Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

Glad to have news updates on simracing world.
Paul, please It will be awesome if you can get PiBoSo interviewed. Seems there are no info anywhere on who these guys are, other than that they can produce a solid kartsim game.

What a pity this sim hasn't any AI. I understand it's a one person developper (although it relies on the community tracks creation), but after all these years of development and the price tag, AI is a must-have and would convert the title in an instant buy for more sim racers.

Last edited:
What a pity this sim hasn't any AI. I understand it's a one person developper (although it relies on the community tracks creation), but after all these years of development and the price tag, AI is a must-have and would convert the title in an instant buy for more sim racers.

Its not a must have, if the Sim works pretty will in Multiplayer and everything is working good and fixed then its a good idea to Implent AI, but actually it would make a lot of trouble to add the AI now.

We will see what the future will bring but be patient, good stuff need time.

Its not a must have, if the Sim works pretty will in Multiplayer and everything is working good and fixed then its a good idea to Implent AI, but actually it would make a lot of trouble to add the AI now.

We will see what the future will bring but be patient, good stuff need time.
There is still things to fix? I thought it was a finished title, except some issues with the wheel setup (I've read about that on Steam forums).
Well, after so many years, and considering the price, I assume hiring a competent person to fix the details (if the issues are only details) and to add the AI may worth the cost ; no AI is a sales killer feature in a racing game.

On the official forums the developper announced there is no plan for AI implementation, so I'm not sure being patient will change anything. It seems the only possible change would be the consequence of a business decision : taking risks (by paying someone competent in the areas the developper can't take care of himself by lack of knowledge or of time) to improve the sales and to extend the community around the game. I may sound negative, but in its state, the sim looks amazing, many tracks are available, but the price is high for hot laps and multiplayer only. Not everyone wants to get into racing leagues or can afford being available for organized races, or feel competent enough to race in multiplayer.

There is still things to fix? I thought it was a finished title, except some issues with the wheel setup (I've read about that on Steam forums).
Well, after so many years, and considering the price, I assume hiring a competent person to fix the details (if the issues are only details) and to add the AI may worth the cost ; no AI is a sales killer feature in a racing game.

On the official forums the developper announced there is no plan for AI implementation, so I'm not sure being patient will change anything. It seems the only possible change would be the consequence of a business decision : taking risks (by paying someone competent in the areas the developper can't take care of himself by lack of knowledge or of time) to improve the sales and to extend the community around the game. I may sound negative, but in its state, the sim looks amazing, many tracks are available, but the price is high for hot laps and multiplayer only. Not everyone wants to get into racing leagues or can afford being available for organized races, or feel competent enough to race in multiplayer.

I can understand your point of View, but it is a (1) Man Development Team, did you read about any big titles from another 1 Man Development Team ? i think not, so i must clearly respect the Actually Beta Version of the Game is really good.

For sure AI will help a lot, but its not made in 1 day... if you also look to other Games they are not been able to Manage to get a good AI. For sure in Karting the AI is even more difficult then on Car Sim's.

You say that the Price is High but for the Ultimative Karting Simulation i think different, what did you think are the Costs for rFactor Pro ?

Aswell i have to say, Kart Racing Pro is not Finished Developed. In the Last Time there found a lot of New stuff and Ideas by the Community the way into the Game. Be Patient for the future is all i can say, the Sim allready is really amazing and it will be better and better. For the small Budget of a small company i really like to spent my Money on People they doing it with Love then to People like Codemasters they doing it ONLY forn Money.

Please dont kill me, but this is my Opinion in this Case :)

I can understand your point of View, but it is a (1) Man Development Team, did you read about any big titles from another 1 Man Development Team ? i think not, so i must clearly respect the Actually Beta Version of the Game is really good.

Indeed, big successful titles with one unique developper is not a common story, this is the point.
As you read me, I pointed out that, for the price asked, the necessary features (a flawless wheel support and the AI implementation) require to hire someone. A one person project doesn't mean the development is allowed to lack profesionnalism : selling a 36€ sim, compared to other sims on the market (as an example for 30€ you can currently get PCars2 including the season pass ; I'm sure on sale Assetto Corsa doesn't cost much more, maybe less, with all its DLCs), with neverending development, is not profesional.

As a developper, it is for sure an achievement, but as a game producer (2 different jobs) it is a failure. A project with such ambition, being the best kart sim, can't be done by one single person, the state of the sim after years of development makes that statement obvious. I respect the job done, but it is time to make a step further.

Producing a full game requires taking risks by supporting costs ; what was acceptable at the beginning (before sales) is not acceptable anymore (copies have been sold). The thing is that the developper said there won't be any AI, which means he won't invest on external programming ressources for further development of the game (or that something in its coding has been done really wrong, which I do not hope). It's a question of business choice, but it can't be seen as a good signal for patience.

