ISO VLM GTPC Conversion

Cars ISO VLM GTPC Conversion 1.8 Patch part 2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,

For some reason I am also having a problem extracting the version 1.6 and 1.8 files. Downloaded all of them ,but does give me a corrupt message. Don't know where I'bve gone wrong.

[QUOTE = "Porsche962C, message: 3313556, membre: 205499"]
Salut,

Pour une raison quelconque, j'ai également un problème pour extraire les fichiers de la version 1.6 et 1.8. Téléchargé tous, mais me donne un message corrompu. Je ne sais pas où je me suis trompé.
[/CITATION]
I couldn't did it with my winrar version. i used 7zip.

It's probably worth renaming the two downloaded files to something else so it's obvious what is what when you extract them. It's worth noting as well that the file extracted from part 2 will not be recognised but it is correct that way.

Last edited:
Quick question: Should there be Realfeel entries for the cars?

No, because the way the realfeel is implemented in the mod means it borrows another cars existing realfeel entry. The benefit is that you have feedback that works out of the box, the downside is that any changes to the FFB of the Lancia, for example, will alter the entry for the Lancer Cup cars.

I think a less intrusive implementation would be creating a seperate realfeel entry for the mod and providing a text file with suggested values for each car that could be pasted into the realfeel config file (sounds more complicated than it is!).

I've raised this with Richard before and he seems happy with the current method, though. Just be wary that changing your FFB here will effect another Reiza car.

I’m going to suggest an alternate method for extracting the content. WARNING: This involves using the command prompt. I actually think this may be more straight forward for some people despite the additional typing at the prompt.
[1]
As already mentioned, have all four files downloaded to the same folder:
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.001.zip
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.002.zip
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.003.zip
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.004.zip

[Info]
Each of the files you downloaded contains a portion of a single large .7z archive file. Practically speaking, you need to recombine the four “portions” back into one file.

[2]
Unzip each of the four files into a single folder. This can be the same folder you used for the downloads or another one. The important point is that the unzip destination for all four zip files must be the same folder.
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.001.zip -> unzips to HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.001
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.002.zip
-> unzips to HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.002
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.003.zip
-> unzips to HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.003
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.004.zip
-> unzips to HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.004

[3]
Open a command prompt and navigate to the destination folder you used for the unzipping in the previous step. Let’s assume that was D:\Downloads\AMSstuff . Enter a ‘dir’ command to make sure you see the four “portion files” with the numeric file name endings.

D:\Downloads\AMSstuff> dir
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.001
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.002
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.003
HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.004

[4]
We will use the plain old ‘copy’ command with an uncommon option to recombine the four portion files into the single large .7z archive file. Please note where spaces are present and were they are not present.. It's important that there are no spaces between the "portion files" and the plus signs.

D:\Downloads\AMSstuff> copy /B HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.001+HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.002+HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.003+HSO_GTPCAMS.7z.004 HSO_GTPCAMS.7z

FYI: This is using the standard Windows copy command to perform what is known as a “binary append” or “binary concatenate” operation.

[5]
Enter another ‘dir’ command at the prompt and you should now see a single large 1.56 GB HSO_GTPCAMS.7z file along with your four “portion files”.

You can now use the utility of your choice to open HSO_GTPCAMS.7z and extract its contents into your AMS directory as you do with most any other mod. The four original .zip files you downloaded as well as the four “portion files” with the numeric endings are no longer needed. You can just keep the single 1.56 GB HSO_GTPCAMS.7z file if you want to hang onto the installer.
This is an absolutely amazing method....thank you so much for helping us.

Hi Richard, thanks for this nice mod. the cars are absolutely racing history. Unfortunately I have temperature problems with Nils physics. The engine revs up after one lap. Is there a setting for cooling the motor. The setup setting is 1 and cannot be selected. Greetings Utti from AMS-League, DirtyAirRacer

I'm a little late to the party, I know. Thank you, Richard and team . This is probably one of the best mods for Automobilista I have tried. I love the look, the feel, the sound, the physics.

Thank you, BillGuy for the heads up on editing the .HDV files so that I don't miss so many shifts.

Hey, i cant extract the mod files with 7zip. I tried to download the mod again because I was thinking that the files are crashed.
Do you guys have a solution or a tip for me?

Hey, i cant extract the mod files with 7zip. I tried to download the mod again because I was thinking that the files are crashed.
Do you guys have a solution or a tip for me?
What soft did you use for extract ? if you use winrar, test with winzip

Last edited:
Can someone please help. I can only get part 2 to come up when I click the other links, I am redirected only to Part 2.
Have you downloaded both parts? If so have them in the same download directory (next to each other). Open part 1, part 1 will then find part 2 and unzip that also. You need 7zip to do this though. If that's not your issue then I think you've just hit the download button on this car mod. You need to go to the history tab and download both parts. Then follow the above directions.

@
Have you downloaded both parts? If so have them in the same download directory (next to each other). Open part 1, part 1 will then find part 2 and unzip that also. You need 7zip to do this though. If that's not your issue then I think you've just hit the download button on this car mod. You need to go to the history tab and download both parts. Then follow the above directions.
I apologize I was looking under updates instead of history. I found the first part now. Thank you!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back