1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Kart Racing Pro Released on Steam

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,536
    Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 5.jpg
    Highly detailed karting simulation Kart Racing Pro has been released by PiBoSo today on Steam, adding the little known title to the largest PC games platform on the market.

Designed by a highly talented one man team, Kart Racing Pro "aim(s) to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options". What's more, the title is highly moddable and benefits from plenty of community built add-on tracks, plus full Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Open VR support!

Steam Release Changelog:
    • fix: memory optimizations
    • fix: controllers calibration bug
    • fix: challenge
    • fix: radiator cover in replays
    • fix: helmet acceleration
    • fix: plugins acceleration
    • new: support for an external mod folder
    • new: engine limiter sound support
    • new: "very high" network connection setting
    • new: Launcher
    • new: MS Kart
    • new: Karting Genk

About the game
    • integrated matchmaking server to provide statistics for drivers' comparison.
    • automotive industry-standard tyre model
    • chassis flex simulation
    • dynamic track surface groove buildup
    • wet track simulation and dynamic drying
    • dynamic marbles generation
    • tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip
    • user-selectable driver gestures
    • output of CSV files with telemetry data to analyze driving sessions
    • a plugins interface allows external programs to receive realtime data from the simulated kart
    • LAN and online racing. Dedicated server available
    • support of custom paint schemes for kart, helmet and suit
    • full modding is possible: advanced users can build new tracks, karts, engines, helmets, ... and integrate them with the provided tools
    • Oculus Rift and HTC Vive ( SteamVR ) support.
    • FreeTrack support
    • TrackIR support
    • EDTracker support

Kart Racing Pro is available now on Steam for £29.99.

Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 1.jpg Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 2.jpg Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 3.jpg Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 4.jpg Kart Racing Pro Steam Release 6.jpg

Check out the soon to be added Kart Racing Pro sub forum for news, discussions and mods for this excellent karting simulation.

Does the move to Steam make Kart Racing Pro an attractive purchasing proposition for you? Have you tried the game yet? Current owner of the title, if so what are your experiences? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +906
    This is reeally cool, great surprise ! :)

However will wait for some first reviews, videos, opinions... But looks like it is a good sim :)

3. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +189
    I don't think there are enough kart racing fans to warrant the cost. If the developers really wanted the game to make an impact, it needs to be priced 30-50% cheaper. I wish the developers the best, but don't see this being a profitable game with a big enough community to keep it going.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +247
    Are they more than 1 developer now? Was always one guy making everything. And the driving in this is awesome. Far from arcade.

5. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT
    Learning stuff, eating cookies. :D Premium

Ratings:
    +219
    I agree about the price, but maybe the game is just a showcase for the developer. It's a way to give their tech some traction and explore the market while recovering a bit of the investment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +189
    I'm not sure. I was saying "developers" as an all encompassing term.

If its a tech demo, then the price is certainly too steep. Testing your tech is better served via Early Access where you charge less money, but with more frequent updates (like NextCarGame: Wreckfest).

After further investigation, I'm convinced this game is way too expensive. There is no way to race in single player mode...its a hot lapping game unless you want / can play online. I realize AC is view this way by many, but at least you have the option to race the AI (as bad as it seems sometimes).

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,369
    I tried to use my KRP activation code in steam and it wont let me..it says its invalid.
    Any body else been able to do this.. as i'm not buying the game again i already own all the Piboso stuff.
    For me its the best kart game out there even with its limited offline functions, ie no AI
    just hope they have sorted the online code as that also let it down more times than i can remember..
    But i have not been online with this game for a good couple of years so fingers crossed

Every body seems to like karts but when ever we do them at RD we have, within a couple of weeks nobody signs up for the events. Even though they probably produce some of the best close racing you can have..
    maybe we need a actual karting club to run along side the normal racing club :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +228
    May be good but pricey as hell. Many options available even if they are not as "pro" as this with karts.

Don't see it selling big costing more than 15€, but I hope it goes as great as it can for the developer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. f1mate_Fisichella

f1mate_Fisichella

Ratings:
    +0
    If I want to do karting I do it IRL for a couple of Euros, not buy a vitrual game for 35 €...

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Miwwa

Miwwa
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Is the playerbase even big enough to be based around multiplayer? Im interested but not $39.99 interested.

11. taylajee

taylajee

Ratings:
    +1
    No AI means no buy for me...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. burrito

burrito
    It's an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Premium

Ratings:
    +389
    VR? (I'm not some vr nut demanding it should have it but I have tried karts on single screens and due to the height and the vehicle itself being so small it feels very odd when you can't see anything of the vehicle :p)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +189
    According to Piboso, he's working on a way to get Steam keys to those with activation codes. There's discussion about it on the game's Steam community.

• Love Love x 1
  14. snezana

snezana

Ratings:
    +2
    no single player racing offline?this is a nonstarter for me.I love kart racing and would buy this game right now if there was single player AI to race.

15. Lucanus69

Lucanus69
    Premium

Ratings:
    +105
  16. Duke55

Duke55
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Yup, for $39.99AUD it'll be passed on. If it gets down around half that, it might get a few buying into it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,369
    Has any body got a working Dedicated.ini that i can have, i cant seem to get mine to work,
    i used to run this game and run a dedicated server but for some reason its not allowing me now

18. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,369

Attached Files:

19. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,369
    Our very own voice of RD @Joseph Wright gave me a link last night to be able to convert my old licence key into a steam key :thumbsup:
    http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/steam.php
    This way you can now run it through steam and it will update itself and be part of you steam catalog..

Only problem is, its reject my key as invalided. :(
    even though it unlocks the game for me...
    time to contact customer support... :)

20. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,369
    Super fast reply from Piboso,:notworthy::notworthy:
    I had forgot i bought the game using a different pay pal account
    all good now
    game now on steam.. :)