KartSim Released for rFactor 2!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
KartSim rF2 Release 1.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 2.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 3.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 4.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 5.jpg KartSim rF2 Release 6.jpg
The new KartSim rFactor 2 collaboration is here, available to purchase in the rFactor 2 store and containing laserscanned tracks with more still to come..!

Although based on the rFactor 2 platform by Studio 397, KartSim is in fact an entirely independent project developed by the KartSim development team as an separate piece of content to the officially licenced Studio 397 DLC packs, such as the recent GT3 Power Pack and Formula E 'Energize' content.

Working closely with S397 and rFactor 2, KartSim is led by "karting insider" Tony Ifran and his development team. The first KartSim instalment contains three UK based laserscanned circuits in the form of the PF International, Buckmore Park and Glan Y Gores tracks, developed using laserscanning technology and promising to be potentially the most detailed recreation of these locations found anywhere in sim racing to date.

Running on these three tracks will be the fixed setup Iame Senior X30 UK and Rental Karts, both of which have been promised to be "meticulously designed working with partners on physics and drivers for performance and accuracy". The karts and tracks will form part of an initial offering within KartSim, with further content to follow in the weeks and months ahead...

For the unfamiliar, here is a brief description of the kart types to be found in KartSim at present:

Iame Senior X30 UK
The “X30 World” concept is based on the engine X30 125cc and it can be summarized in few words as “real Karting at hand”. Thanks to the characteristics of the engine of simplicity, immediate feeling, reliability, performance and ease of use, with the concept of X30 World, IAME offers a full program for Karting drivers from the year of their 13th birthday (with the correct MSA licence) with an engine that can virtually accompany them along the whole career.

Since the very first introduction on the markets, the X30 has quickly and constantly grown, in the beginning as an engine dedicated to regional series, up to commercial classes promoted under the name of “X30 Challenge”, then introduced as Federative class by federations willing to replace the unsuccessful international classes and recently landed at international level with a European Challenge and an International Final usually held in central Europe.

The success of the X30 categories, basically distinguished in X30 Junior, X30 Senior and X30 Master, comes from the stability and solidity of the engine and from IAME’s constant aim to provide detailed regulations and low management costs of both the vehicle and the race meetings. In 2013 the X30 is present in more than 15 countries and beside the commercial classes.

Rental Kart
The Rental Kart is a fixed gearing corporate kart using a 4 stroke engine for karters who enjoy karting as hobby. They’re equipped with night lights too so you can keep racing them 24/7!

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now. KartSim can be purchased from the store page HERE.

KartSim rF2 Release 7.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I am considering purchasing this Kart DLC. I have one reservation and I haven't read anyone commenting about; does it drive OK with gamepad?

I drive with XBox One controller, which has served me well with all my racing sim major titles (7).

I am considering purchasing this Kart DLC. I have one reservation and I haven't read anyone commenting about; does it drive OK with gamepad?

I drive with XBox One controller, which has served me well with all my racing sim major titles (7).
The X30 in Kartsim is far more stable to drive than the one in rF2. Maybe even a bit too stable and i never spin if i don't go off-track. But that's why i practice in Kartsim for my next e-kart-race, because the focus is driving as fast as possible with smooth inputs. When the rear is stepping out, it's likely more easy to catch than the real kart, but not helping either so I try to avoid it. So Kartsim should be more gamepad-compatible than any other car in rF2.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back