Featured iRacing Time of Day Progression and Tsukuba Preview Videos

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +900
    well, technically you never buy stuff but only lend it for the duration of your subscription. says so in the fine print of every single iRacing "transaction" you gave your consent to. i agree that this is unusual in the world of racing games, if you consider iracing to be the guys who own the tennis courts and you the guy who wants to play on their courts, well, where do you borrow the shoes and racket and balls? This is their business model, quite unlike any of their competitors. The real development in iRacing is not the stuff we see here but the move to better more stable servers they did some weeks back, i think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +900
    i can still remember the time when it was 4. they raised it to 6 some years back and people on forums have talked about raising it further, but it does not seem to be a priority.

3. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +900
    they've done this for 10 years now and show no sign of weakness. where are their competitors from ten years ago? none of them is still around in their original form if i am not mistaken. seems like their model is working, others not as well.
    let's not forget the sim-racing market is a niche within a niche, not much money to be made there. the first project cars sold more than a million in a year, iRacing has about 70,000 active users a year if i am not mistaken, figure where the money goes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +614
    ...yes, I would agree...and to Future proof themselves, more mainstream and possible extra customers....only my opinion.:)...regardless I am happy that they are including all this anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. protonv5

protonv5

Ratings:
    +139
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. whip

whip

Ratings:
    +107
    im more interested in the new tyre model personally as the current one isn't good

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,413
    im more interested in that new damage model and i dont even play the game :roflmao:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018 at 15:49
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. neuer31

neuer31

Ratings:
    +150
    I have yet to see true night time ...
    P.s. Here we go :)

Looks good - now we need rain and a much much better tire model, as it is still the least realistic out of the top sims ...
    (if you disagree, change my mind, but I can already tell you, Nicki Thiim WEC GTE Champion and Porsche Cup driver compared that and is that opinion, he must know it)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018 at 20:17
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. billymitchell

billymitchell

Ratings:
    +75
    I agree with you, but I think this IS the result of sustained active subscriptions.

There are now, what, 90 tracks in iRacing?? Adding dynamic shadows and color changes to EVERY texture is a massive undertaking. I can't believe their going to roll out support for all of them at once.

As for those that can't afford the subscription+content... that's fine with me! It keeps the user base leaner but more active.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ls tech

Ls tech

Ratings:
    +2
    Horrible graphics, look like playstation 2, only the cars are nicely crafted visually in textures

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,614
    step in right direction ! for people like me the only thing that's needed it's offline access to the content, so that if I don't want to race MP, I could still use it for practice / time trials etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +170
    They have so much depth in this sim now there really ain’t anything like it. Really looking forward to this and the upcoming HDR lighting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Yeschristopher

Yeschristopher

Ratings:
    +2
    Nice because Iracing currently has sky boxes out of halflife 1 apparently.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Thomas Gunderson

Thomas Gunderson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Just signed up for den 2 year deal a couple of days ago, been racing AC and rF2, but with 3 kids it is hard to find the time to join a proper league, and the quick races on AC is turn 1 disaster for sure (almost) so far I'm very happy with "quick" races on iRacing and it is still 50% off https://www.iracing.com/membership/

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Sharpy Bonfire

Sharpy Bonfire
    Premium

Ratings:
    +41
    Do not expect much more from rookie-class races in iRacing either...

Protip: it is easy to level up your licence level with time trials...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Thomas Gunderson

Thomas Gunderson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Edit: sorry dont know how to delete this it is was a reply

Thanks for the info havn't tried that yet. found a promo code for the 3 months for 5$ and got up to D lvl, I didn't do any qual in the races, started in the back and drove by 1/3 of the field in turn one ;)

Was so happy with it i bought the 2 year deal yesterday, but now i have to get my license up again, I'll try the time trials this time :)

• Love Love x 2
  17. Thomas Gunderson

Thomas Gunderson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Thanks for the info havn't tried that yet. found a promo code for the 3 months for 5$ and got up to D lvl, I didn't do any qual in the races, started in the back and drove by 1/3 of the field in turn one ;)

Was so happy with it i bought the 2 year deal yesterday, but now i have to get my license up again, I'll try the time trials this time :)

• Love Love x 1
  18. whip

whip

Ratings:
    +107
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GTAce

GTAce

Ratings:
    +231
    The cloud-tech is really impressive. It's a shame that the lighting is so flat. It could look really amazing with better reflections on surfaces and some PBR.

20. Theodore Kascinsky

Theodore Kascinsky

Ratings:
    +12
    Better later than never. You don't need to be a professional race driver to know how a race track is highly sensible to tarmac temperature. From a minute all drivers lap times float up and down according to the grip, track usage, time of the day... Racing can be everything except static both visuals and dynamics and if you want to simulate this a static environment as Race Room or Asseto Corsa is the worst option.

One of more interesting things I experienced is how my hometown kart circuit can be faster or slower when some clouds cover the sun and get the tarmac temperature down for 2 or 3 degrees C. Or a how a light rain mess all the grid upside down due the drivers luck or lack of confidence on semi wet surface. All of this make the motorsports alive.

They need to implement weather.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.