Don't get me wrong, I respect what has been done, but if it was only for passion, the title would be free. Any job has to be paid, the job has been well done but lacks many things. When you start to sell a 36€ product, unfinished, in a (supposed) niche market, it is time to consider to hire people, or working with company who can make your title shine, completing your full initial vision.

I would not dare say Codemasters does it only for money, I'm sure many people are passionnate by their job there. Passion should not be measured by the money you make or not make, some have to eat and make compromises, for example by working for a company (which indeed has to make money to pay these same people and those who paid for the initial risks), others just lose themselves in their passion by making not any compromise and never achieve their dream.

Having a vision and a project, and the technical skills to do it is a gift. Having the ability to lead a project to make it 100% complete (in a reasonable time) and to sell it are 2 other gifts and jobs.
I'm not saying the developper should make a deal with a publisher, after having creating a production team, but at least he should consider paying someone (temporarly) to help him to make a new step in the development of the sim (sales should finance that cost). Or he may be too proud for that, something I hope not because i that case nothing would happen for this game... Getting involved on the PC gaming market alone is not the right way to succeed, that's why we don't hear a lot about successful one man development teams since the beginning of the 90's.

The bad wheel support is a good example of a bad production decision : I would not risk to pay 36€ for the game just for that. Selling a 36€ racing sim, without any strong IP and any strong marketing campaign, with such an issue (still not solved it seems), is a sucidal business decision.

Anyway, although I sound negative, I hope this sim will make a new step, it really seems promising. Steam is full of early access games which never make the next step they need ; technical skills, vision, passion and good intentions have nothing to do with it ; management has something to do with it. I believe in the vision of this sim and will keep having an eye on its development, hoping for the best. I hope one day I'll be a proud owner and user of a copy. ;)

Indeed, big successful titles with one unique developper is not a common story, this is the point.
As you read me, I pointed out that, for the price asked, the necessary features (a flawless wheel support and the AI implementation) require to hire someone. A one person project doesn't mean the development is allowed to lack profesionnalism : selling a 36€ sim, compared to other sims on the market (as an example for 30€ you can currently get PCars2 including the season pass ; I'm sure on sale Assetto Corsa doesn't cost much more, maybe less, with all its DLCs), with neverending development, is not profesional.

As a developper, it is for sure an achievement, but as a game producer (2 different jobs) it is a failure. A project with such ambition, being the best kart sim, can't be done by one single person, the state of the sim after years of development makes that statement obvious. I respect the job done, but it is time to make a step further.

Producing a full game requires taking risks by supporting costs ; what was acceptable at the beginning (before sales) is not acceptable anymore (copies have been sold). The thing is that the developper said there won't be any AI, which means he won't invest on external programming ressources for further development of the game (or that something in its coding has been done really wrong, which I do not hope). It's a question of business choice, but it can't be seen as a good signal for patience.

Don't get me wrong, I respect what has been done, but if it was only for passion, the title would be free. Any job has to be paid, the job has been well done but lacks many things. When you start to sell a 36€ product, unfinished, in a (supposed) niche market, it is time to consider to hire people, or working with company who can make your title shine, completing your full initial vision.

I would not dare say Codemasters does it only for money, I'm sure many people are passionnate by their job there. Passion should not be measured by the money you make or not make, some have to eat and make compromises, for example by working for a company (which indeed has to make money to pay these same people and those who paid for the initial risks), others just lose themselves in their passion by making not any compromise and never achieve their dream.

Having a vision and a project, and the technical skills to do it is a gift. Having the ability to lead a project to make it 100% complete (in a reasonable time) and to sell it are 2 other gifts and jobs.
I'm not saying the developper should make a deal with a publisher, after having creating a production team, but at least he should consider paying someone (temporarly) to help him to make a new step in the development of the sim (sales should finance that cost). Or he may be too proud for that, something I hope not because i that case nothing would happen for this game... Getting involved on the PC gaming market alone is not the right way to succeed, that's why we don't hear a lot about successful one man development teams since the beginning of the 90's.

The bad wheel support is a good example of a bad production decision : I would not risk to pay 36€ for the game just for that. Selling a 36€ racing sim, without any strong IP and any strong marketing campaign, with such an issue (still not solved it seems), is a sucidal business decision.

