Kart Racing Pro

Kart Racing Pro by PiBoSo is out. Download the game/demo: click here

Minimum requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 1.5 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

VR? (I'm not some vr nut demanding it should have it but I have tried karts on single screens and due to the height and the vehicle itself being so small it feels very odd when you can't see anything of the vehicle :p)

I tried to use my KRP activation code in steam and it wont let me..it says its invalid.
Any body else been able to do this.. as i'm not buying the game again i already own all the Piboso stuff.
For me its the best kart game out there even with its limited offline functions, ie no AI
just hope they have sorted the online code as that also let it down more times than i can remember..
But i have not been online with this game for a good couple of years so fingers crossed

Every body seems to like karts but when ever we do them at RD we have, within a couple of weeks nobody signs up for the events. Even though they probably produce some of the best close racing you can have..
maybe we need a actual karting club to run along side the normal racing club :)
According to Piboso, he's working on a way to get Steam keys to those with activation codes. There's discussion about it on the game's Steam community.

Kart Racing Pro 3.jpg

Following a recent release to Steam, Kart Racing Pro has been updated once again, introducing a few VR tweaks and general bug fixes.

Following the recent release to the Steam network last Friday, one man development team PiBoSo has deployed another new update to his Kart Racing Pro title. Adding a few fixes to some issues that have reared their head following the build 1.0 update, the new patch also comes with some interesting VR related work that will no doubt please those interested in Virtual Reality and racing games.

The new build is available today, with the change log viewable below.

Version 2.0 Change Log:
  • fix: connection crash
  • fix: failed connection crash
  • fix: whitelist and blacklist
  • fix: bandwidth setting in the Server Setup page
  • fix: VR tracking reset
  • fix: Vive ( SteamVR ) default tracking position when going to track
  • new: VR reset control setting
  • new: the VR reset control affects the UI virtual screen position, too

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam for £29.99.

Kart Racing Pro 2.jpg
Kart Racing Pro 4.jpg
Kart Racing Pro 5.jpg
Kart Racing pro.jpg

Check out the soon to be added Kart Racing Pro sub forum for news, discussions and mods for this excellent karting simulation.

Have you tried Kart Racing Pro yet? What do you think of the simulation? Has the update improved the experience for you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I hear it is good, however its a PITA to set up. So much so that I'm seriously considering a refund... :(

However if you want the most realistic kart experience, and are willing to go through the pain and overlook some of the more obviously flaws, then yeah, it's probably the one to go for.

• Deleted member 205301

Is it any good?

From my 21 years of experience in go-kart, no, it's not "realistic" .... but for now it's the best karting game you should have. KartKraft isn't more realistic (and not finished, and maybe wil never be), and iracing said they are not abble to do a realistic go-kart (at least thx for honnesty, cause rfactor2 or AMS'karting are really strange)
I use KRP since 6 years (or 5), and it's pretty well, but really too simple (don't really need to brake)...but sensation are well represented
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
From my 21 years of experience in go-kart, no, it's not "realistic" .... but for now it's the best karting game you should have. KartKraft isn't more realistic (and not finished, and maybe wil never be), and iracing said they are not abble to do a realistic go-kart (at least thx for honnesty, cause rfactor2 or AMS'karting are really strange)
I use KRP since 6 years (or 5), and it's pretty well, but really too simple (don't really need to brake)...but sensation are well represented
@++
Brice, in your opinion, what is strange about rF2 karts? Also, are you saying there's no need for braking in Kart Racing Pro?

@Paul Jeffrey what setup difficulties are you experiencing?

Really interesting title, will keep an eye on it :)

• Deleted member 205301

Brice, in your opinion, what is strange about rF2 karts? Also, are you saying there's no need for braking in Kart Racing Pro?
What is strange is a kart oversteering on corner exit...No, a go-kart oversteers in ENTRY (caus of rear brakes or caus of not beeing strictely right), but certainly not on exit (a go-kart is way understeering on exit, except, of course, if you make it slide, but that's another thing...) on Rfactor2 and AMS there is always this strange "torsion" feeling on gaz wich is not IRL, and on Rfactor2 I always felt like something "scrubbing" on the ground, unfortunately, my bad english doesn't allow me to be more precise :(
...And, for the other question (no need to brake), that was something true with olders version (until last year), but to be honest, you still don't need to brake"so much" for finishing a lap (of course, a little "brake touch" will help you to be faster) .....comparing with IRL times, you are about 3 sec faster on KRP, and that's due to braking (general grip is a bit too much too, but much better than 2-3 years ago....)
Don't get me wrong, that title is very interesting, and gives you some great sensation, for now (and for a long time i suppose) it is the best kart racing title (you maybe have kartkraft on closed beta version, as me, and it is, inthat version, not better...)
@++

This title is of interest to me, but currently the price is a bit more than what it may be worth to me and I don't expect a large multiplayer field. I agree that rf2 karts are really funky and not very accurate in their behavior. I do think the AMS karts are pretty good overall though. Not perfect and probably a little off, but I feel they are much closer to what I have experienced.

someone bought this a few days back and returned it within 30 minutes , I wouldnt recommend it after what he was saying , specially at that price 29,99 ??? way too expensive :D

As far as I have tried its undriveable, at least with my steering wheel (old Momo firce). The issue is turning, when turns, it turn so violently with just a little turn-in and constant oversteer on corner exit, that I can hardly catch the kart. Tried to change all the settings, but not much of a difference. And not a sim, actually far from that.
Being a kart driver (shifter), this is far from being any kind of copy of the real thing.
I have contacted the authors 2 times, but no response from them what so ever, so who gives a fu** really. Wanted to help, but this way they will surely not get any money from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
As far as I have tried its undriveable, at least with my steering wheel (old Momo firce). The issue is turning, when turns, it turn so violently with just a little turn-in and constant oversteer on corner exit, that I can hardly catch the kart. Tried to change all the settings, but not much of a difference. And not a sim, actually far from that.
I have contacted the authors 2 times, but no responce from them what so ever, so who gives a fu** really. Wanted to help, but this way they will surely not get any money from me.
was @NeverKrash who bought it ,
and he had nothing good to say either :thumbsdown:

Hmm, interesting. My interest in this would be with the hope or idea that it has more accurate physics than other sims that have karts. Maybe I will get it someday down the road, but not just yet today.

I do hope it is successful and can continue to improve over time though.

Same, i wish developers all the best but. £30 UI from 1994, graphics from 2002. At most id pay £12. It annoys me that when the word Sim is mentioned certain people think that as long as the physics are good enough they can forget everything else. Fss dirt rally had more features than this including current gen graphics for less money. This is looking like a swiz, not a chance in hell.

It just doesn't look impressive.... Kartkkraft does on the other hand but will it ever see the light of day.

Ill give £49.99 when the graphics are srunning, menus are slick and there's a single player championship mode with progression.

It's a lot to ask for but it's marketing itself price wise in a premium category.

We all know next steam sale this will be 80% off.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 464 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.2%
Back