Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

Kart Racing PRO Updated.jpg

A new build of Kart Racing PRO recently released on PC.

Independently developed and of surprising quality and depth, Kart Racing PRO is probably not quite as well known as the game deserves to be, although for those of you who have encountered the title before, the improvements keep on trickling through.

The latest build, deployed to the simulation back on April 9th, brings with it some nice improvements and fixes to the game - including the addition of electric karts!

Check out the update notes below:
  • fix: background rendering in high resolution screenshots
  • fix: Mesa 3D shaders errors
  • fix: Evo sidepods in cockpit view
  • fix: seat model in cockpit view
  • fix: M6 nassau number plate position
  • new: number plate background setting
  • new: electric engine support
  • new: spectator support
  • new: option to force no tucking
  • new: option to disable the dynamic track surface
  • new: free roam camera tracking mode
  • new: trackside objects animation support
  • new: live screens support
  • new: Stilo sidepods
  • new: electric kart

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam, exclusive to PC.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow and like us on Social Media!

The demo is worth it for a blast even if you don't get the full game.
Mods sadly are for the most part dire though, the demo is free so get that have a blast. Wouldn't really recommend the full game at 29 quid though...

Got it on sale few.months ago. I must admit it's really impressive (and it has VR support). Hundreds of modded tracks, some better than others, a lot of content to enjoy. But... there isn't any AI. This would have been the number one kart simulator for many years if it was possible to race offline.

It's great to know it's still supported but this update won't bring new racers unfortunately. I would recommend this title to any kart fan who is ok to exclusively hotlap. I'm sure there are some serious online leagues though.

Edit : at full price it's too expensive. Half of a sim for the price of full sims is too much. Bad business model for a company but for a single developper it may be enough.

Last edited:
Kart Racing Pro Release9 Update.jpg

A new build for Kart Racing PRO has been released.

Deployed to the niche kart racing title over the last few days, 'Release9' of Kart Racing Pro brings with it a nice range of fixes and improvements to the title, of which the inclusion of a VR replays is arguably the most interesting for players of the simulation.

Kart Racing Pro is arguably one of the better VR ready racing simulations on the market today, despite the very small scale of the development team (pretty much 1 person) - so it just goes to show, you don't necessarily need a ton of money and a AAA studio to create something rather impressive.

Kart Racing Pro Release9 Notes:
  • fix: karts in the wrong pit during connection
  • fix: pit position when joining as a spectator
  • fix: karts pit state
  • fix: multiple race info chat messages
  • fix: server restart
  • fix: challenge mode
  • fix: connection bandwidth usage optimization
  • fix: mods folder
  • fix: crash when an Arduino Micro is connected as joystick
  • fix: B karts clutch paddle animation
  • fix: trees, wire fences and 3D grass rendering
  • new: detailed data mismatch information
  • new: VR in replay

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam, exclusive to PC.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow and like us on Social Media!

I must admit that I have zero experience with Kart Racing Pro.
But because I have some experience from kart racing in RL my question is: How does the behaviour of the karts in KRP feels compared to RL?

I’m not really interested in karting tbh, but Kartkraft is pretty good. How does this stack up against that?
This sim has been on for a couple years now, and I'd say it's pretty damn good, IMO much better than Kart Kraft, and Piboso made other sims like Motocross, Motorcycle racing (pretty realistic too) and other with formulas & GTs (with some dirt cars and RX cars too

I’m not really interested in karting tbh, but Kartkraft is pretty good. How does this stack up against that?
It depends on what you're interested in. I haven't tried kartkraft ultimately, I'm sure many things have been fixed since then. With KRP you got good base content and literally hundreds of tracks from the community (most of them are really ugly visually unfortunately). VR works fine, physics are good and make sense.

The only issue, a huge one, is that there is no AI. The developper has not the intention to include that feature in the future, so if you buy the game, don't expect anything else than hotlapping and racing online.

I enjoy it, but I must admit it's too expansive for 10 years old visuals and no offline races. If you just want a great experience with karts, on hundreds of tracks, in VR or not, it's a solid title. You won't get as much content in karkraft before the next 5 years. If you want solid offline races, just forget it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back