Is VR dead?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 197115

It was just a matter of time

Seen from my chair its peoples own choice if they will support this company - and thereby accept that they will get spammed by ads.:sneaky:

Download Facebook Purity and you can filter out all the ads and all the recommended content, news, etc.. leaving you with only your timeline.

Or if you are willing to pay each year, so you are not what is being sold..

• Deleted member 197115

Download Facebook Purity and you can filter out all the ads and all the recommended content, news, etc.. leaving you with only your timeline.

Or if you are willing to pay each year, so you are not what is being sold..
Why not just stop using it, did that long time ago.
1576343097149.png

Seen from my chair its peoples own choice if they will support this company - and thereby accept that they will get spammed by ads.:sneaky:
A much better idea is to stop using Facebook. No Faceache and no adds. Win win :D
"A much better idea"
Better than what?
Looks like you are reading a lot into my comment that is not there.
To the contrary of you Im not telling people what they should do.:cool:

My comment is a pretty neutral one. A socalled conditional (if-then) structured comment.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: There is a reason I dont have a Facebook account - but Im not telling people that they should get rid of one - if they dont care about the spam and ad issues.;)

I only have about 50 FB friends and I enjoy communicating with them. I see no adds in FB. I flew out to Dallas to get some experience on a milling machine and metal lathe with a guy who I met on FB.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

When they track your FB activity is one thing, but collecting VR usage for God knows what purpose with no way to opt out, that's a huge privacy invasion.
From my understanding, the only way around is to use dummy FB account in VR so they cannot associate that data with your real profile. But there are other things like IP address that can still link two together, if needed.

When they track your FB activity is one thing, but collecting VR usage for God knows what purpose with no way to opt out, that's a huge privacy invasion.
From my understanding, the only way around is to use dummy FB account in VR so they cannot associate that data with your real profile. But there are other things like IP address that can still link two together, if needed.

I don't have an Oculus Rift anymore and I haven't even used an Oculus Game using ReVive in ages. Are you suggesting that they have software loaded like a Trojan horse on any system with Oculus software even if the Oculus software isn't running?

If you check the link above you dont have to read between the lines to realise that they dont have to install any illegal trojan locally on your puter.
Its enough as mentioned to link your 2 Facebook accounts(FB/OR) and probably also your IP adress.
Google does the same with Google, Youtube and Gmail. ;)

"A much better idea"
Better than what?
Looks like you are reading a lot into my comment that is not there.
To the contrary of you Im not telling people what they should do.:cool:

My comment is a pretty neutral one. A socalled conditional (if-then) structured comment.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: There is a reason I dont have a Facebook account - but Im not telling people that they should get rid of one - if they dont care about the spam and ad issues.;)
It rather looks as if you're taking my comments too seriously: it was meant strictly tongue in cheek, hence the big grin smiley.
Personally, I find the whole social media BS ( facebook, twitter. instagram etc ) one of the worst aspects of internet, I find most of it is shallow and often mis-informed. But hey, that's just me. I don't have any desire to tell anyone what they should do about anything, I don't even care what other people do with their lives, as long as they let me do my thing and leave me alone, I'm happy. :)

It rather looks as if you're taking my comments too seriously: it was meant strictly tongue in cheek, hence the big grin smiley.
Personally, I find the whole social media BS ( facebook, twitter. instagram etc ) one of the worst aspects of internet, I find most of it is shallow and often mis-informed. But hey, that's just me. I don't have any desire to tell anyone what they should do about anything, I don't even care what other people do with their lives, as long as they let me do my thing and leave me alone, I'm happy. :)

I agree that there is a PILE of complete BS out there. I stay away from public areas, haven't used my Twitter account much in over 5 years, and don't have an instagram account.

I have my security settings locked down on FB. Only my friends can see my posts or reply to them and I consider my friends to be very intelligent and fairly enlightened individuals. We don't always agree on everything, but the conversations are always civil and usually interesting.

With the FB Purity and my small base of interesting people, FB works well for me.

Not really understand thi?
It is a driver level feature but only works with a few selected titles?
Hope this is something that will be made available for all titles with user select. Now it might not work with all titles but let us decide!

Not really understand thi?
It is a driver level feature but only works with a few selected titles?
Hope this is something that will be made available for all titles with user select. Now it might not work with all titles but let us decide!

It's been tested/validated with those titles. Not that it won't work at all with others.

I am asking as I downloaded the driver and see no way to activate.
Dis try RF2.
And the menus does look more blurred when you look at the to the side?
Nut see not differents in game? Now that could be a good thing!
I has excellent clear display but was only hot lapping but even that i normally see some frame drops around the pits.
But didn't notice any this time.
Could be changed in super sampling size as i have to reset it to 140% again and not sure if that was the same amounts of pixels as before. But it looked great.
Just a warning! It is a DCH driver but even my old games worked!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back