Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

@Paul Jeffrey what setup difficulties are you experiencing?

The whole bloody thing! I use a Fanatec CSW v2 and CSP v2, of which it will seemingly only register one or the other..

Steering wheel rotation seems off and gives a very strange response in game (small turn on wheel, massive turn in game), of which any different degrees of rotation I select seem to have no noticeable effect.

Using VR my head position is floating waaaay above the car, with no apparent way to adjust.

When in the pits, if I don't set off within a few seconds (which with the pedal issues isn't likely) then I get an invisible tank ramming me from behind :D

... and the list goes on!

Really wanted to love this game, but seriously unimpressed so far. Feels (in terms of presentation and ease of use, as I haven't actually driven it yet) like a poorly put together mod.

For £10 yeah, I'll keep it. For the price they are asking, I'll probably get a refund and just go karting with the lads irl.

Shame.

The whole bloody thing! I use a Fanatec CSW v2 and CSP v2, of which it will seemingly only register one or the other..

Steering wheel rotation seems off and gives a very strange response in game (small turn on wheel, massive turn in game), of which any different degrees of rotation I select seem to have no noticeable effect.

Using VR my head position is floating waaaay above the car, with no apparent way to adjust.

When in the pits, if I don't set off within a few seconds (which with the pedal issues isn't likely) then I get an invisible tank ramming me from behind :D

... and the list goes on!

Really wanted to love this game, but seriously unimpressed so far. Feels (in terms of presentation and ease of use, as I haven't actually driven it yet) like a poorly put together mod.

For £10 yeah, I'll keep it. For the price they are asking, I'll probably get a refund and just go karting with the lads irl.

Shame.
That's too bad... I am with same wheel/pedals and VR. Combined with Brice's comment on "no braking necessary", I'll probably stay away for now. Even though I wish any racing game developer success.

Thanks for sharing!

That's too bad... I am with same wheel/pedals and VR. Combined with Brice's comment on "no braking necessary", I'll probably stay away for now. Even though I wish any racing game developer success.

Thanks for sharing!

Would suggest trying the demo first though matey, it could just be issues unique to me to be fair. Plus Steam offer a refund if under 2 hours play, so either way you can always back track on your purchase if you think it isn't for you.

I've clocked 45mins so far, so will give it another go in the coming weekend see if I can get it sorted out..

Would suggest trying the demo first though matey, it could just be issues unique to me to be fair. Plus Steam offer a refund if under 2 hours play, so either way you can always back track on your purchase if you think it isn't for you.

I've clocked 45mins so far, so will give it another go in the coming weekend see if I can get it sorted out..
Yes, demo indeed changes the game. Will give it a try when I can.

First do the calibration then use the wizard then set your input devises.
i have 3 different input devices and there all there, in the calibration section, just use the arrows to find them.
t500rs wheel works really smooth,
Fanatic pedales v2
TH8a shifter,

Last edited:
Kart Racing Pro Update.jpg

Impressive karting simulation Kart Racing Pro has been updated recently, bringing a few new fixes and improvements to the independently developed simulation.

Built and released by one man modding team PiBoSo, Kart Racing Pro is a PC exclusive kart racing simulation that aims to offer a realistic and challenging karting experience, to be used as both a commercial training tool and public race sim. As such the game does indeed offer a very realistic feeling experience and simulates some of the biggest names in karting, both in the form of tracks and kart manufacturers.

Having been around for a while now, KRP only recently released to Steam in the last few months and has had a steady trickle of updates come its way. Now on build 'release3', the latest update isn't massive in size but does address some of the existing issues within the game, as well as adding some useful improvements such as the welcome inclusion of animated flags.

Build release3 update notes:
  • fix: jump start detection
  • fix: add trainer
  • fix: kart stand in loaded replays
  • fix: Genk corridors
  • fix: Genk Small pit area
  • fix: Zuera Short
  • new: save and restore of the dynamic track surface between testing sessions
  • new: track category support
  • new: added the automatically saved trainers to the "Add Trainer" dialog
  • new: animated flags

About the Game

Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported.

Kart Racing Pro also allows to host and join online races, with an integrated matchmaking server. During events data is collected, to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.

More features:
  • automotive industry-standard tyre model
  • chassis flex simulation
  • dynamic track surface groove buildup
  • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
  • dynamic marbles generation
  • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
  • user-selectable driver gestures
  • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
  • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
  • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
  • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
  • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools
  • Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support
  • FreeTrack support
  • TrackIR support
  • EDTracker support
Kart Racing Pro Update 2.jpg

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam, exclusive to PC.

Like the new update? What are your impressions of the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I've been waiting for KartKraft to release for forever now, and I really like Karts.
I find the karts in Automobilista really well done. After years of karting i am very picky about kart sims. Personally i think Reiza did a better job in vehicle behavior than KRP pro. I was not really impressed with KRP pro till now. It has some nice specific karting features, like the gestures.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 139 85.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 57 35.2%