rF2 ISI GT-Multi Class @ Sao Paulo - Wed 5th Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I been through this before, rules in RD are hold your line. When I get to a safe place I let of the gas and let you through. If you want to pass a me going into a corner, your doing it at yours and my risk. Even if this was a blue flag race that's not how you pass a slower driver. Just saying if I have this wrong please correct me. Other than that it was a lot of fun guys, thanks for the setups, Simon and Jason. See on the next one.

Your correct Jeff, I did see the replay. Not your fault. :)
BTW: James has edited his post. ;)

Ok, I am sorry @Jeff Lasecki. I thought blue flags applied in this series but I was wrong. Anyway I guess it was just unlucky me ending up in the barrier ;). It was fun while I was racing :) and thanks Gijs for organising it :)

Well that was huge fun for me. Many thanks to @Gijs van Elderen for making it possible.

I qualified 5th in the Nissan GTR. I don't quite remember the lap time but I believe it was just under a second from the pole time (unless that changed near the end. I didn't see the final quali result).

I didn't realize we were doing a rolling start so I was unprepared for that. I guess I got a bit nervous about that and then I had to go really slowly round the outside of T1 and I just cocked it up badly and spun at the first corner. I came back in 17th place and commenced a pretty thrilling race. One of the highlights was going side by side for a few corners with @Yuri Kasdorp. I must have raced with just about everyone but the top 2 at some point.

I pitted on lap 15 for fuel and new tires. I regret that for a couple of reasons. My front tires were only just in the yellow at that point so I think it might have been better to start with full fuel and not stop at all. Also, if I was committed to pitting, it would have been better to wait a few more laps. I think I would have lost less time in traffic that way.

I was in fourth by lap 24 or 25 when @Leonardo Tuma came out of the pitlane right in front of me. Suddenly the podium was a possibility which I hadn't considered because he was so far ahead of me on the previous lap and I assumed he had already pitted. If I had pushed a little harder I might have come out in front of him and kept him behind. Instead though I came out behind and tried desperately to stay with him. Unfortunately as we were lapping @Jason Skyring on lap 27 or 28 I got a little impatient. We went side by side through T11, with me on the outside and a little behind and probably right in his blind spot. I ran out of room approaching T12 and it ended with me spun around and all my tires flatspotted. In the dying laps I was just limping around, trying desperately to make it to the end. @Tomek Sobanski got me on the last lap and I finshed fifth. Great fun and well done to the winner (Lionel, was it?).

Q: Just got P1 in class in the last lap with less then 0.1s in front of Tapio. I was happy with that because i needed to overtake one of the gt4s in this lap.

R: At the start i was on the outside of T1 behind a lot of GT1 and Tapio had an amazing start and was able to put some of the GT1s between us. But after a few laps they were gone and i was on his tails. At the same time the gap to Jason behind was increasing constantly. I followed Tapio lap by lap because it was very difficult to try a save pass. I saw that he start sliding a bit and came to the conclusion to wait behind him until the tire wear starts to getting worse on his car while i was watching after my tires. Then Tapio missed his brake point in T4 and i was able to pass him. I could increase my pace again a bit so that i had quickly a comfortable gap to Tapio. The rest of the race i only tried to drive it save home. I let the pitted GT1s past easy on the straight because they were just to fast to fight against them. I finished in P1 in class and in P6 overall. So i had fun all the way and most times some cars around me :thumbsup:

@Jeff Lasecki the next time i ask you to let me pass at the straight so that you dont think you need to let me pass immediately ;)

nice race, great battle with Dawid's;) First with O'Reilly then with Cook. When i saw you slow down and i'll get 4-5 sek/lap i was prayer to not finish the race at this lap:D I'll start last lap with 5 sek to You Dawid.

@D. O'Reilly fight was tuff but fair:) 2 or 3 times switchback:p For me that was first race ever on GTR, i dont like car with wheel mon the right side;)

Qualifying was disappointing but at the end starting from 4th was not too bad, Race start was good and by the end of Lap 1 I was second, kept pace with Lionel and pushing hard, did 5 fuel saving laps near the end and pushed the last 3 laps again, Not expecting to win in my first GTR race but it was good feeling. THX to Gijs for arranging this race !!

It was fun. I didn't have a Corvette setup on my new computer so I just went with quickly modified default setup. Pace was good overall but the tires couldn't take it so I was sliding and locking all the time. Next time it won't be that easy Simon ;)

Guys, how much faster/slower the Corvette than the Camaro here? Was there any difference?
I was able to be competitve with the Corvettes in the Camaro, the only problem I had was that my tires kept overheating when I pushed so I had to lower my pace a bit. I think I lost 10 seconds in a spin and finished 30 seconds or something behind the first Corvette so I'd say they're pretty equal.

It was a fun race. I didn't do well competition-wise but since it was only my second online race and had just a couple of hours in the Camaro in total it went fairly well. Unfortunately I did something pretty early that resulted in a spin and the overheated tires and racing-nerves caused me to repeat myself a couple of times on the same lap. That also broke the brakes (locked very easily?) somewhat so I had a hard time breaking. Span out some more and Gijs van Elderen promptly honked the horn when passing in his gt4... :)

Thanks all!

Guys, how much faster/slower the Corvette than the Camaro here? Was there any difference?

I was able to be competitve with the Corvettes in the Camaro, the only problem I had was that my tires kept overheating when I pushed so I had to lower my pace a bit. I think I lost 10 seconds in a spin and finished 30 seconds or something behind the first Corvette so I'd say they're pretty equal.

I would say the difference is between 1 and 0.5 seconds. So nothing compared to the gap to the GT1 or GT4s.
I might be being really thick here....
There were Corvettes in this race?:confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back