KartSim Released for rFactor 2!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
KartSim rF2 Release 1.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 2.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 3.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 4.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 5.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 6.jpg
The new KartSim rFactor 2 collaboration is here, available to purchase in the rFactor 2 store and containing laserscanned tracks with more still to come..!

Although based on the rFactor 2 platform by Studio 397, KartSim is in fact an entirely independent project developed by the KartSim development team as an separate piece of content to the officially licenced Studio 397 DLC packs, such as the recent GT3 Power Pack and Formula E 'Energize' content.

Working closely with S397 and rFactor 2, KartSim is led by "karting insider" Tony Ifran and his development team. The first KartSim instalment contains three UK based laserscanned circuits in the form of the PF International, Buckmore Park and Glan Y Gores tracks, developed using laserscanning technology and promising to be potentially the most detailed recreation of these locations found anywhere in sim racing to date.

Running on these three tracks will be the fixed setup Iame Senior X30 UK and Rental Karts, both of which have been promised to be "meticulously designed working with partners on physics and drivers for performance and accuracy". The karts and tracks will form part of an initial offering within KartSim, with further content to follow in the weeks and months ahead...

For the unfamiliar, here is a brief description of the kart types to be found in KartSim at present:

Iame Senior X30 UK
The “X30 World” concept is based on the engine X30 125cc and it can be summarized in few words as “real Karting at hand”. Thanks to the characteristics of the engine of simplicity, immediate feeling, reliability, performance and ease of use, with the concept of X30 World, IAME offers a full program for Karting drivers from the year of their 13th birthday (with the correct MSA licence) with an engine that can virtually accompany them along the whole career.

Since the very first introduction on the markets, the X30 has quickly and constantly grown, in the beginning as an engine dedicated to regional series, up to commercial classes promoted under the name of “X30 Challenge”, then introduced as Federative class by federations willing to replace the unsuccessful international classes and recently landed at international level with a European Challenge and an International Final usually held in central Europe.

The success of the X30 categories, basically distinguished in X30 Junior, X30 Senior and X30 Master, comes from the stability and solidity of the engine and from IAME’s constant aim to provide detailed regulations and low management costs of both the vehicle and the race meetings. In 2013 the X30 is present in more than 15 countries and beside the commercial classes.

Rental Kart
The Rental Kart is a fixed gearing corporate kart using a 4 stroke engine for karters who enjoy karting as hobby. They’re equipped with night lights too so you can keep racing them 24/7!

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now. KartSim can be purchased from the store page HERE.

KartSim rF2 Release 7.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I don't know how long folks want to continue to lie to themselves about RF2.
I too, was a staunch advocate for this title when it was originally released.
I stayed interested all the way up to, and including the S397 hand-over.
While I still think it has lots of potential, it needs a completely new approach.
Relying on the statement that it supposedly has a better tire physics model, while not fixing known, long-term issues is simply not good enough anymore.
It's high time for folks to accept reality and realize they're original release issues that still have not been addressed.
How long should one wait for this to happen?
Quite frankly, RF2' development has become rather disjointed.
While I did recognize S397' need to put out paid content almost immediately to get funding, enough time has gone by for them to have started sorting the very old, known issues.
The GT3 DLC should have 'carried' them for a while, allowing concentration of some resources on fixes.
Simply ignoring what's broken just isn't 'cutting' it anymore.
I'm done throwing money away.
RF2 remains extremely frustrating in every regard... from which DX option to choose in the Steam RF2 properties beta page, to grass coming through the floor at certain tracks in original content...to rapid oscillations trying to rip your steering wheel of the desk on smooth, flat track...to slow-motion replays....the list goes on and on.
Christ!... we still have 'crab-claws' representing driver arms on the steering wheel.
In addition, you can still sometimes go around certain corners and get blinded by mirror-like reflection coming off barriers and buildings...again using original content.
These things should have been fixed before adding anything else after GT3, but hey!...they released a FE-pack. That may be good enough for some.

