Jaguar Confirm Electric Single Make Series, Begins 2018

We all sit in front of screens with toy wheels, chairs and computers but stick our nose up electric cars.. We all love racing so find it hard to understand why people look down at something new... people say am not watching F1 it's not like the old days.... Ohh well your loss.. Open your minds learn to accept and adapt..... You guys should stick to using cassette tape..
Mmmm... I'm still using vynil and cassettes. I'm not joking

Mmmm... I'm still using vynil and cassettes. I'm not joking
Vynil and tape sounds better......i take it your still using CRT monitors and still playing....................... :):D
bc2hlkhx4rloudzuhuxj.jpg

if this thing has a gear box then im a little happier about it as racing in one gear is meh to me as you remove an element of skill but i think i would rather watch this race series over Formula E, also can we see some racing on normal race tracks please :)

I'm not against electric in the town, b
that's because people are not ready for cars without grills, like new Teslas with duck face

it's electric, so it might as well be SUV :) hehe

I love hybrids in racing, but not electric cars
a lot of american and japanese cars in late 80s- early 90s had a tendency to move grille from the headlight level to the bumper, so it had illusion of no grille. And some of them were very beautiful, have to say.

I'd love electric vehicles in the town, tho. But in my mind they are not the full-size cars, more like Smart. The latest Honda EV concept is nice.
dims

@plnet There are many E-types like that rusting, and no one cares to restore them. Jaguar built rather many of them, and not all of them are pristine today. So why some of you guys got suddenly hurt that one was possibly restored and turned into an electric car ?

@plnet There are many E-types like that rusting, and no one cares to restore them. Jaguar built rather many of them, and not all of them are pristine today. So why some of you guys got suddenly hurt that one was possibly restored and turned into an electric car ?

The only E Type worth owning (other than a lightweight) was the second series 4.2, the original was plagued with a nasty Moss gearbox and the later models were overweight, while the less said about the V12 Abomination the better.
Expensive to maintain but to a 21 year old Officer Cadet at RMC Duntroon an 'E' was the ducks nuts for a swift trip to Sydney on weekend leave.
:cool:

People keep forgetting that the combustion engine doesn't need to run on fossil fuels. It can run on ANYTHING that combusts, and may i remind you all that in some countries in the world cars run on ethanol created from plants or other renewable means.

The eletric battery car is a dead end, and it is just the next big thing so a few can earn millions at the expense of the many. Besides, i am still waiting to see how can they bring the price of something as rare as lithium down...

Last edited:
In a way I think I prefer an electric touring car series to a formula series. The racing may offset the lack of noise/drama watching them go round.

It's also more road relevant, it will probably allow Jaguar to test out various ideas that could transfer to road going hybrid/electric solutions.

So I won't bash it until I see it racing and see what the on-screen results are like.

As mentioned above though (apart from the lack of noise) my biggest gripe with Formula E is some of the circuits are just too damn narrow. They visit these amazing cities and they could let their imagination run wild with some great layouts and they always seem to settle on what looks like racing in a car park! :laugh::rolleyes:

With what the UK government are planning on with regards to the selling of petrol cars in the future (and I see the States of Guernsey are also looking at following these lovely guidelines too) the future is unfortunately electric for new cars. As others have mentioned it's sad but true.

Having said that though I found a lovely 2nd hand Audi S8 with the Lambo V10 in the front, I'd better be quick....;):laugh:

On a sidenote I think that pretty much tells all of us where Jaguar and it's marketing team are with regards to motorsport in general. The F-Type GT3/GT4 project appears to have stalled, no news on a WEC or a GTE car. I think the only petrol Jaguar racing we'll have to cheer on is the Emil Frey team but if they don't get the support from Jaguar soon I think they'll switch completely to the new Lexus.

....and yes those classic Jaguars at Goodwood were glorious. I'm not heavily into classic racing (couldn't identify all the cars like some) but I enjoy a good race and there was some awesome racing that weekend :thumbsup:

People keep forgetting that the combustion engine doesn't need to run on fossil fuels. It can run on ANYTHING that combusts, and may i remind you all that in some countries in the world cars run on ethanol created from plants or other renewable means.
That's the point people are missing and that shows something very wrong is going on.
The future should be a mix of tech, yet govt is banning ICE and using public money to fund "green" tech, when you do this someone that could find a fluid that would work in current engines, maybe run 2x the distance and with 0 polution will move his research to battery instead because that's where they are being told to go. Cant people see what is going on here?

Waste of money. This is not racing we used to know and love. The Jaguar animal screaming in this video is louder than all the cars combined. Keep the electric **** to road cars/daily driven work horses and keep motorsport a fascinating experience with things you never see on the road.

Let F1, DTM & Co. do the technical stuff.

They're doing a good job crashing classic cars at Goodwood, so yeah, electric times are near :p
Yeah, a bit sad to see some of the beauty's to be crashed. But atleast we can see them still in proper action and not just see them standing in collection's etc. Fading away... The more they race them i hope the more people understand how s..t these electric useless piece of... Yeah whatever thing's are. Those thing's dont have soul, no... Absolutely nothing. Idiotic real life-size rc-car's, Bah...

I am not hurt, I just don't see a point in restoring it with an electric engine. Restore it and exhibit it in a museum even without engine? That would be fine, but this is weird. I admit that the worst part for me is the dashboard of the electric E-type and in general it is mixing things which don't fit together.

Vynil and tape sounds better......i take it your still using CRT monitors and still playing....................... :):D
bc2hlkhx4rloudzuhuxj.jpg
xD. I'm using vynil because I love that sound. The digital... meeh. Still using FLAC.

And cassettes, for the car.

Is because I love 70-80-90 sounds.

The good part for the CRT is the low time response.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%