Jaguar Confirm Electric Single Make Series, Begins 2018

Series sponsor confirmed:

iu

I almost feel ashamed that here I come moaning about this "future" and how stupid it is, but forgive me please :p
There was very good point in latest video of Regular Car Reviews (chevy bolt episode), that electric cars are mainly for those who have garages.
For many of us, European-type city residents it is tricky. Where do you suppose to charge the car overnight if you live in the downtown? There must be EV sockets on the street, in the parking spot, but how many? Minding how many cars are in the car parks around each house. And are you supposed to plug your car in, then just leave? What if someone unplugs your car in the night and in the morning you're stuck in the parking lot?

Good looking car, but me thinks they gonna go off- road. Looks more ready for a Dakar. The future!!!! overnight charging?????. Solar add-ons for systems

in Amsterdam there is a socket station on basically every street. At this point, with only few electric cars it works nicely, or so I've heard. Someone also told me they use streetlights in Norway as a loading station, easy to convert, linked to the grid already. This provides dozens of sockets a street. For me, living in a house, I'd probably build a little solar powered socket station next to my carport and plug in there, if that is technically feasible.
Back to the racing: The street circuits used in Formula E are very very tight, this car looks too cumbersome to me to provide good racing there, sth. along the lines of a mazda miata would seem more logical, but I guess the idea is to sell cars in Bejing and not to produce good racing ...

Guys we lovers of V-something noisy racecars are Dinosaurs that will disappear in some decades
Future of cars is electric and future of racing is electric too
Even if we dont like it

So we are just wasting time commenting sarcastically on every article about electric race cars...

This E thing is a great idea, very nice and zero emission...but producing the battery of a moder e-car like the Tesla-S produces thame Co² like a modern diesel engine powerd car in 200.000km!

So what the hell is so damn clean with those e-cars???
Why is everyone jumping on the e-motorsport hypetrain?

its nothing more like a big PR thing for all manufacturers and has nothing to do with motorsport...

We all sit in front of screens with toy wheels, chairs and computers but stick our nose up electric cars.. We all love racing so find it hard to understand why people look down at something new... people say am not watching F1 it's not like the old days.... Ohh well your loss.. Open your minds learn to accept and adapt..... You guys should stick to using cassette tape..

Right, the future. I wonder how many kilometers these batteries hold until the capacity-loss is really beating in... And it has to be changed.

It's just a little hype-ish, I can smell the first big e-mobility-scandals in relationship to the chemicals used in that things and the massive energy-consumption by producing it on the verge of future. They told you, it's all good for the enviroment. Yeah, like they said about the diesel before. They'll always lie to you in order to maximise profit. Time will tell, just wait a few years.

This E thing is a great idea, very nice and zero emission...but producing the battery of a moder e-car like the Tesla-S produces thame Co² like a modern diesel engine powerd car in 200.000km!

So what the hell is so damn clean with those e-cars???

This has already been debunked as a really poor study.
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/06/22/swedish-ev-battery-study-sucks/

Don't get me wrong, I love a throbbing V8, but saying that e-cars would be worse than any fossil fuled ones is just wrong.They are far from perfect yet, but still cleaner.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%