rF2 ISI GT-Multi Class @ Sao Paulo - Wed 5th Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry, that was meant to read 'no stopper', not 'one stopper'. I haven't done a full race sim yet but I suspect I will do one or two stops in the GTR and still be faster than I would with no stops in the Camaro.
yeah but it's multiclass, they're not suppose to be evenly matched.

True. I'll be interested to see if anyone can make that Camaro faster for them over 45 minutes. It was my first time in it and it felt like Formula Dump Trucks.
They probably wont cause it is intended to be that way. It is gt1 vs gt1, gt2 vs gt2 etc. You aren't meant to win the race outright in the gt3 camaro against a gt1 gtr (not saying it cant happen for some reason though). :D it would make more sense if there were a variety of cars for each class but we only have one for each at the moment.

At certain tracks the Corvette and Camaro are close. EG Palm beach a few weeks ago.

The GTR needs 255 kg of ballast to make it close.
I haven't done a race distance in the Nissan GTR GT1 but I reckon it would be very very hard to last without a stop.
We did a 45 min at the indycar road circuit which is pretty easy on tyres and they were going off at the end.
Bahrain they were ok just and Bahrain is pretty easy on tyres.
Here at Sao Paola when I did some setup the car was getting a lot of tyre wear.
If some can no - stop and the GTR needs a stop it may make it interesting.

Hot tip: try both the 2009 and 2010 engine if you are in the Vette. and they both need very different gearing due to a low rev limit on the 2009.

The Camaro responds very nicely to setup. It goes from a truck like feeling to a GT3 type feeling.

A small idea about a reasonable laptime with the Camaro?

We don't mention our lap times before the race. It keeps the excitement until the race. :)

Like you probably already noticed: mentioning lap times without the exact road and weather conditions mean nothing. And a hot lap can be 2-3 seconds faster than racepace. It can give a wrong impression and some people sign out for that.

So if you want to know want to know lap times: Go on the server and meet some people on the track. ;)

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB GT

Server is changed to another machine. The GetMod is not working with a password on that machine.

So if you didn't have logged into server and don't have the server Vmod: you need to download it here and manually install it in the mod manager.

MOD: Download

Sorry for this...

They probably wont cause it is intended to be that way. It is gt1 vs gt1, gt2 vs gt2 etc. You aren't meant to win the race outright in the gt3 camaro against a gt1 gtr (not saying it cant happen for some reason though). :D it would make more sense if there were a variety of cars for each class but we only have one for each at the moment.

Oh right, I see. Le Mans-ish. So we'll have 4 different winners. I've done most of my setup work in the GTR so I guess I'm committed to that class now.

I think I'll go for the gtr, it's a lot easier for me to drive and I manage to run consistent lap times without wasting too much the tyres.. In practise.. I'm a little worried about the race though :D

Let's see what a rookie can do whitout even making a set up :D:laugh:

Last edited:
A small idea about a reasonable laptime with the Camaro?

We don't mention our lap times before the race. It keeps the excitement until the race. :)

Like you probably already noticed: mentioning lap times without the exact road and weather conditions mean nothing. And a hot lap can be 2-3 seconds faster than racepace. It can give a wrong impression and some people sign out for that.

So if you want to know want to know lap times: Go on the server and meet some people on the track. ;)
and you lose that lovely feeling when you feel you have nailed it, setup feels spot on, line, technique. Yep this is the week that will show them the latent talent that has been lying under layer after layer of issues is really there and you are a force. :cool:Then you come onto the server and find you are +4 sec:confused:.
But then you find another 2 sec:).
Yep its RD RF2 multiplayer.:ninja:

Grid looks great it's going to be a lot of fun. For some reason it won't let me choose the vette tho? Only shows the Gtr camaro and 370?

Grid looks great it's going to be a lot of fun. For some reason it won't let me choose the vette tho? Only shows the Gtr camaro and 370?
Yes I'm glad to see good numbers for these cars, they offer such great racing. My favourite is The GTR GT1 but Ive had fun in the Vette and the Camaro too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back