Is converting GSCE tracks to AMS possible?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all.

I've been testing our almost released BTCC 2015/16 mod for quite a while now..

But i wanted to try them on some actual British Circuits like @Patrick Giranthon 's Croft.

But when i converted it to AMS And went to load up the tracks so much errors about the Cloudmesh or something popped up... Is this normal? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to convert Patrick Mugello from GSCE to AMS.
I've modified the .scn file like this :

MASRandomFile=CloudsRandomA
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS
MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=sdiMugello.MAS
MASFile=sdiMugelloMaps.MAS
Masfile=commonmaps.MAS

but the track don't load and the following error occurs :
error loading mesh file SRPL_SKY3_DOME1.GMT to memory

Can someone help me ?

Thanks
Luca.

Hi, I'm trying to convert Patrick Mugello from GSCE to AMS.
I've modified the .scn file like this :

MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS
MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=sdiMugello.MAS
MASFile=sdiMugelloMaps.MAS
Masfile=commonmaps.MAS

but the track don't load and the following error occurs :
error loading mesh file SRPL_SKY3_DOME1.GMT to memory

Can someone help me ?

Thanks
Luca.

The solution for this issue is here :
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/conversion-tips-for-ams.118466/page-3#post-2358772
Just follow the instructions and it works... I just tried the link and it seems to be broken, hope Dethrone1427 could post a new one?

existing this track for ams ?
1.png

So i've come back to AMS after a long break and cant remember totally the in's and out's of track editing as i used to. I've converted over some tracks from other games (for personal use only) but have found that im loosing the horizon, i suspect its down the the BKA,BKB,BKC files as from memory they are related to circuit background files. They've always done the trick in the past, but im not sure where to place these files now, as i've always placed them in the actual circuit folder and thats seemed to have done the trick in regards to the circuit finding as using the backgrounds. With this trackpack i cant get it to work, its the TC2000 trackpack from RF1.

That is the exact issue bud. You will find a majority of AMS tracks use the same BKA,BKB files such as VeloCitta, Caruaru, Oulton, and many more. Patrick used many of the same files in tracks like Fontana, Road America, Road Atlanta, Snetterton, ValdeVienne.

One thing I have been doing is using their scn and gdb values to get the AMS skies right, then either using their backgrounds or swapping back in the backgrounds from the original ported track. This is a primitive way to mod as I do not know how to do it properly. Some of the aforementioned files slightly vary as well so you can swap them around to better match your ported tracks.

Here is an example. Let's say you ported an RF1 track and you want AMS skies and better backgrounds. Carolina has the basic files you need.

1. Extract these files from the CMP_gmt.mas & CMP_text.mas files and put them in the same directory as your ported track's mas files:
BKA.DDS
BKB.DDS
SKYBOXI.GMT
SRPL_SKY3_DOME1.GMT
SRPL_SKY3_SUN1.GMT

2. Copy/overwrite these values to your scn file:
SearchPath=ReizaCommon
//-------------------------------------------------------
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

And this:

View=mainview
{
Clear=False
Color=(0,0,0)
Size=(1.00, 1.00) Center=(0.5, 0.5)
FOV=(55.25, 31.25)
ClipPlanes=(0.5,15000.00)
View=rearview
{
Clear=False
Color=(0, 0, 0)
Size=(512.00, 64.00) Center=(256.00, 32.00)
FOV=(55.25, 31.25)
ClipPlanes=(0.50, 3000.00)
}
}

GroupMethod=Dynamic

MaxShadowRange=(550.00)
AmbientColor=(125,125,130)

FogMode=LINEAR FogIn=(0.00) FogOut=(1500.00) FogDensity=(0.01) FogColor=(123,134,153)

Light=FDirect01
{
Type=Directional Dir=(0.338743,-0.883505,-0.323532) Color=(255,255,255)
}

Instance=skyboxi
{
Moveable=True Render=False
MeshFile=skyboxi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
Instance=Sky
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_dome1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
MeshFile=SRPL_sky3_sun1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}
}
Instance=skyboxj
{
Planes=(4)
MeshFile=skyboxi.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}

3. Copy/overwrite these values to your gdb file:

SkyBlendSunAngles=(-20.0,-5.0,10.0,25.0)

ShadowMinSunAngle=5.0

Latitude = 34
NorthDirection = 0
RaceDate = October 5

SunriseAmbientRGB = (150,150,175)
SunriseDirectionalRGB = (180,155,145)
SunriseFogRGB = (113,123,152)
SunriseFogIn = (0)
SunriseFogOut = (700)

DayAmbientRGB = (135,135,140)
DayDirectionalRGB = (255,250,240)
DayFogRGB = (123,134,162)
DayFogIn = (500)
DayFogOut = (1550)

SunsetAmbientRGB = (171,172,190)
SunsetDirectionalRGB = (223,157,117)
SunsetFogRGB = (90,85,50)
SunsetFogIn = (0)
SunsetFogOut = (1000)

NightAmbientRGB = (22,30,42)
NightDirectionalRGB = (10,10,16)
NightFogRGB = (15,12,10)
NightFogIn = (0)
NightFogOut = (1000)

MaxDayTemperature=21
MinDayTemperature=16
MaxNightTemperature=12
MinNightTemperature=8
TimeOffsetMinutes=30

Now your ported track will have the Carolina skies and backgrounds - which are the basic sky setup files for most AMS tracks. You can follow the same steps to copy backgrounds and skies from any other Reiza or AMS modded track. We cannot see all of the Reiza scn files but the Caruaru values usually work.

Hope this helps and you can always reach out to me directly for more help. ;)

Last edited:
Hey mate! Sorry I've come off FB, I would of hit you up on there, yeah I actually made myself a guide on how to do it like you said above, I just don't know which files actually do what, so I didn't know in which direction to go. I'll extract and use those files later and see if that does the trick. Those Argentinian circuits are crazy, they're a great addition to AMS - when I get them to work!

Ive tried this mate, i seem to have completely lost my touch. I've done an upgrade and before i was able to test out circuits, edit them, if they crashed i could ALT-CONTROL-DELETE out and see what was missing or which path was in correct, i cant do that now, not really sure why. But i followed your guide and its causing a crash and i cant even see why now!! I'll delete them, its fine, the quality of them is quite bad in reality. Had Reiza or Patrick made them....well.

Hello guys, I'm having an unusual problem, I've always used some SCE clues here at AMS, and when needed I made the corrections I learned here.
Earlier this week, I deleted my entire AMS, except for the Locations folder, and did a file scan, thus leaving my AMS, without mods, totally new, but with the clues I already had, before deleting myself. had walked the Ruapuna Park layout where we will have a Supercars championship soon, but now it has gone "Wrong GMT Version (or unsecure GMT version not allowed) for file SKYBOXI.GMT" and with other friends is working normally, Did I miss something out of the locations folder? I actually tried several alternatives and it didn't work out, does anyone know what it might be because before I didn't get the error SKYBOXI and now it's showing up?

Attachments

• a07f62b2-bea1-4188-87c2-67f6b6cb941c.jpg
    a07f62b2-bea1-4188-87c2-67f6b6cb941c.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 224

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering