• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

KTM Release Official Free X-Bow GT4 Mod For Assetto Corsa

SunBro

1000RPM
Jun 17, 2014
Just a little heads up, wipers are broken as of csp 1.63. Wiper properly moves and you see the wiper trace on exterior view but cockpit view does jack sh*t. I wonder if it's a csp issue or a car issue, i've never tested this car with rain previously so i don't remember/know.

Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_ks_brands_hatch_31-6-120-19-20-18.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_ks_brands_hatch_31-6-120-19-20-24.jpg

Here's a better look: Default skins show the wiper trace on the exterior but this magnificent skin doesn't. Maybe it's just a matter of glass dds issue?

Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_ks_red_bull_ring_31-6-120-19-24-9.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ktm_xbow_gt4_ks_red_bull_ring_31-6-120-19-25-51.jpg

Last edited:

garyjpaterson

3000RPM
Apr 12, 2016
This model was made 2 years ago, I don't even know if the rain stuff existed at that point. Later down the line I checked it worked, and it did.
In fact, it still does for me. Here is the clip: https://i.gyazo.com/7af01b86d86cddc20bf44c59eeebbe58.mp4

If newer developments of CSP break it, its not something I personally care enough about to warrant any action from me. Does it need some config adjustments? Who knows, I don't follow that stuff.

I made the car following the usual KS guidelines and with KS approval. Thats good enough for me. Catering for non-official developments that happen in the future was certainly not something I had in mind.

HansDG

25RPM
Jul 6, 2015
^ when looking for errors could you please refere to stable official releases of CSP.
There are several things broken in the newer beta releases, even v0.1.62.
...like tire dirt not moving with the wheel.

Last edited:
Reactions: onearmedbandit46

krissboo

100RPM
Sep 10, 2008
Just a little heads up, wipers are broken as of csp 1.63. Wiper properly moves and you see the wiper trace on exterior view but cockpit view does jack sh*t. I wonder if it's a csp issue or a car issue, i've never tested this car with rain previously so i don't remember/know.

View attachment 394256 View attachment 394257

Here's a better look: Default skins show the wiper trace on the exterior but this magnificent skin doesn't. Maybe it's just a matter of glass dds issue?

View attachment 394270 View attachment 394271
It could be the skin itself but trust me when i say it's been a learning experience and i'm still very much a noob when it comes to it. If I figure out a fix in the future I will send you a message. but for now I need some sleep!!!
Glad you like the skin so much :thumbsup:

Reactions: SunBro

dario993

100RPM
Jul 29, 2019
can i use it on officiall public lobbies? as no cars mod i cant use there only official Kunos cars an DLC. how it look wit this cause if not it will be just another hotlaps car

garyjpaterson

3000RPM
Apr 12, 2016
can i use it on officiall public lobbies? as no cars mod i cant use there only official Kunos cars an DLC. how it look wit this cause if not it will be just another hotlaps car
Its the same as any other mod or DLC car; you can join the server if you have the content.

SunBro

1000RPM
Jun 17, 2014
It could be the skin itself but trust me when i say it's been a learning experience and i'm still very much a noob when it comes to it. If I figure out a fix in the future I will send you a message. but for now I need some sleep!!!
Glad you like the skin so much :thumbsup:
Nah it's not the skin, it's confirmed. Don't bother with it. 1.63 breaks sauber c9 too.

Reactions: krissboo

krissboo

100RPM
Sep 10, 2008
Nah it's not the skin, it's confirmed. Don't bother with it. 1.63 breaks sauber c9 too.
Oh that's ok then lol. I was worried it might have been cause I borked it somehow - updates will be incoming once I figure out where to get a Pirelli tyre texture from or make one
myself.

Vision-138

10RPM
Apr 14, 2020
I scrolled through all of the responses and replies, even did a little googleing. But I have only found the "Gimp" templates. Are there photoshop style templates? Did I just miss the link, or fail a keyword search?

Thanks all I've been looking for this car for a while and now it is here to play with. :)

Kweel

100RPM
Jul 23, 2016
I scrolled through all of the responses and replies, even did a little googleing. But I have only found the "Gimp" templates. Are there photoshop style templates? Did I just miss the link, or fail a keyword search?

Thanks all I've been looking for this car for a while and now it is here to play with. :)
You can open .xcf here then export in .dds

Reactions: AlleyViper

zerobandwidth

100RPM
Apr 11, 2018
I mean... if you're trying to open GIMP files... GIMP is completely free... that's kind of the point. :laugh:
People like the tools they like; I get it. ;)