Anyway, although I sound negative, I hope this sim will make a new step, it really seems promising. Steam is full of early access games which never make the next step they need ; technical skills, vision, passion and good intentions have nothing to do with it ; management has something to do with it. I believe in the vision of this sim and will keep having an eye on its development, hoping for the best. I hope one day I'll be a proud owner and user of a copy. ;)

We will see what the future will brings :)
I like when Steam is full of Early Access, shame that some promising Titles went wrong, not sure at which point someone can say that its out of the Beta state or something.
When i remember right for Battlefield i still get updates until 1 1/2 years.

If you compare to KartKraft they are developing since 2006 and actually there is nothing over excuses and promises.
I think the Market for a pure Karting is to small to Start a big Development Team, i know it's sad.
But for Professional Kart Drivers its perfect, if the Netcode is fixed and League can be started :) this will be the Main Goal for that Sim, its always better to Play a Sim in a good Multiplayer.

We will see us on track

We will see us on track
Ahaha yeah I hope so, then hurry up KSP!!!

Like you when I saw this topic I remembered Karkraft too and it seems on their webpage that there is no official annoucement since 2016. But when I saw the current features of KSP, it seems there's no need for another Kart sim, everything is there, except the AI and a better wheel support (which I think is managable with some tweaks, but users should not have to use some tweaks). Karkraft may have better graphics but it's not that important for me. That's why I am so critical on KSP, it's not far for being the perfect simulator.

Kartsim for rfactor2 is an alternative but they cut down their content and sell the pro version with all tracks to a non reasonable price (as any software, they could sell the same product to regular people and to companies at 2 different prices without cutting the content ; or giving only some tools to the companies ; they already offer more services than the basic software so their business should be elsewhere than the software, so I don't understand their point there). And it relies in rfactor2, which means in a few months their tracks and cars will be visually obsolete.

I'm much more interested in KSP as a stand alone dedicated kart simulator. And I'm sure I'm not the only one, although it may be a small market. But with a good product, a good communication and pricemix, you can create a market. The hype around kartsim was a thing, not as big as Assetto Corsa Competizione for sure, but there was something surprising.

For your information Kart Racing Pro is currently on sale on Steam. 25% off. Still a bit expansive without any AI but with the additional modded tracks, it is currently the kart simulator with the largest number of tracks, and with wet conditions.

Just a feedback from my first laps, in case someone is interested.

As you know, graphics are outdated, but not ugly at all. In VR they are really good, colors and saturation give it a realistic rendering. In wet conditions it's immersive.

The menus are ugly, raw, but easy to use, you don't spend seconds waiting them to open, it's easy to find what you are searching for, I like them but for sure it won't be appealing for many people.

Sound is ok but the game has an issue with the engine being reproduced generally on the left or the right, which kills a bit the immersion (a usual issue with piboso's sims as seen on videos). As it has been a regular issue in many sims before, I'm not sure it bothers people in general.

The driving is really good and enjoyable, the only issue being the lack of track imperfections. Or I may have not encountered a track with a bad tarmac.

Only hotlapping and racing online (empty servers, but there may be some leagues I assume) is the major drawback. This is really bad.

The huge advantage is the available tracks : 7 official and more than 100 modded tracks (131 in a package you can find on the official forum and a few more on others webpages). That's a lot, with quality ranging from awful (looking as bad as the worst F1 challenge modded tracks) to almost official content quality. I haven't tried a lot of these tracks, around 6 or 7, uncluding excellent ones (spa, dijon, suzuka and buenos aires if I remember well).

For training purpose and online racing it's a good sim, with VR fully implemented and various weather conditions, and dynamic track conditions. At full price, mmm, hard to say. In a few years maybe kartkraft will have as much tracks but only in a few years. But in a few months, or weeks, kartkaft should have an AI. In a few months, or years, it will have VR and wet conditions. Dynamic track condions, I don't know. Many things already implemented in KSP, so if you need the best karting experience right now and aren't bothered that much by the lack of AI, it's the sim you need.

Last edited:
Just wondering whether there's anyone here with Kart Racing Pro?

I'd had the free demo for awhile, and decided to buy the full sim today while it's on sale at Steam. My first impressions are really good. Excellent graphics including very straightforward VR support for my WMR headset (which cannot usually be said for most sims), and excellent FFB with my Logi G29. I haven't played with set ups or even all the tracks yet (I'm no set up guru, and know nothing about Karts). Although there's no AI to race against (online only which is not usually my cup of tea), it's challenging and fun to hot lap against your latest ghost lap.

So is anyone else into Kart Racing Pro? Maybe we could share some tips.

If I remember well, you just have to create a "tracks" folder inside the main folder of the game and put all tracks inside (uncompressed, in folder format or in the specific game format, it depends on what you find in the downloaded archives).

I strongly advise you to extract all the archives at once with a tool (I use 7zip), to avoid launching an extracting operation 131 times...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.