KTM Release Official Free X-Bow GT4 Mod For Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In a rather cool move, KTM have released a free mod for Assetto Corsa - bringing the officially licenced X-Bow GT4 to the simulation.
  • New mod with official KTM licence.
  • Developed with real data from the team.
  • Available to download for free for Assetto Corsa.

Feels like its been a long time since I wrote some new news about Assetto Corsa, with game development having been completed following Kunos Simulazioni moving on to their latest project, Assetto Corsa Competizione. However, seeing as the original AC remains exceptionally popular within the sim racing community, even in the middle of 2020 we have new news - a brand new mod has been released, but with the official backing of the real world manufacturer!

Yes, GT4 fans have a new toy to enjoy in AC from today following this rather cool announcement - adding one of the more unique cars of the GT4 regulations to the olden, but still golden Assetto Corsa simulation.

You can download the car HERE.

Assetto Corsa is available now for console and PC.

Want to enhance your Assetto Corsa experience? Head over to the AC mods section and browse through the awesome things our community have been creating!

KTM Header.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

There's still minor crap here and there, but i think it still speaks a lot bad about kunos if once the last content update is pushed they wont give any support for the game at all.
i wish tey make one last dlc wit some 2019, 2020 road cars, an maybe more iconic old cars like e36, e46 or old american cars like dodge charger, ford mustang, old corvette etc
or update copy-paste ffb from ACC into AC wit simplified setting like yo got only gain, road feel, dynamic damper an minimum force. its then easy to set up as me only settin gain an make all other sliders at zero. if i make in AC all sliders at zero i not have ACC ffb as it lacks slip feeling, an i dont know how tey set it up in ACC so i can have same ffb in all my sims

i wish tey make one last dlc wit some 2019, 2020 road cars, an maybe more iconic old cars like e36, e46 or old american cars like dodge charger, ford mustang, old corvette etc
Yes, wouldn't we all want our favourite devs to tailor make a DLC pack specifically for us, and disregard the fact there are 1000s of other users around with world with completely different ideas of the perfect DLC...

Come on guys. Is it really that difficult to turn every single AC/C thread into a wishlist?

There's still minor crap here and there, but i think it still speaks a lot bad about kunos if once the last content update is pushed they wont give any support for the game at all.

This is only my opinion, but with ACC there will be same story as it was with AC. After console versions we won’t see any big changes to game anymore. Kunos will fix some bugs and maybe release few DLC’s and thats it.

Hopefully Kunos will stay on racing simulation genre after ACC, but we wont know what will happen with Kunos after Stefano left the building.

Sorry, my comment was a little bit off from topic.

Sorry, my comment was a little bit off from topic.

No worries, people already turned this into a wishlist thread, so going any more offtopic is a blessing, really.

People seem to be so damn used to Games as a Service these days that a game just being *done* for once is somehow a negative experience. Assetto Corsa is six years old. At some point, a game should just be considered done, especially when the Dev has obviously moved onto new projects.

• Deleted member 963434

No worries, people already turned this into a wishlist thread, so going any more offtopic is a blessing, really.

People seem to be so damn used to Games as a Service these days that a game just being *done* for once is somehow a negative experience. Assetto Corsa is six years old. At some point, a game should just be considered done, especially when the Dev has obviously moved onto new projects.
then make AC2 around ACC, just copy-paste road cars from AC and add more newer road cars

Thanks KTM. This car finally brought me the idee to start a GT4 season @AC (Beside my other 19! Cups/Championships :confused: )
We have now the Cayman, Lotus eleven, Masserati and KTM all GT4. Plus the 2 not bad mods - Mustang and M3 GT4.

I tested few hours and can say now, with the following handicaps you can have some close and fun racing (more or less track depending)
Just give the KTM 200kg additional weight, the Ginetta 75kg and the Porsche 50kg.

The BMW and the Lotus will not have the chance to fight for the podium but they at least fill up the field very well.

@ Jasoney
This is a great gift and also a wonderful piece of advertising for KTM
as an insider on this project are you aware of any plans to extend this promotion to RF2 or Automobilista2.

Sim-Department team did the whole car including the model and the physics based on the official data from KTM.
We are partners from KTM. So they delivered the data, we made the car out of it. Then we did the test drives together with the KTM test driver.
And it was my idea to do that :)

Stefano already said quite some time back there will be 0 more updates or tweeks to AC,
he even admitted he could bring the content more inline with ACC the way the cars feel and react,
but he mentioned more than likely would break the CSP and SOL so to keep the peace and not cause mass hysteria and conspiracy outbreaks that it was intentional they wont bother with it,
which is fair enough and very highly understandable,
but the way the game was left in 2017 what exactly are you wanting fixing or insinuating crap was left here or there ? makes no sense.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.9%