely not having my emails going to peoples spam folders on many occasions (then following that complaining) and a number of people saying... just name a price! (go back through this thread if you like)
I've now done this!

The 100% optional layouts are now all in the UI layout so all different variants are all compatible on all 1.2 servers.
If you don't agree or like this either don't drive the 26 mile FREE version!

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you alter (even an extra space) any of the models.ini's or surfaces.ini's in the la_canyons folder... You will have mismatches connecting to servers which have included these files.

Server admins are recommended to include all these files to prevent anyone with previous versions of LA Canyons connecting to a 1.2 server which WILL degrade performance for everyone! I've changed / altered so many files (including hundreds of physical meshes) that 1.2 is VERY different at it's core! Cheers!
An absolute honour to be thanked!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea