Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

It was some time ago, can't image that after years of progress they got harder to get around the corner.

Well you should go to a track and watch it byself :) ... much electirc, batteries, Sticker Set for the Designs, Telemetry Data systems, Rear Bumper, more wide Axles, bigger frames, much much more Regulations about the Chassis (Geometric, Magnetic, Material etc. etc.)

YES they are for completly different then in the past

Kart Racing Pro Update 3.jpg

PiBoSo has released a new update to Kart Racing Pro on Steam recently, adding a couple of nice new features to this independently created simulation.

Having not seen much in the way of development love for a little while now, Kart Racing Pro has hit build release 6 - and with it comes a few nice new features such as the inclusion of transparent trainer and the new "M6" bodywork style.

Having been built by niche independent developer PiBoSo exclusively for PC, Kart Racing Pro might lack a little in the graphics department compared to AAA sim racing titles, but that really isn't the main focus of this racing game.. that would be developing a realistic set of physics, something that PiBoSo manages to achieve surprisingly well indeed.

With build 6 now available to download for both for the Steam and standalone versions of the game, you can check out the full changelog notes below:

Update 6 Build Notes
  • fix: HUD in VR
  • fix: TrackIR support
  • fix: animated flags
  • new: trainer transparency
  • new: notifications when the window is minimized
  • new: M6 bodywork
Kart Racing Pro Update.jpg

About the Game

Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.

Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

More features:
  • automotive industry-standard tyre model
  • chassis flex simulation
  • dynamic track surface groove buildup
  • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
  • dynamic marbles generation
  • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
  • user-selectable driver gestures
  • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
  • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
  • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
  • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
  • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools
  • Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support
  • FreeTrack support
  • TrackIR support
  • EDTracker support

Kart Racing Pro Update 2.jpg

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam, exclusive to PC.

Like the new update? What are your impressions of the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Very interested in this title, several of the guys I kart with in rl have been raving about it saying it's the best kart representation on the market with amazing physics.

But did say the price was a bit steep for the amount of content available.

Anyone know if it's part of steam summer sale?

Edit: 25% off on steam $29.99 usd @Paul Jeffrey might be worth adding that to your article.

Last edited:
Are there any reviews from someone who has actual kart experience and sim knowledge and comparing it to KartSim/rF2? A big ask, I know...

For what it's worth several of the guys I race with (rotax drivers) who have played both prefered and raved about the physics in this title compared to the rf2 & AMS versions.

2 run stationary rigs with mid level equipment and other 2 run high end motion rigs with DD wheels.
The only negatives they have mentioned is slow development, price and lack of official content.

Good for practicing new tracks and getting your karting fix......but no racing video game compares to the real thing ;)

Edit: general concensus from the karters was that a dd wheel was a must for the best semi realistic karting experience as anything else can not even come close to generating the forces that a rl kart does.
My experience, 15 hard laps in a rl kart the g forces will put a beating on your hands, wrists and ribs.....something I've never felt sitting infont of a monitor....unless the wife starts hitting me with the broom :)

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get in early and only paid something like €15. There's a lot in this sim considering it was only made by one guy. But it is an old school sim, there's no game, the UI is poor, if you don't know real world karts it can be confusing to even pick a kart and know what it is. Once you get on track it's brilliant though, it was ahead of it's time in some ways having dynamic tracks. But it is a hardcore sim if your into that kind of thing.

I'm an old guy with decades of real driving experience and I have to say this is the most realistic physics I have driven to date, with rF2 kart very close.
I'm thinking the simplistic kart design must be a lot easier to code then a car?

View attachment 257448
PiBoSo has released a new update to Kart Racing Pro on Steam recently, adding a couple of nice new features to this independently created simulation.

Having not seen much in the way of development love for a little while now, Kart Racing Pro has hit build release 6 - and with it comes a few nice new features such as the inclusion of transparent trainer and the new "M6" bodywork style.

Having been built by niche independent developer PiBoSo exclusively for PC, Kart Racing Pro might lack a little in the graphics department compared to AAA sim racing titles, but that really isn't the main focus of this racing game.. that would be developing a realistic set of physics, something that PiBoSo manages to achieve surprisingly well indeed.

With build 6 now available to download for both for the Steam and standalone versions of the game, you can check out the full changelog notes below:

Update 6 Build Notes
  • fix: HUD in VR
  • fix: TrackIR support
  • fix: animated flags
  • new: trainer transparency
  • new: notifications when the window is minimized
  • new: M6 bodywork
View attachment 257446

About the Game

Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.

Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

More features:
  • automotive industry-standard tyre model
  • chassis flex simulation
  • dynamic track surface groove buildup
  • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
  • dynamic marbles generation
  • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
  • user-selectable driver gestures
  • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
  • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
  • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
  • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
  • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools
  • Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support
  • FreeTrack support
  • TrackIR support
  • EDTracker support

View attachment 257447

Like the new update? What are your impressions of the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Have you heard anything about AI?

I have a question: I've used an old release of KRP but I stopped using it because when I tried the real thing I realise that a KZ start to "bounce" in the corner if you choke on the accelerator pedal. Is the handling of the KZ been fixed in the new version of KRP? Thanks.

Kart Racing Pro Updated .jpg

Kart Racing PRO received a new update recently, bringing the karting simulation up to build 7 and adding a new track.

Updates to Kart Racing PRO, a solo development project from the talented PiBoSo have been reasonable steady in the last few months, the sim only receiving minor and infrequent updates since releasing to the Steam platform back in July 2017.

Heading into the final portion of 2018, just over a year on from releasing on Steam (the game was available directly from PiBoSo previously), another new build has been released. Adding some much needed default content in the form of the Nuerburgring Kartbahn, other improvements include very useful fixes and improvements around VR support and other minor adjustments that can be seen below.

Build 7 Release Notes
  • fix: tuck aerodynamic effect
  • fix: Oculus support
  • fix: Mesa 3D shaders errors
  • fix: trainer add crash
  • fix: M6 sidepods
  • new: Nuerburgring Kartbahn

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow and like us on Social Media!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea