Jaguar Confirm Electric Single Make Series, Begins 2018

Yeah, a bit sad to see some of the beauty's to be crashed. But atleast we can see them still in proper action and not just see them standing in collection's etc. Fading away... The more they race them i hope the more people understand how s..t these electric useless piece of... Yeah whatever thing's are. Those thing's dont have soul, no... Absolutely nothing. Idiotic real life-size rc-car's, Bah...
As much as I LOVE historic cars, I don't get them actually racing nowadays. When they were new they were all in good shape (still, the set ups of all those carbs and stuff could be so different), but now they're all restored and irrelevant in a way. The same race-prepped historic cars can have absolutelly different performances. What's the point in racing them with that kind of aggression? Yeah it's amazing that they run and race, but why take it so seriously? It's irrelevant anymore.
Racing is racing... Honestly I find more problem about electric cars in owning and using them in everyday life, than in racing. Racing will be fine.

F1 was just an example as way invented or made popular disc brakes, carbon fibre and aero parts. And to my knowledge that happened before your examples
The aero parts existed before I think, on the Chaparral cars.

But for the development of road car ideas, the WEC I think that is a better test bank.

Right, the future. I wonder how many kilometers these batteries hold until the capacity-loss is really beating in... And it has to be changed.

It's just a little hype-ish, I can smell the first big e-mobility-scandals in relationship to the chemicals used in that things and the massive energy-consumption by producing it on the verge of future. They told you, it's all good for the enviroment. Yeah, like they said about the diesel before. They'll always lie to you in order to maximise profit. Time will tell, just wait a few years.

3... 2.... 1.... GO! zzzzzzzzzzzzz.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzz
It will be like watching electric RC cars racing.
Apologies that I misquoted now that I edited it to suit
BTW, not sounds like you never seen a pro R/C race which I rather watch to F1 now and is far more entertaining and brutal (watch the collision at the title deciding round when Matsukura tried a big air to gain the lead but landed on Hartson before they were close to the finish line)

Last edited:
Will spend as much time watching this as formula E, ie, nil ( as much time as F1 too, before someone starts going on about "the future" again ). The electric touring-car idea sounds interesting, hybrid touring-car might be a bit more interesting still.

I live in a rural area entirely comprised of hills - full electric cars have to make a revolutionary step up before they're usable here. IIRC the UK govt is banning pure ICE from 2040, but not hybrids? alt-fuel hybrid would seem a reasonable area to look at given we're a bit stalled on mass production battery tech still. You can put practically anything combustable in a diesel engine, it doesn't have to be dug out of the ground.

My fascination with all things electric is not linked to racing.

It is linked the people like Volvo saying they will sell an all electric lineup by 2025 or something.

How they can make that assumption is staggering to me considering the state of electrical powered cars right now.

I do feel that as consumers, those that can afford new or nearly new cars (I never will be able to) are being blackmailed away from fossil fuels.

F1 was just an example as way invented or made popular disc brakes, carbon fibre and aero parts. And to my knowledge that happened before your examples

The post WW2 'Indy' cars introduced disc brakes, turbos and turbo diesel power, during the 1920s and 30s the use of multi-valve small capacity engines with Centrifugal Superchargers was the norm, while Ground Effects and Wings appeared in the CanAm via Jim Hall's cars.
Electric Cars are nothing new, they were around at the beginning of the 20th Century, as were Steam powered vehicles.
Carbon Fibre has been used in Aviation well before 1980 something (IIRC) when Colin Chapman and John Barnard argued about which one of them 'introduced' it first as a major structural material.
The Automotive Industry has hardly taken on Formula 1 as a research tool, publicity is their target.
My 2c worth.
:whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back