Last edited:
Hehe will this ever stop? :) Good things never come overnight (unless you are on holiday in Amsterdam :p ). Let's just be patient and see what comes out, when it comes out. I watched RD ACC interview and I'm pretty sure we won't race a proper endurance MP before Christmas. We'll probably never see Reiza 2018, perhaps Reiza 2019. We all know how things go these days.. £€$ ;)

Could someone please compare AMS karts vs this title, so we get some ruff idea of what's up.

They should move before qur ACC goes out later he will be too late, he stays has my opinion 5/6 month no more, the stopwatch is thrown S397!!
the main:
- Official Online competitive
-new UI
-tracks laserscan
-consistent series
-performance & bug fix
-upgrade old content

I hope, good luck ;)

Last edited:
Saw this written in rFactor2/Kartsim forum:

"There are two levels of the sim. Number one, which is their main focus. A FULLY PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT THAT PROFFESIONAL/AMATUER KART RACERS CAN USE TO TRAIN AND DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS. The 2nd, a consumer level product that does NOT, repeat NOT offer all the bells and whistles of the Pro package. If you want the fully undiluted Kartsim, the get ready to pony up 400ish Pounds, or Euros, or whatever is in use over there."

So if you want pro karting then get the pro version. Also, i dont know what the difference is. Just that there is 2 versions.

Well if the physics of the pro one are better than the £17 one then i'm out....

Also you can't train on a kart sim unless you have a rig that lets your body movements effect the kart.....so basically 400 to learn tracks.... you can do that on youtube...

I'll repeat again, karts are like motorbikes, you need to move your whole body to get weight on certain areas to help go faster and better..... its not like a car where you just simply turn a wheel etc...

So £400!! they are basically mugging you..

Good things never come overnight
And it doesn't take Ten solid Years to complete one racing sim title, especially, when 99% of the DNA is taken from it's older brother rFactor 1, it would be understandable if rFactor 2 was written from the ground up, but it is not, rFactor 2 is nearly Ten Years in the making, first announced and shown on inside Sim Racing 10 Years ago.

I watched RD ACC interview and I'm pretty sure we won't race a proper endurance MP before Christmas.

And I'm sure it wont take Ten Years for Kunos to complete ACC, they will probably move on to something new after ACC, whilst certain supporters of a certain sim, will still dream of a day when rFactor 2 rules the world.
Kunos as moved on from Assetto Corsa, a Four Year development window was enough for them, developers do get burnt out working with the same one title for years, they need something fresh and new, to motivate them.

And it doesn't take Ten solid Years to complete one racing sim title, especially, when 99% of the DNA is taken from it's older brother rFactor 1, it would be understandable if rFactor 2 was written from the ground up, but it is not, rFactor 2 is nearly Ten Years in the making, first announced and shown on inside Sim Racing 10 Years ago.

And I'm sure it wont take Ten Years for Kunos to complete ACC, they will probably move on to something new after ACC, whilst certain supporters of a certain sim, will still dream of a day when rFactor 2 rules the world.
Kunos as moved on from Assetto Corsa, a Four Year development window was enough for them, developers do get burnt out working with the same one title for years, they need something fresh and new, to motivate them.

Assetto Corsa started development in 2010 mind you...

No simulator ten years in the making, should still be suffering issues reported on its initial release.
I work as a simulator technician on the HondaJet program...we'd be kicked off-site if we ever allowed that.

Why don't you go and complain to the February roadmap thread? It's amusing that in the roadmap threads everyone seems to be praising rF2, but some random kart release thread (which is not even made by S397) is full of hate. Let's keep this thread for the kart mod feedback.

No simulator ten years in the making, should still be suffering issues reported on its initial release.

It goes way beyond rFactor 1, I am a silent reader of the S397 forum, some of the bugs that are in rFactor 2 can be traced further back to the SCGT engine, rFactor 1 and 2 being a evolution of that engine dna.

Funny reading certain sim engine type patch notes, regardless which developer is using said game engine, with physics update this physics update that, tyre model update this tyre model update that, when the engine still suffers the same bugs that was in the very early revision of the engine it now uses, and no matter what so called physics update is added to said engine, it all just still feels the same.

I work as a simulator technician on the HondaJet program...we'd be kicked off-site if we ever allowed that.

And consumers are showing their dislike for such practise by not buying or playing said titles.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back