Is converting GSCE tracks to AMS possible?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
Hi all.

I've been testing our almost released BTCC 2015/16 mod for quite a while now..

But i wanted to try them on some actual British Circuits like @Patrick Giranthon 's Croft.

But when i converted it to AMS And went to load up the tracks so much errors about the Cloudmesh or something popped up... Is this normal? and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Patrick, any easy way for n00bz to deal with this problem after moving track SCE -> AMS?
grab_006b6f23.jpg

I managed to take both files you mentioned from your Bathurst track, and now it looks like this:
When you point view directly at the center of the sun (GOOD)
grab_007bjshm.jpg

When you look away from the center (BAD)
grab_008lyshy.jpg

Probably some minor changes in the .scn files, we're almost there :)

I would like to rework croft, as actual layout is different, but it is not the next track for the moment.

Anyway, you can just change these lines in the beginning of .scn :

MASFile=CloudsMed.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS

to :

MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS

It should work I think. But no dynamic track then.

Patrick.
I've did Some Aussie tracks for V8 Supercars (SuperV8's) that you converted for SCE but I get a black square where the sun supposed to be. Any ideas how to fix this?

I was able to convert them but with that sun/sky error. I would be glad if you could write me which files are needed to be copied from bathrust. Im trying to convert Albert Park. Thank you very much
This solved my problem:
rename COMMONMAP.mas to COMMONMAPSGSC.mas in your .scn file and coppy GSC commonmaps.mas drop in your track folder and rename to COMMONMAPSGSC

Followed all your help but still didn't work. The black sun is still there.......

I copy the (renamed) Commonmapsgsc.mas in the track subfolder.

Procedure with scn edit:
"rename (GSC) COMMONMAP.mas to COMMONMAPSGSC.mas in your .scn file and coppy GSC commonmaps.mas drop in your track layout subfolder and rename to COMMONMAPSGSC"

"Change these lines in the beginning of .scn :

MASFile=CloudsMed.MAS
MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS

to :
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS
"

The commonmapsgsc.mas file must in every layout subfolder: (not track main folder, dont work)
track\track_spring
track\track_summer
track\track_chicane

Edit:
If you drop the COMMONMAPSGSC.MAS in locations folder work too, one time and no need to do this in all tracks.
Thanks. Works good too. But for me it come's too late. ;) Anyway.

Last edited:
Yes thanks to everyone who contributed to this explanation! It will hugely improve the fun while waiting for the game to progress.

qodafb.jpg

... Now, who's up for getting Bologna Historic into AMS?:D

Scratch that. I just saw it'll be part of the DLC. So no point, no need, no rush.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back