KartSim Released for rFactor 2!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
KartSim rF2 Release 1.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 2.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 3.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 4.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 5.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 6.jpg
The new KartSim rFactor 2 collaboration is here, available to purchase in the rFactor 2 store and containing laserscanned tracks with more still to come..!

Although based on the rFactor 2 platform by Studio 397, KartSim is in fact an entirely independent project developed by the KartSim development team as an separate piece of content to the officially licenced Studio 397 DLC packs, such as the recent GT3 Power Pack and Formula E 'Energize' content.

Working closely with S397 and rFactor 2, KartSim is led by "karting insider" Tony Ifran and his development team. The first KartSim instalment contains three UK based laserscanned circuits in the form of the PF International, Buckmore Park and Glan Y Gores tracks, developed using laserscanning technology and promising to be potentially the most detailed recreation of these locations found anywhere in sim racing to date.

Running on these three tracks will be the fixed setup Iame Senior X30 UK and Rental Karts, both of which have been promised to be "meticulously designed working with partners on physics and drivers for performance and accuracy". The karts and tracks will form part of an initial offering within KartSim, with further content to follow in the weeks and months ahead...

For the unfamiliar, here is a brief description of the kart types to be found in KartSim at present:

Iame Senior X30 UK
The “X30 World” concept is based on the engine X30 125cc and it can be summarized in few words as “real Karting at hand”. Thanks to the characteristics of the engine of simplicity, immediate feeling, reliability, performance and ease of use, with the concept of X30 World, IAME offers a full program for Karting drivers from the year of their 13th birthday (with the correct MSA licence) with an engine that can virtually accompany them along the whole career.

Since the very first introduction on the markets, the X30 has quickly and constantly grown, in the beginning as an engine dedicated to regional series, up to commercial classes promoted under the name of “X30 Challenge”, then introduced as Federative class by federations willing to replace the unsuccessful international classes and recently landed at international level with a European Challenge and an International Final usually held in central Europe.

The success of the X30 categories, basically distinguished in X30 Junior, X30 Senior and X30 Master, comes from the stability and solidity of the engine and from IAME’s constant aim to provide detailed regulations and low management costs of both the vehicle and the race meetings. In 2013 the X30 is present in more than 15 countries and beside the commercial classes.

Rental Kart
The Rental Kart is a fixed gearing corporate kart using a 4 stroke engine for karters who enjoy karting as hobby. They’re equipped with night lights too so you can keep racing them 24/7!

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now. KartSim can be purchased from the store page HERE.

KartSim rF2 Release 7.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
What about 3 sisters and Clay Pigeon. Both solid tracks.

I've just had my first go at this. I hate the tacho and the steering wheel and the sound is a bit electronic.

Can't we have a tacho that looks good?

AlfonoPro.jpg

Waterproof-multifunction-hour-meter-tachometer-voltmeter-for-gas-petrol-engine-motocross.jpg

Or something like that.

I bought the GT3 DLC out of support for rFactor 2 in hopes the update/upgrade would follow soon as the UI is really the hang up for me setting it up and managing the vehicles you want to race.
I buy, the dlc of formula e and the gt3 to support them but if they do not get the new interface and the online one will not support them anymore, I do not like this route map

Correct me if i'm wrong here but they have mention that the store gives better possibility to add 3rd party content like this one, and as being 3rd party content, it should have little impact on the overall progress of rF2.

If it works well it is an opportunity for others to add quality content in an controlled environment.

Yeah, someone said on Discord that these items physics parameters are from the Kartsim guys. I think the scans are from them too.
Dont know about the models.

After some laps the impressions are of a widely different behaviour to that of the RF2 karts.
I didnt like either of them (official karts or these 3rd party karts). But its only personal.
Some people may love how stable these new karts are.

Also about the tracks being laser scan. I couldnt feel any difference that I would say are due to the tracks when I ran these karts on the older RF2 kart tracks.
But it might be that I have no clue at all.

Correct me if i'm wrong here but they have mention that the store gives better possibility to add 3rd party content like this one, and as being 3rd party content, it should have little impact on the overall progress of rF2.

If it works well it is an opportunity for others to add quality content in an controlled environment.
But needs to be licensed, my hope was this system would support "fantasy" stuff like URD packs, it's a lot better for me to buy via Steam

PCars 2 must be perfect for you?

Whilst not a fanboy myself and refuse to defend any products anywhere (I have criticised it before), I doubt highly anybody who uses rF2 cares about having the latest GTX 2290 Ti, i9 9900k, 256 GB RAM and 8k VR headset unlike the plenty of PCars 2/FM7 fans do
You would be surprised. Sad part is having a top end hardware and be forced to run lower setting so the game doesn't crash on endurance races or face visual bugs which makes the sim completely undriveable. Not to mention the standard graphical freeze in a 2H stint.

Although it got a lot better since 397 took over, I even managed a stint without a freeze in the last vec race. They still got way to go though. As the sim is still graphically behind iracing and AC, which is really sad, because the driving (on good content) is superb imo.

I don't play this title that much, but have they updated there tire model since admitting some of physics were incorrect?

http://www.isrtv.com/rfactor-2/rfactor-2-look-behind-tyre-physics-partially-incorrect/
I thought they updated it right away but will have to check?
I like the way rF2 will get out of shape on the rough parts but I can still work through it.... sometimes! Where AC barely notices the rough parts and if it does, it goes into a kind of auto skid and with PC2 is opposite. It does more of an autocorrect feel. IMHO.

PCars 2 must be perfect for you?

Whilst not a fanboy myself and refuse to defend any products anywhere (I have criticised it before), I doubt highly anybody who uses rF2 cares about having the latest GTX 2290 Ti, i9 9900k, 256 GB RAM and 8k VR headset unlike the plenty of PCars 2/FM7 fans do

Pcars 2 is nice but NOT perfect !

There are no perfect Sim racing game yet !
Perhaps Assetto Corsa Competizione will be !

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.