LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Okay so 9 quid might seem a little high compared to official DLC which is now years old and discounted... but leaving a negative review for what is, as far as RD is concerned, a free mod, not to mention one of the best free mods available, is just stupid.

[Edit] I'm set on purchasing Platinum myself, the only thing is it's nearly midnight here, I have work tomorrow and I don't even bloody dare start playing it when I've got work tomorrow :p

I use Track day in Content Manager, 19 AI, and after 1 minue, the AI stop on the road......90% of the cars are in my way...
The two way traffic doesn't work for me....
I won't recommend to buy the Platinium

Last edited:
Okay so 9 quid might seem a little high compared to official DLC which is now years old and discounted...

I think you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm not speaking for the quality of the mod vs DLC, but moreso about the people behind them, and how they're marketed.

With official DLC, you have a team of professional developers and artists that are being paid by their employer to create them. These DLCs are also sold on a massive scale and generate tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue. These are just people doing their job, which I'm sure they love, but they're also getting paid regardless of how much revenue is generated.

On the other side, you have a few dedicated modders who work for nobody, putting in hundreds or even thousands of hours to create something FREE that's nothing more than a labour of love. To offer premium versions is just a little kickback they can get for all of their hard work. The majority of users will only use the free version. Sales will likely not exceed 4 figures (though I could be wrong) and it's presumably going to be split among those who put in all their effort to help. They will be earning multitudes less money than Kunos and their employees. I think the price is more than fair.

The improvements to main loop are much appreciated. There seem to have been changes in vegetation, probably more dense at some spots, stealth adjustments in rotation to some 2d greenery so it looks better facing cameras, more objects here and there, much improved road>road side and road marks blending, all while improving optimization.

Shame about the free version losing one-way traffic, understandably some users won't happy about it. Even so, two-way is way more desirable, making sense on the new paid extra.

The previous 1.0 version looked very washed out with Sol (vs ac vanilla) under a bright sky, so I'd been using an alt config with some material adjustments that was shared on csp discord. In 1.2 under same csp+Sol conditions as prev 1.0 (untouched cfg), both road and ground/mountains look darker and more balanced, thanks for addressing this issue.

One small suggestion would be to remove the circuit tags on non-ai or closed layouts, so at least there's an extra warning on the CM drive menu (on Go button) for them on AI modes, and then to use A2B tag on mt_lawlor_tourist, as there's an A-B timing set that way one can use for solo hotlaps. Not so sure about freeroam/freeroam distant/pursuit, as they miss white line/cone visuals on start/end, even if the same type of timer is functional.
Another, would be to include very mild vao files to make vegetation in the distance slightly darker, so it blends better with the mountains under shade.

Free user ATM, the update to base content was solid and by no means minor. Thanks!

Last edited:
The AI doesn't work properly for me. All AI are stopped blocking the road. Sometimes they are all in a single line waiting for the blocked car to move. They spawn on either side of road stopped. When you pass the same ones that are blocking road they spawn again in front of you blocking the road again. I read text files in each folder to make sure I was using the proper settings. Otherwise the mod is awesome! I reinstalled twice thinking I screwed something up.

• Deleted member 197115

The AI doesn't work properly for me. All AI are stopped blocking the road. Sometimes they are all in a single line waiting for the blocked car to move. They spawn on either side of road stopped. When you pass the same ones that are blocking road they spawn again in front of you blocking the road again. I read text files in each folder to make sure I was using the proper settings. Otherwise the mod is awesome! I reinstalled twice thinking I screwed something up.
Same here, main loop quick race.

Nine pounds Sterling happily spent.
Version 1.0 was a great driving experience.
The little details that fill and flavor the world in version 1.2 make it an immersive experience as well.
One of the mountaintop parking areas has a flaky, flickering streetlight, you guys.
Also at sunrise I saw either a low-clipped "airplane" effect, or an intentional UFO Easter egg, to that was exciting. :D

Yep I also bought the paid version. In my personal humble opinion the creators of this massive 'playground' deserve it. You can see he/they spent many many hours and that gives us a lot of joy in return. So much to discover and so much to learn. Now playing around with the right settings for e.g. two way traffic. So far only managed to get one way traffic with 9 AI. Probably my mistake (again). WIlling to learn!

Of course we (especially the Dutch - like me) want everything 'gratis/for free' but in this case I decided to skip the two bottles of beer on Sunday night.

Tested twoo of the A2B layouts yesterday and I love the flow of the road, much fun to drive!

image.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea